: Tolerance for others opinions....

Black Sunshine
01-01-07, 11:39 PM
Can'tcha just feel the love???;)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/94585-lambo-doors.html

Jeez, Urb. Are you serious? Your way (auto design) or the highway (or a thread lock)? Opinions are one thing. We've all got them, but... Shouldn't the forum be open to all "interpretations" of Cadillacs? Isn't this the way to innovation in ALL areas?

I don't know. Maybe, it's just me and my experiences helping to build a state wide club of GM B-body owners, holding honorary membership in 20 others and sitting on the BoD of ISSCA, the National Impala SS club, for two years. The first and ONLY membership requirement is love for the marqee. We have members with 9-10 second cars, Nationally sponsored/judged show winners and members with custom paint, lambo's and 24"s. We have a great time. Most everyone gets along very well and some that previously didn't "play well with others" are now some of the groups' biggest supporters. We ALL learn from each other. Constantly.

Can't cadillacforums at least attempt to offer just a lil tolerance to its membership and their expression of their opinions? I, for one, like to hear them.

The only reason I'm starting this thread is because the other one is locked and I couldn't make this post there.

Drift-caddy
01-01-07, 11:46 PM
:stirpot: :stirpot: :thumbsup: :yup:

Albertan
01-02-07, 12:36 AM
Gene
Lambo door discussions are usually in the CTS forums. I was just looking at your Impala pictures and had to do a double take. At first I thought...then I looked closer and no they aren't!
Hey this is a fun and informative forum.

Bruce
everytime I see your name "boilermaker" I get slightly nauseous, there was this time...

commander112
01-02-07, 05:58 AM
I thought the same thing when I found my thread locked. It did not break any forum rules and was simply meant as fun.

Mark

Kadonny
01-02-07, 06:57 AM
If you guys have been around here enough you should have seen the way the last 2 lambo door thread went. They got ugly.

Urb did the right thing.

Black Sunshine
01-02-07, 07:02 AM
Gene
Lambo door discussions are usually in the CTS forums. I was just looking at your Impala pictures and had to do a double take. At first I thought...then I looked closer and no they aren't!
Hey this is a fun and informative forum.

Bruce
everytime I see your name "boilermaker" I get slightly nauseous, there was this time...

"They aren't" what?

I've had a similar feeling but it's only happened once or twice when I went to see my customer, Wild Turkey Distillery. Maybe you'll be a lil more comfortable knowing that I really am a boiler maker.

Finishing up this project just outside of Evansville, IN while managing 12 other projects around the world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/Hurst/CGB11_14_06Small126.jpg

So, from past history, you're saying that the folks that want to talk about a subject get locked out because of a few folks have no manners and don't know how to express their opinions without insulting others? Mmmmmm......sad.

CIWS
01-02-07, 07:06 AM
Yeah don't look at it as you guys broke any written rules. Because of past experiences with Lambo door threads, what urbi was doing was actually preventing another shit thread. :)

01-02-07, 07:35 AM
yes, without a doubt the unpleasant lambo door history here made the lockup the right thing to do.

svassh
01-02-07, 09:00 AM
3 Things they don't like discussed on this board

1. Lambo doors
2. 22 inch wheels
3. Tunes, except for 1

A quick search on these 3 topics is very ugly indeed.

The Tony Show
01-02-07, 09:09 AM
I tried opening up a dialogue with the "appearance over performance" crowd to better understand and get along with them. I posted a simple question, and was inundated with people calling me ***, splooge comments, and private messages about how they would drag me out of my car at a stoplight and beat me.

I think the main reason these threads get locked isn't the "anti" 22's and Lambo people, but rather the "pro". They get real nasty real quick.

urbanski
01-02-07, 09:12 AM
excuse me? and you've been here how long?
no lambo doors and 22 rims threads in V, period. I have my reasons. and i made that rule.

you disagree? great. i'm never 100% right. but you PM me, or my email is in my profile. public complaints never go anywhere.