: Just dyno'ed 384RWHP...Want to compare to others

JOEYCTS-V
01-04-07, 08:26 PM
I just dyno'ed 384 RWHP with Lingenfelter cold air box, TPIS headers, Corsa exhaust and a cam. I was hoping for closer to 400 RWHP but I guess I can't complain. Are these #'s good? What are others putting out with similar mods? Thanks....

BTW, my injectors were at 98.9 duty cycle....the temperature inside was 74 degrees, with an IAT of 94.

nikon
01-04-07, 08:40 PM
how do like the tpis headers?? did you have to move the motor or anything??

JOEYCTS-V
01-04-07, 08:42 PM
The TPIS headers went in very easily. They made a pretty big difference but if I had to do it again I would go with the KOOKS. I picked up the TPIS for a great price used from someone locally.

Drift-caddy
01-04-07, 09:02 PM
I just dyno'ed 384 RWHP with Lingenfelter cold air box, TPIS headers, Corsa exhaust and a cam. I was hoping for closer to 400 RWHP but I guess I can't complain. Are these #'s good? What are others putting out with similar mods? Thanks....

BTW, my injectors were at 98.9 duty cycle....the temperature inside was 74 degrees, with an IAT of 94.

Did you do a before and after?? Please tell me that you tuned the car. If not stop driving it. Also what cam/ what did the Trq look like. can u post a graph. If you dont have it tuned...:sneaky: hello.

lunarx
01-04-07, 09:20 PM
98.9 duty cycle is not a good thing.
Am I wrong?

V-Max
01-04-07, 09:36 PM
98.9 duty cycle is not a good thing.
Am I wrong?

Once your injectors are static or fully opened they could drain fuel pressure and the last pistons/injectors on each rail could see less fuel. With the compression of the LS6 you will not are that duty cycle for long. So D'caddy says not to zing the rpms. Either increase injector size slightly or a larger fuel pump is needed, or both.

Norm

Florian
01-04-07, 09:55 PM
did you tune???

F

HiTechRV
01-04-07, 10:02 PM
Fuel starvation is limiting your hp.

DILLIGAF
01-04-07, 11:04 PM
Those numbers are fine if your doing pulls on a stingy dyno,I did 390rwhp with my maggie at 5 1/2 lbs of boost and the stock air box and corsa.

JOEYCTS-V
01-04-07, 11:58 PM
Yes, the car was tuned. I'm nowhere near needing a fuel pump but injectors are definitely a must if I want to make power. Any temperature below 50 I will be running lean; that's when the knock sensors will kick in and retard the timing.

Cam specs: 224/228 .590 113 LSA

Drift-caddy
01-05-07, 06:21 AM
Yes, the car was tuned. I'm nowhere near needing a fuel pump but injectors are definitely a must if I want to make power. Any temperature below 50 I will be running lean; that's when the knock sensors will kick in and retard the timing.

Cam specs: 224/228 .590 113 LSA

Nice cam. that is a great street cam. Your number seem alil low but maybe the dyno. Not to worry to much. After all you did not buy a Supra. What was your A/f. Its great that it pulls timing but pulling timing and running lean are not the same. You can still run lean and have no timing and melt a piston. The knock sensors will only pulling timing if it sees knock. Also did your tuner adjust the knock sensor count at all or the knock burst or retard?? Can you post up your dyno numbers a graph. Seems like you have alot left on the table here with your setup. HOw much timing are you running? Did he tune with a wideband?

Florian
01-05-07, 09:55 AM
wow, thats the same as my cam and with the same mods and tune Im +20 RWHP. Sounds as if something is amiss.

F

rand49er
01-05-07, 10:55 AM
... thats the same as my cam ...:shhh: it's a secret.

j/k

Tags63
01-05-07, 10:55 AM
Hey!!

Yea, sounds like something was possibly missed or could have been the dyno. They do differ quite a bit from dynoes & even putting the same car on the same dyno, you won't get the same numbers. After I did the minor mods on my V and had it tuned I ran 378 rwhp and thats without a cam. Just headers, hi flow cats, corsa, 160* stat & tune.

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Florian
01-05-07, 11:19 AM
:shhh: it's a secret.

j/k

thats funny, points....(BTW, its SUPER Secret.....plain old Crane cam)

F

lunarx
01-05-07, 01:25 PM
Please, stay out of the throttle untill you get injectors. :bonkers:
We don't want you posting a lemon video on StreetFire.net.

JOEYCTS-V
01-05-07, 07:04 PM
I don't know the air fuel ratio; I forgot to ask and it doesn't show on this dyno sheet. Yes, the car was tuned with a wide band 02. It was extremely warm in the shop. Like I stated above, IA temps were mid to high 90's. The tuner is excellent to say the least; they really know their stuff. I plan on throwing heads on the car very soon along with bigger injectors. I had the cam and was anxious to throw it in.

Florian, where did you get that cam from???

Drift-caddy
01-05-07, 07:14 PM
I don't know the air fuel ratio; I forgot to ask and it doesn't show on this dyno sheet. Yes, the car was tuned with a wide band 02. It was extremely warm in the shop. Like I stated above, IA temps were mid to high 90's. The tuner is excellent to say the least; they really know their stuff. I plan on throwing heads on the car very soon along with bigger injectors. I had the cam and was anxious to throw it in.

Florian, where did you get that cam from???

Sorry, if i was tuning your car and saw your injectors were at 98.9 duty cycle i would stop. Just stop till you get the parts you need. I dont care what the temp is. The car is going to see that temp when you are driving. Well good luck and have fun with it. I dont understand why you posted this on here. You ask us to look at you dyno and ur mods, No one has told you it looks good, then you want to go back to the same place. Well i wish ya luck and hope to see you out and about. Last 2 questions from me, what type of DYNO and how much trq did u make