: Detroit Auto Show Info

Davidstan
01-05-07, 03:35 PM
Anybody know the likelyhood of GM announcing their plan for the 2008/9 CTS-V at the upcoming show?????:confused: :confused: :confused:

The Tony Show
01-05-07, 03:43 PM
The official unveiling is planned for that show.

Jon
01-05-07, 03:45 PM
The CTS will be unveiled them, not the V.

rand49er
01-05-07, 03:59 PM
I dunno about any announcement, but I'm going (with my 4-year-old in tow).

I could ask someone at the GM exhibit about the new V. Like they're gonna tell ME ...r-r-i-ight! :thehand:

Davidstan
01-05-07, 03:59 PM
The CTS will be unveiled them, not the V.

Thats what i was thinking. I guess we'll at least get some good rumors from the show.

Woody_MI
01-05-07, 04:02 PM
What day are you going Rand? I'm thinking of going on Wednesday or Thursday as I don't like the weekend crowd. :)

rand49er
01-05-07, 04:32 PM
What day are you going Rand? I'm thinking of going on Wednesday or Thursday as I don't like the weekend crowd. :)Holy crap! I just checked, and it's next week!!! I thought is was later in January. And my wife has next week off!!!!!!!!!

That changes things. (wife --> :thepan: <-- me) She expects me to pretty much do her bidding when she's off ... I love my wife. :cloud9:

She is NOT a morning person, so perhaps ... maybe ... I can wrangle either Wed or Thur morning to go. O-o-o-h, this is gonna be tricky. (me -->:worship: :rant2: <-- wife) If I can get an extension to my leash, you could drive here, and I could drive us down there. Might only be able to go for a few hours, though. There is a remote possibility that she would want to go in which case all we'd be able to do is meet up there or something. I'll pose the question to her tonight ... this might be my last post for a while. I hope to be in touch soon. (wife--> :hitstick: <-- me)

Ryan's '05-V
01-05-07, 06:53 PM
I never miss a show. I will go with a buddy around 3PM or so from work someday for about two hours. I take quite a few pics and will definitley get some of the CTS. I doubt they will have a V ready but the CTS will be unveiled then as I recall.

Randy, the show is the 13th-21st so it's not next week but next weekend.
If you recall Randy, I tell my wife about things in advance and let her know it being one of the few things she has any say in (like our V meets). The show gives you several days for her to pick a time you can get about for 3-4 hrs including driving time to be gone. I know this doesn't work real well with you but you could always try it once to see how she takes it. Of course you need to be nice and let her know what you plan to do.

Anyway, enjoy the show everyone. I'm sure www.gminsidenews.com will have plenty of hi-res shots. They just posted the 2009 Camaro Convertible yesterday. I stay up to date on my GM news there. This site had great shots: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/camaro-convertible-concept/
Later.

50 4Ever
01-05-07, 07:10 PM
Here is the schedule of events:
Chevrolet Camaro Convertible World Premier at the GM Style event – taped highlights available on Sunday, January 7
New Technology Reveal – live on Sunday, January 7, at 1:45 p.m. EST
Cadillac CTS World Premier – live on Monday, January 8, at 9:40 a.m. EST
Chevrolet Malibu World Premier – live on Tuesday, January 9, at 9 a.m. ESTWatch the New GM Style Red Carpet Event Live Via the Internet
On Saturday, January 6, GM is hosting a new red carpet style event to showcase GM vehicles paired with celebrities. Thanks to the creative talents of GM designers, the GM Style event will have more than enough horsepower on hand, plus plenty of star power. This event will be staged in a pavilion on the Detroit Riverfront just east of GM Global Headquarters at the Renaissance Center. It is one of the largest gatherings of stars and cars Detroit has ever seen.

I think the website is gmtv.feedroom.com (http://email.graction.com/cgi-bin15/DM/y/nX7X0MCkJL0D4Y0VYf0E8).

Wish I could be there.

http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/adv_tech/100_news/images/2008CadillacCTS.jpg
GM VP Global Design Ed Welburn (left), and GM
Vice Chairman Global Product Development
Bob Lutz provide a sneak peek at the all-new
2008 Cadillac CTS, which will be fully revealed
at Detroit's North American International Auto
Show in January.

rand49er
01-05-07, 08:38 PM
... Randy, the show is the 13th-21st so it's not next week but next weekend. ...

Here is the schedule of events:

Chevrolet Camaro Convertible World Premier at the GM Style event taped highlights available on Sunday, January 7
New Technology Reveal live on Sunday, January 7, at 1:45 p.m. EST
Cadillac CTS World Premier live on Monday, January 8, at 9:40 a.m. EST
Chevrolet Malibu World Premier live on Tuesday, January 9, at 9 a.m. EST...Okay, am I a couple of tacos short of a combo plate or what? Can someone interpret this for a cerebrally-challenged guy? :bonkers:

CVP33
01-05-07, 08:45 PM
I use to go every year when I lived in MI, but not anymore. For the record, don't waste your time asking the "reps" in the show car area any questions about product and definitely future product. These folks are hired smiles and know very little about the new cars or cars in general. :cookoo:

Woody_MI
01-05-07, 10:38 PM
Okay, am I a couple of tacos short of a combo plate or what? Can someone interpret this for a cerebrally-challenged guy? :bonkers:

The NAIAS runs from the 7th-21st. 7-9 is Press Preview, 10-11 is Industry Preview, the 12th is the Charity preview where you can buy a $400+ ticket to a black tie thing, and then the show opens to the public (as usual, the people who actual purchase the cars are last:banghead: ) 13th - 21st.

