: Key in Recall Memory

mdressler
01-04-07, 09:57 AM
I have been trying to program the 'Key in Recall Memory' feature to allow the seat and mirrors to move once the key is placed in the ignition. It does not work. The only way to get the seat to move to the memory position is to use the key fob and set 'Remote Recall Memory'. I called the dealer and they stated the 'Key in Recall Memory' has been dectivated on all vehicles. Is there any way to reactive it?

I would like the seat to move after entering the car, not before.

Thanks.

TSS
01-04-07, 12:56 PM
What year? I am absolutely able to do that in feature programming in my 2006 (w/ NAV). My seat stays in the "exit" position until I put the key all the way in the ignition after I return to my vehicle.

Have you tried looking in the feature programming section of your manual? AFTER that, if you have no luck (and have the NAV), I will detail how I programmed it.

sgilbert
01-04-07, 01:07 PM
What year? I am absolutely able to do that in feature programming in my 2006 (w/ NAV). My seat stays in the "exit" position until I put the key all the way in the ignition after I return to my vehicle.

Have you tried looking in the feature programming section of your manual? AFTER that, if you have no luck (and have the NAV), I will detail how I programmed it.

Same here!:cool2:

mdressler
01-04-07, 01:25 PM
I have a new 2006 without nav. (picked it up last week) Dealer said it was deactived due to a lawsuit involving somone getting pushed up against the stearing wheel when they inserted the key.

I selected 'Key in Recall Memory' from the 'setup' screen on the DIC but it does nothing.

TSS
01-04-07, 01:32 PM
Sorry, but I have the NAV so I can't walk you through.

That story from your dealer may be true, but sounds fishy to me. That would be one heck of a recall since my wife's 2001 Seville does the same thing.

The Tony Show
01-04-07, 01:48 PM
It's unfortunately true. I don't believe the "lawsuit" story though- Many of our cutomers were confused by the wording of "key-in recall memory", as they took it to mean that the key told the car which driver was getting in. As we all know, the fob is what tells the car which position to go to, but if a customer thinks a feature isn't working properly, it's bad for percieved quality.

I've explained this hundreds of times in my years of selling Cadillacs. While I'm sad to see it go, I'm relieved I won't be getting any more phone calls about a customer setting the memory to "key-in", but it still doesn't change drivers when they change keys.

mdressler
01-04-07, 03:08 PM
Is there a way to re-activate it?

Smokin' SRX
01-04-07, 04:35 PM

I think this is right.....I have an '04 w/key recall memory and it works fine! But for some reason I get in, lock the doors w/power door switch, ( I don't like to wait for the gear selector to do it in "drive" ) then hit #2 on the arm-rest (my wife is #1 of course!) and my seat and pedals move! I never wait , as it takes me a few extra seconds to get my key in and I don't like hanging back in the "Egress" position! Guess I'm weird, but try the door memory switch! (1 or 2)
Press once, only for 1 second! A long hold (3-4 seconds) sets the memory to that position!! good luck!

The Tony Show
01-04-07, 06:15 PM

Sadly, no. I like the feature in my 2004 CTS-V, but my 2007 SRX doesn't have it (for reasons stated above). I can see why they did it, though: One less thing to confuse customers with. This way it's simple- Get in, press your button.

The solution to your problem is to de-activate the remote recall memory, then when you unlock the doors the seat will stay in the exit position. Once you're in, tap your memory button on the door and it'll move.

TSS
01-04-07, 07:40 PM
That's a good solution . I will have to remember that when I get my next cadillac (post 2006 model).

mdressler
01-05-07, 10:24 AM
I think you are corect in that disabling the remote recall and using the button on the armrest is the best solution.
If their intention was to cut down on cusotmer confusion as you stated, they should have removed the option from the screen when they disabled it. If it was not there, I would not be trying to use it.
Thanks for the help.

ryaus1
01-09-07, 09:53 PM
Key in Recall Memory works in my '05 SRX - HOWEVER it only works when you unlock the car first with the remote. Since I leave my car unlocked in the garage I got annoyed with that feature and have reverted the setting back to Remote Recall.

The Tony Show
01-12-07, 04:38 PM
I think you are corect in that disabling the remote recall and using the button on the armrest is the best solution.
If their intention was to cut down on cusotmer confusion as you stated, they should have removed the option from the screen when they disabled it. If it was not there, I would not be trying to use it.
Thanks for the help.

They did remove it. Previously, there were two choices: Remote Recall Memory and Key In Recall Memory.

Your only choice now is Remote Recall on or off.

Tookie64
02-11-14, 08:39 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I can't find any other discussion about the disabled key-in memory feature.

I just got a 2005 CTS and everything about the memory driver positions work like they are supposed to, but the Key In Recall Memory does not. I have Nav and do have the option to select it on the DCS. I have it check marked but it just doesn't do anything when I stick the key in. Basically it sounds like it was disabled. I just am unsure since The Tony Show said when the dealers disabled the key-in feature it also removed the option within the DCS.....but mine still has it. Any chance I could do some type of master reset or re-enable it? It's been six years since this thread was active so perhaps someone found a re-enabling work around?

Professor Wizard
02-12-14, 02:36 PM
I have seen this issue discussed before... and read the same response..

It used to be there... then Lawyers got involved... and like not being able to use your in-dash GPS while moving, they disabled that function to keep people from getting injured and suing GM.

Such is life.