: '02 Deville Mods

danielscherbing
01-02-07, 05:13 PM
As a side note for exhaust upgrades. I recently upgraded my exhaust with the following. Removed the highflow muffler after cat and replaced with stainless pipe, removed stock mufflers and replaced with Dynomax Super Turbos. The sound improvement is very minimal at first. At WOT, she does scream quite a bit and I noticed an instant acceleration increase as the tires chirped in first and second. After a couple of hundred miles, the sound has mellowed out a little. Overall, it is almost unnoticable at idle but definetely there at WOT! Cheap too. $80 for the pair of mufflers and $130 for the install!
Any other ideas on performance upgrades?

HITMONEY
01-03-07, 05:03 AM
Yup... Install the "Deville BadAss Kit"

Rip out your N* and drop in a STS-V supercharged N*. Change the car to rear wheel drive, and go for some 3.73 gears.

It is a DIY kit and should only take you an eternity and cost as much as buying a low mile 2006 STS-V.

Ok, so I've been boozing it up tonight pretty good. :alchi:

Would be nice though huh!!! :cool2:

STS127
01-03-07, 05:26 PM
As a side note for exhaust upgrades. I recently upgraded my exhaust with the following. Removed the highflow muffler after cat and replaced with stainless pipe, removed stock mufflers and replaced with Dynomax Super Turbos. The sound improvement is very minimal at first. At WOT, she does scream quite a bit and I noticed an instant acceleration increase as the tires chirped in first and second. After a couple of hundred miles, the sound has mellowed out a little. Overall, it is almost unnoticable at idle but definetely there at WOT! Cheap too. $80 for the pair of mufflers and $130 for the install!
Any other ideas on performance upgrades?

I was thinking about putting some super turbos on myself in the spring. Any chance you could get a sound clip? Aside from exhaust there ain't much out there for North* performance parts. What I may do to get better performance is replace some stock parts with OE replacements air filter , plugs, wires, fuel filter, new coolant, doing all this and other basic replacements will slightly help performance from where it currently is.

danielscherbing
01-03-07, 06:12 PM
Hey HITMONEY. I am wondering about your rims. What are they? Any ideas about where to get a good set? Do you run yours year-round? Do I see a lowered suspension?
Let me know what you have done to yours and where are good places for me to look! Thanks!

HITMONEY
01-03-07, 07:16 PM
Hey HITMONEY. I am wondering about your rims. What are they? Any ideas about where to get a good set? Do you run yours year-round? Do I see a lowered suspension?
Let me know what you have done to yours and where are good places for me to look! Thanks!

They are 20 inch Zenetti Heirs on Pirelli rubber. Yes I run them year round (Florida). I lowered my car with Eibach Spring Kit, put on the Corsa exhaust and did the Volant CAI. Future plans are for a higher stall converter to match the new torque curve of the car.

That is about all you can do to the 2000+ DeVille without doing some insanely expensive one off re-egineering of the car.

codewize
01-03-07, 11:33 PM
Yeah and I'm right behind you as soon as spring comes. What to you think the cost is going to be on the TC and install? Do you have something in mind yet? Manufacturer, stall speed?