: Help! dealer problems :(

WHYTRY
01-02-07, 01:48 PM
I just had my tires changed. (I have stock silver 18"s not the optional polished) Took run flats off for nitto 555's. The dealership FITZGERALD AUTO MALL Frederick MD scraped, nicked and everything else you can do bad to a rim. They sent them out to get painted? There is over spray in all the lug holes, the back of the rims, hanger marks on the inside, and overspray on the side of the spokes. $#!^ So on to my question. How are the stock rims made? Paint, dipped, or powder coated? What is the best way to repair the stock rims? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :bonkers:

The Tony Show
01-02-07, 02:00 PM
The factory bulletin calls for painting (even specifies a paint code) for damaged wheels. Sounds to me like the issue is the quality of the work, not the process. I'd politely ask to have them redone to factory quality.

OldRoadDawg
01-02-07, 02:54 PM
Sounds like one more Cadillac dealer still operating in the dark ages and unprepared to deal with RF tires. Probably clueless on all the other peculiarities of the V. Had the same problem with my local dealer.. until they went out of business.

nikon
01-02-07, 03:19 PM
YUP they did it too me too...you should asked for new rims...my rims came out looking like crap too....even after the second try...you live and learn.

Drift-caddy
01-02-07, 05:07 PM
Well first step, is go in and talk to service manger and show him what happened, give them a chance to fix it. If that does not work then talk to Garry Jenkins. He will get it taken care of for you. Do not be all loud and crazy just talk to him, he is a real good guy.

GT04CTS-V
01-02-07, 05:59 PM
I just had my tires changed. (I have stock silver 18"s not the optional polished) Took run flats off for nitto 555's. The dealership FITZGERALD AUTO MALL Frederick MD scraped, nicked and everything else you can do bad to a rim. They sent them out to get painted? There is over spray in all the lug holes, the back of the rims, hanger marks on the inside, and overspray on the side of the spokes. $#!^ So on to my question. How are the stock rims made? Paint, dipped, or powder coated? What is the best way to repair the stock rims? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :bonkers:

The stock rims are sprayed. I bought my V at Fitzgerald and let them work on it a couple of times - never again. When they serviced my V, they managed to nick one of my rims. I pointed it out to the service manager and he ordered a new rim for me. I have a stock rim if you need one. I live about 20 miles east of Frederick.

It's worth the drive to have you car serviced at Lindsay Cadillac - The service director - James - owns a V.

GT

WHYTRY
01-03-07, 04:15 PM
Thank you for your help I know Gary and should be able to get it worked out. They are going to try again Mon will let you all know how they do.

01-03-07, 06:30 PM
It's worth the drive to have you car serviced at Lindsay Cadillac

GT

yes, it definitely is. Oh wait...I already live close to Alexandria :blurock: