: Interior peeling is really bad.

TexasAg98
01-04-07, 10:08 PM
Almost all of our Escalades have it and mine is an 04.

There should be a recall on this.

harrison512
01-06-07, 12:08 AM
I live in Austin, TX, and have managed to get interior trim pieces and the headlights replaced by the dealer under warranty for peeling and what they listed as "environmental" damage.

Levand16
01-21-07, 05:52 PM
My 02 has the same problem and both dealers here in San Antonio refuse to fix it under the factory warr. They told me GM knows it's a problem and thats why it's not covered under warr...:wtf: I would really like to have mine fixed the dash and console is pealing, I don't even want to clean the dash cus i'm worried the paint will flake wrose!

TexasAg98
01-22-07, 10:31 AM
My 02 has the same problem and both dealers here in San Antonio refuse to fix it under the factory warr. They told me GM knows it's a problem and thats why it's not covered under warr...:wtf: I would really like to have mine fixed the dash and console is pealing, I don't even want to clean the dash cus i'm worried the paint will flake wrose!

I'm in San Antonio also. What dealers did you go to? KB?

Levand16
01-22-07, 02:08 PM
I went to both KB Cadi and Cavender Cadi. I bought it at KB and they still won't fix it. In fact the last time I told it in I asked about it problem twice and the subject was quickly changed, it was like they didn't even here me!

Blownsclade
10-16-07, 03:40 AM
Hmmn. My new Escalade is from San Antonio, and the nav system buttons have peeled like crazy (even worse than in this pic taken two months ago).

GM knows about this eh? Hmmmmn. Shall we get in touch with Lemon Aid???

AJxtcman
10-16-07, 08:13 AM
Almost all of our Escalades have it and mine is an 04.

There should be a recall on this.

Recall are for safety reasons. They have other policies for problems.

I got into a customers Escalade Friday. It had the paint/coating peeling all over, but it was in a very strange way. Don't take this the wrong way, but it came from the inner city and smelled like a brick. Some people pour Pimp oil down the Vents also. Guess what the paint was peeling in streaks down from the vents. They spilt the Pimp oil on the dash. It cause it to peel the paint off the head light switch. I have seen a lot of center consoles peel. More so on the first gens.

Hmmn. My new Escalade is from San Antonio, and the nav system buttons have peeled like crazy (even worse than in this pic taken two months ago).

GM knows about this eh? Hmmmmn. Shall we get in touch with Lemon Aid???

Ok this is funny. Very funny to me.
I have seen a lot of radio's like this more Nav's. I always said that the coating was getting chipped by long nails.
I have Nav in mine. My girlfriend drives it 80% of the time. I get to dive it from time to time. She only uses the steering wheel controls and I use the Buttons. Hmmm. Since I work on cars it must be something on my hands because it started after I was driving it for a month.:hmm: :hmm: I need to get mine fixed before the warranty is gone.

Lord Cadillac
10-17-07, 04:10 PM
I have an 05 Escalade ESV and the buttons next to my navigation screen are peeling badly.. My dealership (Maroone) doesn't cover it either..

Boombotz
10-28-07, 03:51 PM
I have an 05 Escalade ESV and the buttons next to my navigation screen are peeling badly.. My dealership (Maroone) doesn't cover it either..
Mine does over here. I just get it replaced for the 3rd time. No questions asks.

ewill3rd
10-29-07, 09:27 AM
The buttons on the radio can be replaced. We replace them all the time and can get you some buttons. If you are handy with some tools and patient you could easily replace them yourself.
They are a little expensive at $16 a piece, but it is cheaper than replacing the radio.

100% of the vehicles I have seen with peeling paint on the dash are covered with armor all or some finish enhancing agent. I believe it specifically states not to use those in the owner's manual.

I wish I got paid to hear "they all do it and there should be a recall". I'd be a rich man.
There are many paint services that can touch up or repaint the dash and make it look brand new for not a whole lot of money.

Lord Cadillac
11-01-07, 01:04 PM
Crap. I bring my truck to a car wash and have them clean it. I wonder if they use armor all on the buttons...

doctroprint
04-01-08, 02:49 PM
My 05 cts has 36000 miles on it.
2nd owner..
paint was chipping on nav buttons, and face plate.
also in a few other areas.
Took it to dealer for other service, mentioned it to them.
picked my car up and ALL was replaced.
It's all about the level of service and the approach
in dealing with this issue.