: Buddy's rear takes a dump

Seattle CTS-V
01-03-07, 02:22 PM
I was in LA this wknd for the Rose Bowl (my Wolverines let me down yet again) talking to my friend who has the basic automatic CTS with the 2.xL motor. He was on his way to Vegas with his parents for X-mas and about 80 miles out the car was making voilent rear end noises and wouldn't go over 30mph. He had to get towed to Vegas and had to stay there an extra day to get the rear diff replaced. Happy Holidays GM!!! Bastards.

BLACK_CTSV
01-03-07, 02:40 PM
Too much torque? :hmm:

BowenCT
01-03-07, 03:40 PM
Too much torque? :hmm:

Must be all that abusive driving.

GOTTSPD
01-03-07, 04:29 PM
The title of this thread sounds like the title of a movie I'd never want to see...

:cookoo: :canttalk: :tisk: :thehand:

Seattle CTS-V
01-03-07, 05:00 PM
The title of this thread sounds like the title of a movie I'd never want to see...

:cookoo: :canttalk: :tisk: :thehand:

I should have titled it 'Buddy's rear AND University of Michigan take a dump'

lawfive
01-03-07, 05:18 PM
"Buddy's Rear Takes A Dump"

Starring:

Wildwhl as Buddy, the Hopeful Frat Pledge Boy

F l o r i a n, as King of the Hazers

Urbanski, as Dean "I give up, I just can't shift" STS

onebadcad
01-03-07, 05:45 PM
He should have made a video of the road trip and posted it on streetfire.net...

CIWS
01-03-07, 05:55 PM
Well obviously your friend has modified his CTS adding HP beyond the point that the car was designed for AND like others have said must be abusing his car while driving it. PLUS the only reason this kind of failure would occur is because he's reving the engine in neutral and then drop shifting the automatic for quick line starts when he takes the 2.8 ltr down to the track to run against top fuel cars. I mean what other possible reason(s) could there be ?

;)

Silver Dollar
01-03-07, 06:01 PM
Well obviously your friend has modified his CTS adding HP beyond the point that the car was designed for .....

He didn't add lambo doors, did he?

austin
01-03-07, 06:23 PM
Acording to my local dealerships... This must be west coast problem.... As not one east coast dealership here in MA will admit they had ever replaced a cts-v differential.... Not including NY, NJ, as that's a differental story!! :gasp:

heavy footed
01-03-07, 06:45 PM
I don't know about the V series ,but on my automatic cts there is a rev limiter applied when stepping on the gas in neutral. I can't possibly pop it into first for better starts.

CIWS
01-03-07, 06:57 PM
I don't know about the V series ,but on my automatic cts there is a rev limiter applied when stepping on the gas in neutral. I can't possibly pop it into first for better starts.

Oh I can with the automatic in my V. But then I don't have the 2.8

Florian
01-03-07, 07:42 PM

Starring:

Yikes WW, you mean I gotta pee on you in the shower?

F

wildwhl
01-03-07, 09:03 PM
F -

Naw, we'll let CVP33 take care of that part. He can be my stunt double.

WW

lawfive
01-03-07, 11:31 PM

Starring:

... And CVP33 as Chris Van Merkrysler, Caddy pee target extrodinaire

wildwhl
01-04-07, 01:46 AM
:histeric:

Slapshot
01-04-07, 12:33 PM
Oh I can with the automatic in my V. But then I don't have the 2.8

You've got an Automatic in your "V"? That must have been an expensive modification... What Trans. did you go for to handle the power of the "V" engine?

Silver Dollar
01-04-07, 01:51 PM
CIWS put a turbo 400 in it with a 3,600 rpm stall.

He shatteres a rear end about every third launch but he's rich and single and can afford the replacement parts.

The Tony Show
01-04-07, 02:38 PM
He didn't add lambo doors, did he?

You're just hatin', G. You V guys are all such jerks. I make more money than all of you, and also own a Lamborgeeny Mursealigo.

[/sarcasm]

:devil:

HiTechRV
01-04-07, 09:35 PM
Lol.

Silver Dollar
01-04-07, 11:36 PM
LOL!

LAMBO DOORS!!!!

wildwhl
01-05-07, 12:42 AM
I wonder if S.D. could add Lambo doors to urby in his sig?

WW

blackonblackonblack
01-05-07, 03:00 AM
I've been going to the Rosebowl for about 4 years straight now. It is the most amazing Bowl to attend. I feel bad for your Wolverines (as a Michigan native) but USC is AMAZING (-the UCLA loss). I still hope you enjoyed your visit.