: Did any 05s have HUD

zzzasy
01-04-07, 10:36 AM
I looked through the specs on the gm site and I did not see heads up display listed as an option, but its in the owner's manual. Did some 05s come with HUD?

zzzasy
05 STS

mnwild33
01-04-07, 11:02 AM
I have it on my 05 STS4

CAIFALC
01-04-07, 12:06 PM
I also have it on my 05 STS4

harryctsv
01-04-07, 01:41 PM
I looked through the specs on the gm site and I did not see heads up display listed as an option, but its in the owner's manual. Did some 05s come with HUD?

zzzasy
05 STS
Hi zzzasy,
it is available since the 05 STS came on market, it wasn`t available on the V6 model but on V8`s with Premium Luxury Performance Package. It also incl. Tuscani-leather, ACC, HUD and 18 inch wheels.

Hope I could help

Harry from Germany

zzzasy
01-04-07, 04:40 PM
thanks,

zzzasy

harryctsv
01-05-07, 11:34 AM
thanks,

zzzasy
No problem

Harry

Benjamin Simon
01-05-07, 09:35 PM
The heads up comes with the ACC. You get one, you get both. In order to tell if the STS has the ACC, you can the a special plate with the Cadillac crest printed on it. The plate has the radar in it.

ELROY
01-13-07, 03:19 AM
I have it on my 05 STS 4 too.

Elory

northlites
01-27-07, 06:29 PM
Did any of you folks
have a problem seeing the HUD while wearing polorized sunglasses?

Heavy_Metal
01-27-07, 08:28 PM
Did any of you folks
have a problem seeing the HUD while wearing polorized sunglasses?

I really like my Revo's or Maui Jim's but they don't work in my STS… I can't see the navigation screen or the HUD. This is to be expected because I can't see my cell phone or PDA screen with polarized glasses either. :cool:

Now that I have the HUD I can't live without it, so I got a pair of non-polarized sunglasses for the car. These days you can't get good sunglasses that are not polarized, so I got a pair of nonpolarized Oakley’s that I keep in the driver door map compartment. I also keep a pair of good sunglasses in the console for when I get out for a while on a nice day. This works well because I always have my driving sunglasses in the car when I need them. :cool2:

The HUD is especially nice for reading the street name for turns from the navigation system while looking for street signs. The HUD is also nice watching the tachometer while in manual shift mode. I think the HUD system is very well engineered in the STS.... unlike the bluetooth, voice recognition, and disabled controlls while driving over 5 mph . :helpless:

northlites
01-28-07, 08:59 PM
:cool: Thanks for your comments
Heavy Metal,

I don't have the option of the luxuries of choosing non-polarized
sunglasses.I wear prescription Easyclip and the sunglasses
they come with are all polarized. They're great for horsebackin'
through streams 'cause they cut the glare off the water, but they're
no hell for keeping an eye on the HUD.

:bonkers:

Level_Head
03-02-07, 08:08 PM
Note that you can have your polarized sunglasses made with the polarization at a different angle from standard. Look through your sunglasses with one eye while rotating the glasses: you'll see the display gradually appear, and be strongest at 90 degrees (i.e. glasses held sideways).

You'll need to compromise a bit to keep the glare down. I had a pair made with a 45 degree angle; works perfectly.

In theory, GM should have installed the polarizing filter at 90 degrees from its current angle. My STS had the projector for the HUD replaced under warranty, and I wonder if the lens cap can be rotated. Anyone know?

===|==============/ Level Head

Heavy_Metal
03-03-07, 02:19 PM
It seems to me that the polarization of the HUD would be determined by the angle of the reflection from the windshield, so this could not be changed without changing the position of the projector. Most of the glair due to the sun reflected from the windshield and other smooth surfaces is at this same angle, so the polarizations of your driving sunglasses needs to be approximately 90 deg to be effective in reducing glair. I have a pair of non-polarized sunglasses for driving... to me seeing the HUD and navigation display is more important than reducing the glair.

Curious George
03-07-07, 03:43 PM
Did any of you folks have a problem seeing the HUD while wearing polorized sunglasses?

YES! In fact the Owner's Manual warns of this difficulty (page 3-42). I had polarized clip-on shades. The HUD disappeared when I wore them. Then, one day, I rotated the clip-on 90 degrees and Presto! HUD! So I went to my optician and ordered new lenses for my clip-on with the polarization turned 90 degrees. Presto! HUD! :thumbsup:

And Presto! No DIC! :confused: It seems that the HUD and DIC are polarized oppositely (if that's a word). I have opened file # 71-490084611 at the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center suggesting the the DIC folks confer with the HUD folks and settle on a common polarization plane. Non-polarized driving shades are in my future.