: Well.. Another diff bites the dust...

kanned
01-03-07, 06:04 PM
Took my 06 V in [8600 miles] for an oil change and state inspection... Turns out it needs a new water pump... and... [drum roll] a new rear diff....

Lucikly I live about 4 miles from Lindsay and James... So the car is in good hands...

Might be time to get that STS-V.... ::yup:

BLACK_CTSV
01-03-07, 06:05 PM
What was the reason for replacing the diff - whining?

CVP33
01-03-07, 06:42 PM
You abusive driver you! :histeric:

ewill3rd
01-03-07, 08:14 PM
I am actually working on that car right now.
We noticed a pretty bad fluid leak from the pinion seal on the front of the differential. I took it for a road test and confirmed that there is whine from the rear end. Rather than take a chance we are replacing the whole unit.
The diff is actually out on the floor but we can't get the new one down from upstairs until the morning. We should be done with it tomorrow.
The water pump was installed this morning and everything came out just fine.
We just had to wait overnight for the part but the diff we have in stock.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I wanted to handle this differential problem for you while it's in the shop. Don't want you to get stranded somewhere!

I'll have Cindy let you know when it's ready for you to pick up.

I have to work on Homer's car too.

DILLIGAF
01-03-07, 08:22 PM
You guys rock!My dealer is just ok compared to you guys.I have a broke mount under my car somewhere,my tranny is moving around enough to pop the plastic and boot out of place at the stock.I think i'll be looking at it first.

homer403
01-03-07, 10:28 PM
Bill,

Please take care of my baby :thumbsup: . Gotta love Lindsay.

Homer

ctsvett
01-04-07, 12:39 AM
Please take care of my baby

Is there any question that they will? Holy crap, you know Lindsay rocks...

I cant get my dealer to return my phone call let alone post the full status on my car here...

Anyone who is familiar with cloning human beings, please begin work with Lindsay (ewill and James).

Reed

Wife_took_my_Cadi
01-04-07, 01:37 AM
Is there any question that they will? Holy crap, you know Lindsay rocks...

I cant get my dealer to return my phone call let alone post the full status on my car here...

Anyone who is familiar with cloning human beings, please begin work with Lindsay (ewill and James).

Reed

AMEN! mine wont even leave an after hours key drop box for people that actually work more than 8 hours in a day?

rand49er
01-04-07, 06:17 AM
... post the full status on my car here...I like my dealer, but this ... well ... :worship: .

Kadonny
01-04-07, 07:12 AM
They do rock hard. So hard.

ewill3rd
01-04-07, 07:22 AM
Kanned, I am having parts pull the diff from upstairs right now.
As soon as we get all our paperwork straightened out and my helper punches in we'll get started putting her back together.

Homer, I have yours inside, I just need to look it over.
It may take some time to pinpoint that noise.
You notice it when you stop right? I heard that creaking when you put the brakes on at low speed.
I used our headlight aimer to aim those light within the specs required by the state but I'll see if I can take them to the upper limit today.
If Gene is not here today I'll take a look at the alignment too probably.
I assume Good Year got the tires flipped and rebalanced okay?

Thanks for all the kind words guys.
It sure is nice to feel appreciated :D

rand49er
01-04-07, 08:11 AM
:food-snacking:

Chef
01-04-07, 09:38 AM
We need you guys here!:thumbsup: C'mon the weathers great! Summers are a "dry heat":bigroll: and there's no natural disasters just a few monsoons here and there:stirpot:

You can all stay here while you look for a house:bouncy:
www.wildhorsepassresort.com (http://www.wildhorsepassresort.com)

Golfer? Hundreds of courses! Driver? Best in the country racing schools! Tech schools? Some of the best! Food?ahhhh---that alone should make you relocate!:worship:

kanned
01-04-07, 07:18 PM
Thanks for everything... Picked up the car today and it's running great.

Again, Lindsay is the best.. I'm sorry I got the car from Moore.. I know I'll be buying my next car from Lindsay..

Thanks again!

ewill3rd
01-04-07, 07:52 PM
Kanned,

Glad you are happy with it. We had a busy day today, I hope you didn't have to wait too long for the paperwork.
We had a guy drive down from PA to have us work on his car.

Me and my helpers are running ragged this week, lots to do and 4 V's in the shop! We only have 2 left so hopefully tomorrow we'll make some more progress.

Homer, we'll be concentrating on your car tomorrow, I hope to have some reall progress made by the end of the day.

joshdctsv
01-06-07, 09:01 PM
Since we can't all be blessed enough to have Lindsay-esque service departments....

My 05 V is now over 40k miles. When/if I have diff problems, I'd hope to have them identified before my warrenty expires. I don't trust my dealer to find a problem unless I point them to it.

ewill3rd, is there a "standard" service request I should make of my dealer that in the process of doing they would fully test my trans, diff, bushings, and the other usual suspects for possible warrenty work? If so, what type of fee would be typical for such a check up?

ewill3rd
01-07-07, 08:19 AM
There are no menu type services to identify possible concerns from the rear end.
You can just tell them what you want them to look at and ask them how much they would charge you.
If they find a failure that is a covered item, it should be free.
Otherwise they might charge you half an hour or an hour if they find nothing wrong.
You could always tell them you hear a clunk or whine from the rear or tell them you saw a spot on your driveway under the back of the car and you want it looked at.