: Sts Awd

bigdog9586
01-01-07, 08:41 PM
I have the V6 STS AWD but can't find any real information on it or specs. I know there is some specs on this site on a 05 STS but it doesn't go into the AWD except to give rear ratio's. I thought I read somewhere that it is 60% power all the time to rear wheels and 40% all the time to front wheels or does it work as some and transfer power to which ever is warranted as more to the front or 50 - 50. Any articles out there?

bigdog9586
01-03-07, 07:51 AM
anyone know?

STS2002
01-03-07, 09:40 AM
I have the V6 STS AWD but can't find any real information on it or specs. I know there is some specs on this site on a 05 STS but it doesn't go into the AWD except to give rear ratio's. I thought I read somewhere that it is 60% power all the time to rear wheels and 40% all the time to front wheels or does it work as some and transfer power to which ever is warranted as more to the front or 50 - 50. Any articles out there?

Hey Bigdog.....You are correct in that 60% power to the rear and 40% to the front. There is no transfer of power from rear to front and vice versus. I am still searching for articles on that.