: anybody watch TLC Rides yesterday?

LacSeville
03-10-04, 04:43 PM
they were putting a N* in a 33 Ford Sedan. It has a supercharger on it, and looks completely cool, compared to the normal blue oval or mouse motor. I started watching about half way, and didn't catch what kind of supercharger they were using. The way they installed the injectors was kinda trick (clean looking) Supposed to make 450 hp. Anyone catch that, and are they ever going to finish it?

Mad'lac
03-10-04, 05:10 PM
When the show ended they weren't finish with it. It's nice to see a streetrod with a diff. set-up for an engine.

dloch
03-11-04, 10:24 AM
they were putting a N* in a 33 Ford Sedan. It has a supercharger on it, and looks completely cool, compared to the normal blue oval or mouse motor. I started watching about half way, and didn't catch what kind of supercharger they were using. The way they installed the injectors was kinda trick (clean looking) Supposed to make 450 hp. Anyone catch that, and are they ever going to finish it?
I believe the supercharger was a magna http://www.magnacharger.com. They were certainly going through alot of motions getting the Northstar into that chassis in a north south mounting.

The only question I would have after it's all said and done was the fabrication of the intake manifold to mount the supercharger to. The mount the injectors underneath pointing and shooting up. Maybe Bill can comment on this, but I don't think that was the best way to do that. I would tend to think that wouldn't provide the best atomization of the fuel. There theory was since it was a blower application it shouldn't matter....

The other interesting thing was the fab work they were doing to get the water lines pointing forward.