: Final Solution

Drift-caddy
01-03-07, 10:46 PM
OK, as most have seen we have been working on fixing the rearend braking on the ctsv. We have used the 04 diff and the 06 diff and have had 0 brake. Even at 5800rpm on a SC car on drag radials. Well, i have recieved 11pm about this and need to make some things clear.
The mods that we have done to the rear will void you warrenty... Plain and simple. The alxe we had were rated at 550rwhp. So far we broke one.So the more gooder axles are great for bolton cars and even a SC car but the more better axles wich is better then the more gooder axles will be for all the big dawgs. That was at 6200rpm. We are making stronger alxes, but dont see anyone braking them. SO in a few weeks we should have this package put together. The axles we will sell to anyone to have installed. The rear end upgrade will only be installed by us. Due to the work on the housing there maybe some noise transmitted back inside the car. So if you are complaing about the whine you have now, this mod is not for you. If you have headers and exhaust you will not hear it. Then again that is why you have a radio. Just alil update. Stay tuned..

DILLIGAF
01-03-07, 10:51 PM
Just waiting on a price and more details here.

BLACK_CTSV
01-03-07, 10:54 PM
OK, as most have seen we have been working on fixing the rearend braking on the ctsv. We have used the 04 diff and the 06 diff and have had 0 brake. Even at 5800rpm on a SC car on drag radials. Well, i have recieved 11pm about this and need to make some things clear.
The mods that we have done to the rear will void you warrenty... Plain and simple. The alxe we had were rated at 550rwhp. So far we broke one. That was at 6200rpm. We are making stronger alxes, but dont see anyone braking them. SO in a few weeks we should have this package put together. The axles we will sell to anyone to have installed. The rear end upgrade will only be installed by us. Due to the work on the housing there maybe some noise transmitted back inside the car. So if you are complaing about the whine you have now, this mod is not for you. If you have headers and exhaust you will not hear it. Then again that is why you have a radio. Just alil update. Stay tuned..

Thanks for the update! :cheers:

Hey - you guys are located on the east coast! I can't get my vehicle to you :thepan:

Any pics? :postpics:

Drift-caddy
01-03-07, 11:03 PM
Yes you can. I am not sure of the dates, but a long long time ago they made roads from the right coast to the left coast. If you do a search on Google or Mapquest it will show you.:yup: Also there are transport company or take some time off have your wife bring your car down and we can do the mod:sneaky:

Drift-caddy
01-03-07, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the update! :cheers:

Any pics? :postpics:

Here rough draft. lol
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k39/ProDan/rearnew2.jpg

BLACK_CTSV
01-03-07, 11:09 PM
Yes you can. I am not sure of the dates, but a long long time ago they made roads from the right coast to the left coast. If you do a search on Google or Mapquest it will show you.:yup: Also there are transport company or take some time off have your wife bring your car down and we can do the mod:sneaky:

Heh - always about the wife, with you :D

I just had this bitch [the car, not wife] shipped to me from MD! I might have to make the trip back east, I guess.

DILLIGAF
01-03-07, 11:32 PM
Still no details,will the

1.Corsa clear
2.Wheel offsets be the same
3.Cradle be modified
4.Drive shaft be 1 piece
5.Pumpkin be Aluminun
6.Will it be a rice piece
7.Questions be answered?

Drift-caddy
01-03-07, 11:35 PM
Still no details,will the

1.Corsa clear/Yes
2.Wheel offsets be the same/yes
3.Cradle be modified/yes. but will look factory.
4.Drive shaft be 1 piece/can use stock DS.
5.Pumpkin be Aluminun/Stock housing
6.Will it be a rice piece/:helpless:
7.Questions be answered?[/quote]

Look at the pic..

DILLIGAF
01-03-07, 11:43 PM
Ok,i've looked at the pic longer than I have looked under my own car from the rear.
I see the pumpkin bolted direct to the cradle.
I don't see the cradle bushings or lack of.
I can't tell if the exaust was modded.
I don't see whats eliminated the hop.
Drive shaft is?

