: Antenna lead-in question

Timothy60
01-03-07, 08:59 PM
Hello,
I need a wire that goes from the radio receiver to the antenna on my 93 Fleetwood. It has the GM "mini-barb" on the radio end and a knurled screw-in female connection at the antenna mast. This is a stock radio and antenna. I'm having a very difficult time finding this wire! Is this type of connection exclusive to the 93's or is it common to the 93-96 Fleetwoods? Any suggestions on where to buy this wire? I miss my radio.
Thanks,
Tim
Syracuse, NY

zugy
01-03-07, 11:21 PM
Hey I went through the same thing. I had the radio repaired $300.00 then the new OEM from dealer antenna. No fitty...:rant2: A guy at a auto stereo place did some questionable adaption that looked like hell but it works!!

I'd be very interested too in hearing from someone that has an adapter for this OEM replacemnet antenna.

caddycruiser
01-03-07, 11:27 PM
Any adapter here that would work?

http://www.installer.com/antenna/

Red_October_7000
01-04-07, 01:01 AM
Dopey question time, not being intimately familliar with the 93 antenna; why not get a whole new mast with its own wire? Antennae are like $9 at auto parts shops. Heck, power antennae are $40.

Timothy60
01-04-07, 11:23 AM
I checked that www.install.com site and ordered a wire but I just have a gut feeling that the connection for the antenna will not be right. Perhaps this will be a case of fabricating a wire from Radio Shack odds 'n ends. A technician from a large auto sound system shop nearby said he had NEVER even seen a connection like the one in the 93 Fleetwood!

zugy
01-07-07, 01:38 PM
More info ...

I bought the replacement from Cadillac. It didn't connect right. The instruction stated that an adapter # bla bla bla may be needed. I looked it up with the parts guys at cadillac and they could not find the part. The chevy dealer found the part and part but it didn't even look close to anything that would work! Dead ends. That is how I ended up at the stereo store and had them rig up an ugly make shift connection.

I'll try and post a photo soon.