: Color questions

Ak Jim
01-04-07, 07:52 PM
Is there an actual color change from red line to infared, or is it just a name change? Also, the Cadillac web site shows the "tan" interior to have tan door
panels with black inserts (like the gray interior) are the 07s like this or is this an error on the web site? Finally does Cadillac make tan door panels for the CTS? Thanks!

CIWS
01-04-07, 07:58 PM
The paint codes from Redline to Infrared are different. Some will say there is no difference and they will whip out their Dr. Frankenstein gadgetry to prove it to you. But I challange anyone to take their one color coded car and have the body shop repaint parts using the other color code and see how the vehicle turns out. :D

MissouriRed06V
01-04-07, 09:40 PM
Having parked my infrared next to a redline, the infrared (when clean in sunlight) is darker. But then, the V I parked next to had seen a couple more years of weather than mine.

Albertan
01-04-07, 11:53 PM
AK Jim
I'm the "some" that CIWS refers to with my color meter. I have both cars and according to the color meter the colors are the same. NOTE: The color meter is much more sensitive than my eyes. I can't tell any difference. If weather is nice on Sat, I will park them side by side and post a picture.
Bruce

Ak Jim
01-05-07, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the response. A side by side pic would be cool!

Albertan
01-06-07, 08:01 PM
I took these pictures today. 30F and windy. Cars were in the shade. They sure look the same to me.
Bruce

Silver Dollar
01-06-07, 08:02 PM
I say mystery solved. They're the same.

theloanman219
01-06-07, 10:16 PM
They are the are the same but different. In some strange way.

Redline
01-08-07, 03:17 PM
Wife has a Redline SRX which I've parked next to the Infrared - they are minimally different. I wouldn't touch-up one with the other...