: Buying an '05-maybe

billjesnen
01-02-07, 10:33 PM
I had previously posted that I was going to buy an 06 precertified used or lease an 07 with a high mileage lease. The lease pricing for my mileage was too $$$ ( I drive about 22K per year in the DC area). I think I am going to purchase either one of 3 brand new 05 SRXs that are v6 RWD that run between $28K to $29K that I saw in the midwest while visiting my mom over the weekend, or a certified pre-owned (factory car) 05 with 2500 miles on it for $31.5K in the same general area. the CPO is a V8, AWD sunroof model, with more stuff. I don't need stuff, but I suppose the resale value may be better on a AWD model with a roof.

I am giving my local dealer one last call, but it looks like I will be heading back to the midwest in the near future, and driving home a SRX. I just hope my Seville doesn't get jealous.

Boombotz
01-02-07, 10:36 PM
My parents just bought a certified preowned 06 SRX with low miles for $32,000.

billjesnen
01-02-07, 11:33 PM
I can get a CPO 06 from my dealer for $29K, but it is kind of plane jane, and it has 15K miles on it. I am really hoping to get one with less than 5K miles on it. Your parents sound like they got a nice deal.

afg350ci
01-03-07, 11:10 AM
I can get a CPO 06 from my dealer for $29K, but it is kind of plane jane, and it has 15K miles on it. I am really hoping to get one with less than 5K miles on it. Your parents sound like they got a nice deal.

If you can find an '06 with low miles, you might be happier. The '06 had several upgrades that were a direct response to customer complaints. For instance, the '06 has shorter door sills than did the '04 and '05 models. Many customers were complaining of dirtying their pants when their legs rubbed against the wider sills. I can personally attest to that. Also, the '06 came with the power liftgate. Not a necessity, but a nice feature to have when its raining and you've got stuff in your hands. Since you're willing to search outside of DC, I'm sure you can find plenty of SRX's online that will meet your needs.

robhersch
01-03-07, 02:10 PM
Suggest that you check all available history before buying used - especially if AWD; I still believe drive trains with AWD, wide tires, and concrete roads predict additional wear and higher maintenance issues.
Also suggest buying from a Cad dealer and only with a GM certified extended warranty!! Does CPO provide "extended or merely base warranty"?
FYI- My 2005 N*V8 RWD has been everything I expected (even with "old interior design", wide door sills and manual lift gate).
ps-to boomer: why photos of Escalades to describe parents SRX??

a022mil
01-10-07, 05:10 PM
I bought a 05 v8 stickered at a little over 54000 for 38200 back in june of 2006, it had 6000 miles on it, have put on 12000 miles, love the v8 over the v6, no comparison if you need to pass, probably no more than 2 mpg difference in gas mileage.

BarryH_GEG
01-11-07, 01:32 AM
I think I am going to purchase either one of 3 brand new 05 SRXs that are v6 RWD that run between $28K to $29K that I saw in the midwest while visiting my mom over the weekend...

My dealer has a new '06 V6 RWD for $27K. I've bought two cars from them and they're great to deal with. If you're interested, let me know and I'll PM you the contact info.

billjesnen
01-12-07, 11:08 PM
My dealer has a new '06 V6 RWD for $27K. I've bought two cars from them and they're great to deal with. If you're interested, let me know and I'll PM you the contact info.
I would be interested. Still have not pulled the trigger, due more to being inundated at work. I cannot PM as I don't have enough posts, but would gladly follow thru on a lead at this point. Thanks!!!!

c5 rv
01-13-07, 09:22 AM
If you're going to be driving 22K a year, a CPO is probably the best way to go. If you find a 1-2 year old CPO for $28K you're probably looking at a payment of $500 - $550 a month on a 5 year note (depending if the dealer has 2.99% GMAC financing or your get 5.99% at the credit unit). Plus, at 22K miles a year, you'll have over 3 years of warranty assuming the vehicle has under 30K miles on it. I assume that with a 5 year note, on a late-model CPO, you could probably avoid being upside down so you could sell the vehicle anytime without penalty.

If you lease new and have the lease end at about 50K to stay within warranty, you're probably looking at a 27 month least at about $700 a month or more.

