: Warranty Question?

tegedrex
01-02-07, 02:41 AM
Got a quick question for the experts out there. I have an '04 Ext and just dropped it off for some issues with climate control and leaky sunroof. Well I was going through my head thinking about any other issues that come to mind while its at the dealer. It has about 41xxx on it and nothing comes to mind except one minor issue that really gets at me every once in a while. This being the buttons on the radio are worn to the point when I drive at night can see light beaming through other than were its suppose to show. Now would the warranty cover this minor little inconvenience? Thanks for any help.

Boombotz
01-02-07, 02:58 AM
I have a 03 Lade and I have had my Nav unit replaced due to the buttons being worn. I got a new unit under warranty and I know of other members also getting a new unit too. Mine is peeling again. Last I heard they are trying to come up with away to replace just the buttons. They need to redesign those dam buttons.

benamaster
01-02-07, 03:05 AM
They replaced my whole unit under warranty for just the buttons peeling. I don't think anyone has been hasseled about it.

EXTadic
01-02-07, 07:09 PM
Got a quick question for the experts out there. I have an '04 Ext and just dropped it off for some issues with climate control and leaky sunroof. Well I was going through my head thinking about any other issues that come to mind while its at the dealer. It has about 41xxx on it and nothing comes to mind except one minor issue that really gets at me every once in a while. This being the buttons on the radio are worn to the point when I drive at night can see light beaming through other than were its suppose to show. Now would the warranty cover this minor little inconvenience? Thanks for any help.

Oh they'll replace it alright. With a refurb unit that will probably have more issues than yours with just worn out buttons

Boombotz
01-02-07, 07:28 PM
Oh they'll replace it alright. With a refurb unit that will probably have more issues than yours with just worn out buttons
I got a brand new one when they changed it.

EXTadic
01-02-07, 07:31 PM
I got a brand new one when they changed it.

How do you know?

Boombotz
01-02-07, 07:41 PM
It was a part that they didn't have in stock and the service advisor said it was a new unit. It also looked new. No wear on the buttons.
They also replaced the hazed head lights for me with new one's at the same time.

benamaster
01-02-07, 10:23 PM
I am pretty sure mine is new also. I've taken it out when I put my Bluetooth adapter in and the sticker looked new and there weren't any marks from opening the unit. I've seen refurbished ones before even on eBay and they have another sticker. My old Nav used to make alot of noise when the disc was in but the new one is quieter.

Boombotz
01-02-07, 10:38 PM
I am pretty sure mine is new also. I've taken it out when I put my Bluetooth adapter in and the sticker looked new and there weren't any marks from opening the unit. I've seen refurbished ones before even on eBay and they have another sticker. My old Nav used to make alot of noise when the disc was in but the new one is quieter.

Same here with the noise. The original was loud. New is a lot quieter.