Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  danbuc 
#1 ·
What gives the late model Eldorado ETC's motor 300hp while the ESC has 275hp?

#3 ·
i see...so what would be the reasoning behind switching the cam on the two models? i dont think there is any price difference between the two cams. I do know there is a weight difference in the two cars, did this have anything to do with the power assignment difference? Will an ETC out accelerate an ESC of the same year even though it has 25 more hp but weighs (i believe) 400 or so pounds more?

#5 ·
If you are asking if YOU can swap cams, the answer is no. The two cars also use different final drive ratios in conjuntion with the different engines. Likewise different PCMs.

Theoreticaly in a race the ESC (more low end torque) would lead off the line. Later, as the ETCs higher HP kicked in, it would pull ahead.

#10 ·
The official Cadillac literature says:

ETC 0-60 7.1 seconds
Eldo (ESC) 0-60 7.4 seconds

The weight is 3856 lbs ETC vs 3825 lbs base Eldo

I think the difference may be attributed to suspension components (Continuously Variable Road Sensing Suspension, Stabilitrak) and possibly the memory kit, rainsense wipers, etc.

Performance-wise, I opine that highway speeds are where it's at. The ETC stands for touring which would coincide with its more responsive performance at 70-80 MPH and higher.

At those speeds the engine works at higher RPMs, closer to the power band upon WOT.

#12 ·
When I pointed out the difference was the CVRSS and Stabilitrak, I was referring to the 29 lb. discrepancy between the weight of both cars.

Hey danbuc, could you please chime-in on my "knock" post? I have some more clues, hopefully. Also have some warranty concerns, that you may have experience with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.