I will be going on the 17th or 18th Randy, but I'll let you know way in advance. It really boils down to what time my hockey games is on Wednesday night.

rand49er
01-05-07, 10:55 PM
... I will be going on the 17th or 18th ...Either day is good for me. :thumbsup:

HiTechRV
01-05-07, 11:14 PM
I'll be asking about the V early on in the show and snaping some pics. I wish I could get into the press days!

RocketV
01-06-07, 08:34 AM
I spoke with a Cadillac rep at the Indy show and she said that while the new V would not be at the Detroit show, there should be more info on it. She also said that if you happen to go on the right day and at the right time there will be people from the V team on deck. I plan to go on the 17th and 18th, and if I find any V team people I will use Marine Corps negotiation methods (knee on their chest, knife at their throat) to see what I can find out about the next iteration of our beloved V. :cool2:

Woody_MI
01-06-07, 09:33 AM
Sounds like we can get a good group of V owners together at the show, so if Rocket's tactics don't work, we'll intimidate with numbers! ;)

The Tony Show
01-06-07, 09:55 AM
D'oh! I didn't even see the "V" part of the first post- I thought you asked about the regular CTS.

Whoopsie.

The Tony Show
01-06-07, 10:46 AM
On a related note: Does anyone else like the "fake" healights on the mule better than the production ones? I was suprised to notice that they went to such extremes to hide the headlight design, and I frankly like the fake ones better.

Check it out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/Vfront1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/2008cadillaccts21-1.jpg

The first one looks meaner.

atdeneve
01-06-07, 11:12 AM
Yup. No comparison. I'd go for the first one. The second one looks cheap and plastic-y. The first ones definitely look more purposeful and have that "don't fvck with me" character about em. Sorta like a gatling gun. Very nice. I'd find out who made em, how to get em, and switch em out. Pronto.

Good eye.

MescalVto
01-07-07, 12:23 AM
Hey Randy,

answers from www.naias.com (http://www.naias.com)

Jan 7-9 Press Preview
Jan 10-11 Industry Preview
Jan 12 Charity Preview
. . . Public Show Jan 13-21

DOH! now I see all explained already on the next page . . . oh well

Hmmm . . . I may be able to go on the 17th or 18th as well. . . .
But, if we hope to see anyone that may know anything the best bet may be to go to the industry preview! only catch is tickets are 75$!!!:eek:

rand49er
01-07-07, 06:10 AM
... I may be able to go on the 17th or 18th as well. . . . tickets are 75$!!!:eek:Woody and I are thinking one of those days, too ... would love to meet up. Don't know who else within our "normal" crowd could make it; ronr can't, haven't contacted swampfox, not sure 'bout Ryan. Would be fun with some out-of-towners. And 75 clams would come right out of my maggie savings ... ain't gonna happen.

On a down note, found a ding in my passenger-side rear door caused by my 4-year-old son opening my wife's Buick Rainier door ... I'm still in my first 24 hours of mourning. :crying2: Gonna get it fixed this week so you guys won't see me like this.

Woody_MI
01-07-07, 11:09 AM
On a down note, found a ding in my passenger-side rear door caused by my 4-year-old son opening my wife's Buick Rainier door ... I'm still in my first 24 hours of mourning. :crying2: Gonna get it fixed this week so you guys won't see me like this.

:jawdrop: That sucks Randy. Sounds like you have the same luck with the family that I do.

Davidstan
01-07-07, 11:53 AM
Maybe James at Lindsays can now share some insider info:confused:

Lindsay Cadillac
01-07-07, 08:25 PM
:yeah:

I don't have any inside information... Never claimed to have any... Only thing I've heard about the new V has been on this board, nothing from Cadillac....

Ryan's '05-V
01-08-07, 07:50 AM
Check out the new CTS, I think it looks real nice. The V only gets better.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43050

lawfive
01-08-07, 11:57 AM
Wow, I like it! More formal looking a la the STS, but still staying true to the stealth fighter theme.

lawfive
01-08-07, 12:01 PM
Crap! Look where the emergency brake is on this manual!!

rand49er
01-08-07, 04:28 PM
Crap! Look where the emergency brake is on this manual!!Unbelievable! :helpless:

HiTechRV
01-08-07, 07:26 PM
Home run Mr. Lutz. Power tilt and telescoping wheel, cooled seats, 200 foot remote start remote. Better than my wildest expectations.

ctsvett
01-08-07, 10:49 PM
gonna close this since we are talking about the new CTS in the other thread...

Reed