Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Color questions

931 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Redline 
#1 ·
Is there an actual color change from red line to infared, or is it just a name change? Also, the Cadillac web site shows the "tan" interior to have tan door
panels with black inserts (like the gray interior) are the 07s like this or is this an error on the web site? Finally does Cadillac make tan door panels for the CTS? Thanks!

#2 ·
The paint codes from Redline to Infrared are different. Some will say there is no difference and they will whip out their Dr. Frankenstein gadgetry to prove it to you. But I challange anyone to take their one color coded car and have the body shop repaint parts using the other color code and see how the vehicle turns out. :D

#4 ·
AK Jim
I'm the "some" that CIWS refers to with my color meter. I have both cars and according to the color meter the colors are the same. NOTE: The color meter is much more sensitive than my eyes. I can't tell any difference. If weather is nice on Sat, I will park them side by side and post a picture.
Bruce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.