Drift-caddy
01-03-07, 11:49 PM
Ok,i've looked at the pic longer than I have looked under my own car from the rear.
I see the pumpkin bolted direct to the cradle.
I don't see the cradle bushings or lack of.
I can't tell if the exaust was modded.
I don't see whats eliminated the hop.
Drive shaft is?
Ok, sorry. The pic you are looking at is the one with the mods/ The driveshaft is stock. The Alxes are built. Look at the botton of the rear and you will see the back bar going to the cradle. look at the diff and you will see the welded parts. I know it kinda hard to see. I want to make sure this works and there is no problem before i give to many details aways.

Drift-caddy
01-03-07, 11:53 PM
Here is another pic.
look at the case.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k39/ProDan/ctsvshock1-1.jpg

ctsvett
01-04-07, 01:44 AM
Screw the aussies.. I will buy american (when my diff blows again)!

I need to work out this left coast right coast thing though.... Despite these plentiful roads, how about a core change?

You send me the upgrade, and I send you my old one back?

E-mail me the detials for the FAQ....

Reed

heavymetals
01-04-07, 02:09 AM
Why not an arrangement with a local guy out here.

I hear JPA does pretty good work.:rolleyes:

stkshkr
01-04-07, 03:52 AM
Not to rain on the parade....BUT

Will there be any warranty on the axles or diff? Call me skeptical, but 5 or 10 passes doesn't seem like sufficient testing to me. You know these guys are going to buy them and expect to do 6000 RPM clutch dumps on street tires with no hop and breakage...that's a mighty tall order! Drag radials remove a lot of hop on thier own. I have none at the strip but still get some on the street with street tires (with the KARS stage 3). I'm pretty sure I could have done a few 6000RPM dumps with the stock rear, but I was aware of the risk and the chance of damage so I choose not to do it. Put a couple of hundred launches on them, if they hold up to one season at the strip you've got a real winner and I'll be the 1st to buy.

Drift-caddy
01-04-07, 06:43 AM
Hey skeptical, thanks for you input. Maybe you have not seen in the past. This is not or first track day on this rear or axle. over 200 passes, Well see you next year. I see the KarIII worked for you. Also as stated i will need a few weeks to get this package together. Still waiting on the new axles to come in. Then its back to testing. Will there be any warranty on the axles or diff, still have to work that out. As for now yes on the axle the diff i am not sure about it. The main purpose of this Post was to help answer all the PMs i was getting. So stay tuned and ill see you next year.

stkshkr
01-04-07, 01:10 PM
I hope you didn't take my post wrong, but I think you did. I commend you on trying to fix a problem on our cars and I think you are doing a great job. If memory serves me you only discussed 2 track days and had breakage on the second one (fifth or sixth pass). That seemed a little premature to me to announce a "final solution". Putting a warranty on the axles is the solution to any doubts I had, and shows your confidence in your product. Well done and thanks. Let us know the price ASAP.
BTW the 200 passes was just meant to suggest more testing for endurance and could be done in your driveway...LOL

The Tony Show
01-04-07, 01:23 PM
Nice work!

By the way, the title of this thread had me wondering what the hell I was going to find inside. Obviously, this is much better than a few of the things that popped to mind. :suspect:

Drift-caddy
01-04-07, 07:16 PM
I hope you didn't take my post wrong, but I think you did. I commend you on trying to fix a problem on our cars and I think you are doing a great job. If memory serves me you only discussed 2 track days and had breakage on the second one (fifth or sixth pass). That seemed a little premature to me to announce a "final solution". Putting a warranty on the axles is the solution to any doubts I had, and shows your confidence in your product. Well done and thanks. Let us know the price ASAP.
BTW the 200 passes was just meant to suggest more testing for endurance and could be done in your driveway...LOL