BarryH_GEG
01-14-07, 05:17 PM
I would be interested. Still have not pulled the trigger, due more to being inundated at work. I cannot PM as I don't have enough posts, but would gladly follow thru on a lead at this point. Thanks!!!!

Here's the GMBuyPower link. http://www.gmbuypower.com/ws/nvlWindowSticker.vs?make=ca&makeDescrip=Cadillac&style=Standard%201SA&zip=99201&makeId=006&vehicleModel=/images/gmbp/12006/vehicle/2006/med/2006194.gif&year=2006&sellingSource=12&subModel=V6&subModelId=194&BAC=131077.0&modelId=055&pvc=530&mmc=6EB26&brand=SRX%20CROSSOVER&model=SRX%20CROSSOVER&type=&typeDescrip=&optionCode=&preferredOptions=&preferredColor=&style=Standard%201SA&styleDescrip=Standard%201SA&styleId=Standard%201SA&dealerName=DAVE%20SMITH%20MOTORS&dealerURL=&dealerStreet=210%20N%20DIVISION%20ST&dealerCity=KELLOGG&dealerRegionCode=ID&dealerPostalcode=83837-2306&dealerBpManagerName=Eric%20A.%20Smith&dealerBpPhone=(800)%20635-8000&nameplateids=006^&partnerID=900001&userType=&regionid=10&regionId=10&searchType=4&VIN=1GYEE637X60155452&iPi=5&fPi=5

Ask for Norm. The car's $27,365. You can tell him that Barry referred you.

billjesnen
01-14-07, 07:49 PM
Barry, thanks so much!!! Just checked it out, and unfortunately he's located in Idaho. While I have a close friend in Boise, it would be a bit too far for me to drive the car back to make it worthwhile. That is one heck of a deal for an Ultraview equipped SRX though.
Bill

billjesnen
01-19-07, 09:41 PM
Just a final update and a thank you to all who helped me in my decsion process. I ended up with a new '06 V8 AWD with lots of junk I didn't need, but it was the one they wanted to sell, and made me an offer that I could not refuse... well, after I refused a few times and was walking away from the front door. Now all I need is a five hour tutorial on the nav system, and some way to turn down how bright the darn screen is! Again, thanks to all who helped me out.
Bill

TSS
01-20-07, 12:58 PM
To adjust NAV Screen Brightness:

1. Push the little button above the radio volume button once (it has a little musical note on it and it gets you in to all Feature functions: ie tire pressure etc)

2. Once you push that, there is then a touch screen button for "Screen Adjust". Hit it and you get all kinds of brightness adjust options!!!!!

Todd

billjesnen
01-20-07, 01:09 PM
Thanks Todd!

TSS
01-21-07, 08:26 AM
No problem. You will get familiar with the system quicker than you think. I made a cheat sheet for the Nav and all the various voice commands. I kept it in my sun visor and referred to it as needed. After about a month I never had to refer to it again. Get to know how to use the voice commands. Very cool.

billjesnen
01-21-07, 09:23 AM
Todd, voice commands are on my "list" of to do learning items. I actually read the manuals (whew) but still need to do what you suggested by creating a cheat sheet. I miss being able to just hit a button on my dash to reset the trip odometer, and push a different button to see all the various info items such as average fuel economy. The data is there on the nav system, just kind of buried and not the best to be doing while driving, or even sitting at a stop light.

I must admit, despite the fact that I really enjoyed my '02 Seville, and wanted to keep it as opposed to replacing it, the SRX is very sweet. And I am very glad I decided to get the V8. From your signature, you know both cars, and they are very different.

Now if only I could get my employees to follow voice commands <g>

TSS
01-22-07, 08:21 AM
From your signature, you know both cars, and they are very different.

Now if only I could get my employees to follow voice commands <g>

Our '01 SLS is still a phenomenal car. I am really upset that it will be going out of CPO warrantee in July. I really don't want to get rid of it, but fear costs of future repairs. So far, it has been great, but any 6 year old car will start to have some costly gremlins.

As to your employees following voice commands, let me know if you figure out a way to do that!

GMJim
01-25-07, 07:09 PM
Thanks for buying American. Have fun!