: Bye Bye V

Kyle15
01-04-07, 12:53 PM
Well guys Im selling the V for an RS4...If anyone wants the V to go to a good home instead of this dealer make me an offer over 32k. The car is in NC, 2005 black on black, 16k miles, lots of tasteful upgrades. Car must sell in the next week. Thanks guys.

heavypedal
01-04-07, 01:06 PM
Hey Kyle, where are you in NC?

p.s. You might want to list out your upgrades or provide a link.

erp2863
01-04-07, 01:15 PM
Really not trying to be rude or an ass, but could explain how you decided the RS4 is worth $75k for performance that is marginally better than the V? A recent Autoweek review could only manage a 13.7 out of it and was almost a dead heat thru the cones and braking.

What other cars had you considered? My list at that price point would be E55, M5, RS6, LS7-Z06, 911...

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061222/FREE/61207006/1007/FREE

Florian
01-04-07, 01:27 PM
Worst decision ever....Audi is awful. I had a 2001 S4 that was a maintenance hog....oil changes (must be done by dealer) were almost 200 bux a crack, warranty denial more than half a dozen times for miscellaneous stuff, I dumped it as soon as I could......you might want to rethink your decision.

F

Kyle15
01-04-07, 01:39 PM
Well, after driving both is how I based my decision. I am paying invoice on the car which is around 65k. 13.7 is absolutely redicious. The car goes 0-60 in 4.5 or less I can guarantee. The AWD launch is amazing and it pulls harder than the V. I can definitely see poor numbers if you arent utilizing the launch to its potential. I am positive this thing will put out 1.7 60' times pretty easily stock. Cars are personal preference and I didn't come here to get approval, no offense. After owning a MB and going to the V I am tired of the reduced quality and I really enjoy the styling of the Audi. Anyways the upgrades are listed below. Also the maintance at 5k 15k 25k and 35k are included.

P.S. It did the ring in under 8 minutes, 30 seconds over the STS-V
2005 CTS-V Black/Black
16k miles
CAR Motorsports Mats
STS-V DRLs
Zoomers
TIS 07 Wheels
5% tint
GTO Monaro shift knob

Make me an offer if you want it.

heavypedal
01-04-07, 02:07 PM
I saw a new grey RS4 at the Audi dealership in Cary. Sales guy backed it up to the showroom in front of me....sounded very good and very impressive styling. Gotta check out the front brakes...ridiculously huge (though back breaks at a glance looked like Audi overlooked them (very small)). Checked it out under the hood...engine is crammed in there (i.e. maintenance nightmare) and there is this little, flimsy carbon fiber look-alike piece covering 1/4 of the engine. Kinda chumpy engine cover IMHO. Smaller inside than the V. But oh well, its a bad a$$ car too. I remember testing an 05 S4 and that shifter was like butter. I think they were trying to sell the RS4 for $73K, so good going on the $65K.

Silver Dollar
01-04-07, 02:07 PM
Given what you've listed as improvements over a CTS-V, I don't see where paying an additional $25,000 for it makes sense.

But obviously you do. Good luck with it and I hope you achieve the satifaction you're seeking from your automotive purchase. Let us know how it works out.

heavypedal
01-04-07, 02:08 PM
Oh, and Kyle15, what area in NC are you from?

Silver Dollar
01-04-07, 02:09 PM
Gotta check out the front brakes...ridiculously huge (though back breaks at a glance looked like Audi overlooked them (very small)).......

The front brakes do most of the work so it makes some sense.

The Tony Show
01-04-07, 02:13 PM
I'd snatch those CAR mats if they're the ones with the V logo. If you're willing to sell them, send me a PM.

Thanks!

sy1172
01-04-07, 02:47 PM
Hey man, great choice. If I had the $65K to spend on a car I would also buy or at least seriously look at the RS4. I have had a number of Audis and my family drives them too. I had a '00 S4 and loved it, fast, and the interior is so nice. Dad drives a TT, mom an A2 (Europe). I also had a '99 A4 and an '03 A4...all nice and very mod friendly. Enjoy it. My dealer conveniently turned a blind eye to all mods :). Buy 12 cars there and you at least get a little repect.

I just bought my 05 V with 4K miles for a steal so it'll be a couple of years beofre I look again (maybe an RS4 at that time).

Best of luck!!!

Kadonny
01-04-07, 03:29 PM
Kyle, no worries. I had an 03 A6 and did not have a single problem with the car. 38,000 miles with a 2.7 turbo engine and a six speed. And yes, scheduled maintenance is included so the car was even cheap to run!

Good luck with the RS4. I want to get a ride in one, too bad I'm not close to you.

rand49er
01-04-07, 03:43 PM
Sounds like you're in an Audi family ... mine is a GM family.

Anyway, whether your experience is good, bad, or somewhere inbetween, post back here in a couple of months to let us know.

urbanski
01-04-07, 04:25 PM
classifieds