: STS v. BMW 525

c5 rv
01-04-07, 07:43 PM
One of my co-workers said she and her husband went out on Tuesday to test drive a 525. They really liked it. I suggested that they try out the STS, also. Are there any good STS advantages I should point out? They currently have a Camry and Highlander.

It may be an uphill battle, though. They are new empty-nesters and they spent time living in Germany before they had kids. They may have a strong feeling of "We've always wanted to have a BMW".

Jesda
01-05-07, 12:34 AM
The STS has a better ride and easier to use electronics.

harryctsv
01-05-07, 03:13 AM
One of my co-workers said she and her husband went out on Tuesday to test drive a 525. They really liked it. I suggested that they try out the STS, also. Are there any good STS advantages I should point out? They currently have a Camry and Highlander.

It may be an uphill battle, though. They are new empty-nesters and they spent time living in Germany before they had kids. They may have a strong feeling of "We've always wanted to have a BMW".
Hi c5 rv,
lol....lol.....lol
Im german and drive a brand new STS and here in Germany a STS is many classes higher than a bmw 525 and no one would compare this two cars.

I know many americans love bimmers - I love Cadillacs:thumbsup:

Here`s a picture of two world class cars.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/Bild007.jpg

Harry

Kadonny
01-05-07, 07:59 AM
The 525 is a dog. The V8 STS will feel like a beast after driving the 525.

Basically have them drive the 2 and see which one they like better. The Caddy should take care of itself right there.

yourgmsolutions
01-05-07, 11:33 AM
most thing I hate about BMW is " I Drive " or what ever else the call it. I've heard that many bmw owners hate that thing so much

soupero
01-05-07, 12:46 PM
Hi c5 rv,
lol....lol.....lol
Im german and drive a brand new STS and here in Germany a STS is many classes higher than a bmw 525 and no one would compare this two cars.

I know many americans love bimmers - I love Cadillacs:thumbsup:

Here`s a picture of two world class cars.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/Bild007.jpg

Harry

True, so true!!

In Europe the cadillac is indeed higher in class etc because it's a very exclusive car, which you can't say about the BMW.

I can go out and drive for 1 hour and I would have seen more than 100 BMW's. :p

And it's probably the same in the USA, where BMW is much more exclusive than cadillac. Because it's from Europe (better quality etc) and tons of other reasons.

My choice would be of course the cadillac, just because of the engine 2.5 vs 3.6 is a big difference!

Tho if they would go for a 530i or 540i or even a 550i, I would maybe go for a BMW.