: Fuel pump kill switch and remote start......

FISH
01-02-07, 11:58 PM
So I wrecked my 2001 Deville about 2 weeks ago and decided to go the safer route with an Escalade. I purchased a 2004 Loaded AWD Black Escalade (sorry only had it a couple days no pics yet guys).

Anyway I have read through 73 pages of posts (omg lots of reading LOL) and I now know that my new caddy is the #1 stolen in the US?? wow. I want to put in a fuel pump kill switch but I am also installing a remote start, viper 5900.

There must be a way I can interrupt the power going to the fuel pump but have it switch back on with the remote start. Anyone have any idea how this could be accomplished? Thanks in advance

Fish
Colorado Springs

jrs05caddyext
01-03-07, 02:02 AM
http://www.mobilistics.com/

MattC04
01-03-07, 08:30 AM
My dealership said not to do this: it would void the warranty (if you have one). He said that this has been causing some issues.

Foxriverkid
01-03-07, 08:34 AM
Don't get too hung up on the brand of remote starter. More importantly find a manufacturer that makes a compatible remote starter and immobilizer. Compatibility is the key. You want to be able to activate the remote starter and have the engine start, right? I'm trying to find a set up that uses only one keyring dangler. That may not exist.

EXTadic
01-03-07, 12:48 PM
So I wrecked my 2001 Deville about 2 weeks ago and decided to go the safer route with an Escalade. I purchased a 2004 Loaded AWD Black Escalade (sorry only had it a couple days no pics yet guys).

Anyway I have read through 73 pages of posts (omg lots of reading LOL) and I now know that my new caddy is the #1 stolen in the US?? wow. I want to put in a fuel pump kill switch but I am also installing a remote start, viper 5900.

There must be a way I can interrupt the power going to the fuel pump but have it switch back on with the remote start. Anyone have any idea how this could be accomplished? Thanks in advance

Fish
Colorado Springs

IMO the best way to cut power to the fuel pump is to cut power to the switch inside the fuel pump relay. It's the safest way of doing this because it's the leaset amount of amperage to controll. You never want to put a switch inline with the primary power feed to the pump without a relay. As the load would overpower most mini switches. I have had mine for almost a year and it's been fine.

yourgmsolutions
01-03-07, 01:04 PM
Like EXTadic said earlier Relay is the safest way to go.
make sure you fuse all your power sourses to relay
also you can purchase wireless FOB from DEI that will automaticly engage or disengage your relay
here is simple diagramm

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/gm-geek/005.jpg

Foxriverkid
01-03-07, 05:44 PM
That's not solving the problem. If you use a switch to disable then you cannot remote start. This, true, is an easy way but it defeats the remote start unless you you don't use the switch. Then it does absolutely nothing.

EXTadic
01-03-07, 06:52 PM
That's not solving the problem. If you use a switch to disable then you cannot remote start. This, true, is an easy way but it defeats the remote start unless you you don't use the switch. Then it does absolutely nothing.

I'm sure this relay method can be connected as a function of one of your remote buttonsl Like some people wire in a trunk pop feature. In your case, you should wire it so it opens and closes a relay to your fuel pump.

yourgmsolutions
01-03-07, 10:44 PM

it's very simple. if you are going to use alam/remote start with this. you connect ground when armed wire from alarm to this relay, so when you want to remote start it, alarm will deactivate relay. diagramm that I posted was just an idea if you want to have this feature as stand alone system.
thre are many options available with relays/remote start/alarm

Foxriverkid
01-04-07, 09:49 AM
it's very simple. if you are going to use alam/remote start with this. you connect ground when armed wire from alarm to this relay, so when you want to remote start it, alarm will deactivate relay. diagramm that I posted was just an idea if you want to have this feature as stand alone system.
thre are many options available with relays/remote start/alarm

It all sounds very simple until you talk to an engineer who says it cannot be done. I spoke to an engineer at Code Alarm about doing this and he says it absolutely will not work.

hornyjuan
01-04-07, 12:59 PM
Get a handsfree Powerlock unit that integrates into your remote start alarm. The powerlock is a device that latches on to your starter. The only way to start your car is to remote start the vehicle unless of course you manually disable the powerlock unit either through the transponder key fob or ripping the module out of the starter. The powerlock transponder senses when you're in the vincinty of the vechicle and allows you to press the button to remote start your car. If you try manually starting your car it will not start.

pootie
01-04-07, 05:40 PM
Don't know about other companies, but Viper has a ground output, during remote start. I use this to bypass kill switches so that the car can still be remote started.

gonad
04-15-07, 11:08 PM
Get a handsfree Powerlock unit that integrates into your remote start alarm. The powerlock is a device that latches on to your starter. The only way to start your car is to remote start the vehicle unless of course you manually disable the powerlock unit either through the transponder key fob or ripping the module out of the starter. The powerlock transponder senses when you're in the vincinty of the vechicle and allows you to press the button to remote start your car. If you try manually starting your car it will not start.

My "PowerLock" prevented my Escalade from being stolen last week. They took the stereo but couldn't drive away. I installed a PowerLock after my Escalade was stolen last year. They tried everything to get it started. The ignition wires etc. were tampered with.