Whats going on , I need a little bit of help. I'm in the process of building a Sc for the non V cts. I was wondering what rear end does the V have? Isn't the V rear end ,and the 03 3.2L Rear end have the same gear ratio ? So would that mean the rear ends are similiar? if not what is the ratio, and what not. Any info can help thanks
01-05-07, 12:48 PM
The gear ratio is 3.73, which, I believe, is unique to the V, though the differential housing is the same.
Not what I thought you meant :)
01-05-07, 03:12 PM
"Uhh, heh-heh-heh, 'Need Rear End Help,' uhh, heh-heh-heh." Florian
Another great thread title...
01-05-07, 03:39 PM
:nono: You guys should be ashamed for thinking that this thread was about some fudge-packing V owner from Brokeback Mountain. Shame, shame, shame. :helpless:
01-05-07, 11:51 PM
The CTS-V diff. is not the same part number as the CTS. It is a 3.73 with G80 limited slip, and the 2007 diff has enhancements to handle addtional torque:
CTS-V RDM is different from base CTS RDM in following respects:
1. The Diff Gears are shot peened for more strength and higher durability.
2. The RDM frt bushing has 65 durometer rubber material for improved durability.
3. Inside Differential housing has an oil dam that works as a reservoir for the oil and helps to reduce heat by 10 degree C.
For the other driveline components on CTS-V :
1. Propshaft Asm - Higher strength CV joint (VL3300) and a more durable rubber coupling.
2. RR Halfshaft Asm - Larger 4400 size CV joint with higher torque capacity.
Or at least, that's the word on the street.....
01-06-07, 01:45 AM
hopefully my 05 one last a while