No its cool. I understand what you are saying. I am not going to sell anything till i am 100% sure this is going to work. Same with the shocks from Peneske. Once they are correct then we will have them. Close is to far for me. I dont want to sell something just so someone can complain or find a problem later on that i over looked trying to rush to sell something. In the same time 5500-6k is a huge shock on the parts. I mean 2500 is not very hard on theses parts. That is why we tested up there, to find what breaks. And we have. I would like to thank you for you intrest and feedback and that is what i want. I guess i was getting to many PM about this and wanted to clear some things up. So in the mean time stay tuned and i will show more as it becomes about. remember when someone else put a rear in a V and we have yet to see or hear prices or what the car runs in the 1/4. I dont want the same thing. I dont want to have it done and never be correct. The axles will be ready soon. 3-4 weeks. I am 100% sure this will hold most cars. Heck if you want a 9ince rear or Supra rear that can be done, but price is almost 7k. This will take about 6-8 weeks on time to build. This mod we are doing we are trying to keep it cheaper then that. I would love to make it a bolt-on, but i dont see how. We have tested about 8 rear ends to find out what brakes. We have xrays and tested the rears, and we see how and why it brakes. So we tried to fix it and have yet to see a problem. The axles are the same way. Then again if you dont break then you are not making enough power...

Tags63
01-04-07, 07:36 PM
DriftCaddy:

Hey!! It all sounds great!! I'm waiting patiently while you finish all your testing. I'll be the 1st one on line for your setup. I also sent you a PM today about your other services. I'm not too far from you and was considering Cartek to do the other work but I'd rather go 1 stop shopping. Drop me a line when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Drift-caddy
01-04-07, 07:41 PM
Paul you got AIM??

keeksv
01-04-07, 07:50 PM
Not to rain on the parade....BUT

Call me skeptical, but 5 or 10 passes doesn't seem like sufficient testing to me. I'm pretty sure I could have done a few 6000RPM dumps with the stock rear, but I was aware of the risk and the chance of damage so I choose not to do it. .

Well, we did it (clutch dumps), and it wasn't the rear that broke. It was an axle that was rated for 550hp on a 4300lb car. So, that is the weak point...not the center section. Hell, put 1khp axles on there; easy fix. There is no hop with street tires either--extensive testing :yup:. We did five passes, sure, but all were around the 12 sec mark, and one was in the 11s.

CIWS
01-04-07, 07:52 PM
Nice work!

By the way, the title of this thread had me wondering what the hell I was going to find inside. Obviously, this is much better than a few of the things that popped to mind. :suspect:

You thought we were going to just Nuke Iraq and the Middle East, didn't you... :D

Drift-caddy
01-04-07, 08:03 PM
Well, we did it (clutch dumps), and it wasn't the rear that broke. It was an axle that was rated for 550hp on a 4300lb car. So, that is the weak point...not the center section. Hell, put 1khp axles on there; easy fix. There is no hop with street tires either--extensive testing :yup:. We did five passes, sure, but all were around the 12 sec mark, and one was in the 11s. .

Hey DOC, please read..
1st run 4800rpm, 12.46@114mph 60/2.06
2nd 5000rpm 12.29@114mph 60/1.75
3rd 5300rpm 12.09@113mph 60/1.70
4th 5500rpm 11.99@117mph 60 1.80
5th 5900 rpm 11.91@115mph 60/1.68

That is 2 in the 11s. :cookoo: ty. Just to clear some things up. Clutch was side step at 4800rpm and when it broke at 6k. The rest it was slipped alil.

svassh
01-04-07, 08:07 PM
Woo hoo the gloves are off!

GT04CTS-V
01-04-07, 08:16 PM
Hey Jackass, please read..
1st run 4800rpm, 12.46@114mph 60/2.06
2nd 5000rpm 12.29@114mph 60/1.75
3rd 5300rpm 12.09@113mph 60/1.70
4th 5500rpm 11.99@117mph 60 1.80
5th 5900 rpm 11.91@115mph 60/1.68

That is 2 in the 11s. :cookoo: ty. Just to clear some things up. Clutch was side step at 4800rpm and when it broke at 6k. The rest it was slipped alil.

Hey D,

It was keeksv's car - right - and you are now calling him a Jackass - nice!

GT

keeksv
01-04-07, 08:25 PM
Well, I am a jackass, but that is off topic. He's just mad because I flogged his loaner car LOL

Drift-caddy
01-04-07, 08:43 PM
That was Jamie. Kind a inside Joke. KeeksV know he is cool with us. When you get a nickname from us its good thing.

keeksv
01-04-07, 09:03 PM
Um...can I have a different nickname?

Drift-caddy
01-04-07, 09:05 PM
Yea, but i cant say it on here. :D

Tags63
01-05-07, 11:02 AM
Damian:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!!! I will look forward to your info.....

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: