: 2003 CTS - Good Used Car Buy

harrison512
01-04-07, 01:03 AM
I recently bought a 5-speed 2003 CTS with 49k miles on it. Luxury package. It took me months to research and narrow down what I wanted... a stickshift 6-cylinder sports sedan.

Though I've had a number of warranty/service issues, one month later, I still feel it's a very good used car buy - especially compared to other competing sports sedans like the Infiniti G35, BMW 3-series, Audi A4, etc... I also hunted for a CTS with a build date that incorporated the updated safety enhancements that improved its crash rating.

What I like about the CTS

Styling - very distinct
Handling/Ride - I think the CTS has a nicer balance between handling/luxury ride than the competition
Dash design - very futuristic and distinct
Size - very comfortable compared to the smaller European cars
Safety features
Great BOSE stereo
Wood interior trim

What I don't like, at this point

Trunk lid has no handle
Parking brake is old-fashioned pedal
No locking gas cap - I bought one
No pop-open fuel door
Rearview mirror murky
Fold-down rear seat wasn't standard
No iPod jack

So far, a real pleasure to drive. And it's a Cadillac!

Lord Cadillac
01-04-07, 09:33 AM
Great review. :) Thank you!

Benzilla
01-04-07, 07:23 PM
Yeah, nice review. You mentioned that you liked the wood interior trim, I can't remember, do the CTS's have real wood or plastic?

Adam
01-05-07, 12:37 AM
real wood, Ben.

Benzilla
01-05-07, 10:06 PM
Cool, thanks. I knew some of the newer Devilles had fake, so I wasn't sure about the CTS.

ImAShakiraholic
02-08-08, 04:19 PM
Yeah I just bought a 03 CTS on MLK day. Your review is perfect, I did the same thing. I almost bought a Crystler 300 then a G35 later I saw the CTS, test drove it and won my heart.