: Will a double din dvd fit in my stock radio location?

Nightman
01-05-07, 01:30 AM
I just bought a 96 Sedan DeVille this afternoon. I would like to upgrade the head unit with a dvd video hu. This is the one I am looking at:
http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/car/us/dvd/kw_avx706/index.html

http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/car/us/dvd/kw_avx706/img/index_avx700_img01.jpg

Would this work in my 96? It says it will work in cars with a 4" high opening, and my opening is around 4 3/4"

I did search the forums, but could not find this specific information.

Thank you,
Brett

CadillacSTS42005
01-05-07, 03:14 PM
yuh a dbl din will fit
but you have to make a dash kit, only a single din fit kit exists thus far

Nightman
01-06-07, 04:28 AM
So if I pick up the Metra 2004 kit I can dremel/sand it out to fill up the sides right?

I do not have the bose system, just the basic cassette player.

I ended up buying a Panasonic instead because the JVC was not a touch screen.

http://www.millionbuy.net/mmMBCB2B/Images/pancqvd6503u.jpg

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-07, 09:31 AM
yup
youll also need to break out some of the plastic at the back of the hole in the dash to make room. youll see what i mean

Nightman
01-06-07, 11:10 PM
Cool, I think I'm all set now. I bought the Metra 03 data cable kit, the antenna adapter, the HU, and the Metra single din kit with pocket. I also picked up an overhead flip down lcd monitor that mounts on the roof, so the kiddies can watch movies while in the backseat.

Has anybody else here installed one of these overhead flip down monitors?

CadillacSTS42005
01-07-07, 06:51 PM
if you have a sunroof your in for some real fun...
if not it should be pretty self explanatory...

Nightman
01-07-07, 07:17 PM
nope, no sunroof. My new Caddy is pretty much just a basic model. But thats OK, its in beautiful condition and has that wonderful Cadillac ride.

10mpg
01-14-07, 08:35 PM
nightman: how did your install go? any pics of modding that kit to double din? im looking to d o the same in my 02 deville.

Jenns90seville
01-15-07, 01:12 PM
Looking to do a double din DVD in my 90 Seville...anyone tried this? Or any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Nightman
01-17-07, 12:49 AM
I haven't received my HU yet, it is supposed to be here tomorrow. I have a Dentist appt tomorrow afternoon, so I may not get to it until Thursday. I'm pretty excited to get to it tho! :)

Nightman
01-17-07, 12:50 AM
Pics here of a double din in a '99 Deville...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/88549-pics-pioneer-avic-d2-double-din.html

2000 Seville SLS
01-29-07, 03:03 PM
So if I pick up the Metra 2004 kit I can dremel/sand it out to fill up the sides right?

I do not have the bose system, just the basic cassette player.

I ended up buying a Panasonic instead because the JVC was not a touch screen.

http://www.millionbuy.net/mmMBCB2B/Images/pancqvd6503u.jpg

I also want to put this same one in my 2000 Seville SLS can any one tell me if this will work I have seached and found nothing, but I no nothing about car steroes so I could have looked right at it

CadillacSTS42005
01-29-07, 03:51 PM
bose or no bose
gotta provide a bit more info...
and youll have to have a custom fit kit made, theres only a single din kit available

2000 Seville SLS
01-29-07, 09:44 PM
bose or no bose
gotta provide a bit more info...
and youll have to have a custom fit kit made, theres only a single din kit available

No bose. Just regular CD and cassette tape. Steering wheels controls ( I would like to keep these working) And Actually I dont care about upgrading the speakers, the HU could enhance the SQ ( I guess) The same as above or like 99 Classillac has, that would would pretty sweet in my ride

CadillacSTS42005
01-29-07, 09:53 PM
ok
heres what you need
gmos-06 (retail 109 bucks i have one for sale right now for 80 bucks tested and works 100% let me know if you like it)
single din metra 99-2005 kit and either mod it or have it cut to fit a double din hu
the hu

2000 Seville SLS
01-29-07, 10:11 PM
pm me on how to pay you. I also need to know how to mod the metra kit. I am not going to install, so i have to be able tell an installer how to mod it (never can be sure) people say they can do stuff but can't.

Thanks in advance

CadillacSTS42005
01-29-07, 10:30 PM
pm sent
you obviously cant pm back yet
feel free to email me though cadillacetc1997@yahoo.com

TheProdigalSon
03-28-07, 10:25 AM
nightman... your finished job looks great!!!

I am interested in installing a double din unit in my 2005 STS... how simmilar of a job would that be?

Nightman
03-28-07, 12:29 PM
nightman... your finished job looks great!!!

I am interested in installing a double din unit in my 2005 STS... how simmilar of a job would that be?

I didn't post pics of mine yet, the link is to another thread here of another members finished job in his 99 DeVille.

As far as similar or not, I really have no idea whatsoever. I don't know what the 2005 STS looks like.

Hearse85Caddy
12-30-08, 08:20 PM
hi all,
i've been searching and clicking through search results for several evenings now, and I need a confirmation on the information that i've gathered. I have a '94 sedan deville, stock stereo still in place. (just cassete and tuner.) Will a 2 DIN unit fit in there? if so, i know i'll have to custom make a trim fit kit....(that'll be no prob...) Can I get a wire harness for this thing? (what i mean is a plug that goes into the factory plug on one end, and loose wires to connect to the head unit on the other) And last, is there enough room in the dash, or will i need to "rearrange" some things under there?

Thanks for the help!

Hearse85Caddy
12-30-08, 08:21 PM
hi all,
i've been searching and clicking through search results for several evenings now, and I need a confirmation on the information that i've gathered. I have a '94 sedan deville, stock stereo still in place. (just cassete and tuner.) Will a 2 DIN unit fit in there? if so, i know i'll have to custom make a trim fit kit....(that'll be no prob...) Can I get a wire harness for this thing? (what i mean is a plug that goes into the factory plug on one end, and loose wires to connect to the head unit on the other) And last, is there enough room in the dash, or will i need to "rearrange" some things under there?

Thanks for the help!