: How low?

wooderson
01-01-07, 09:28 PM
I am interested in the GC kit but I have 19 inch, staggered CCW wheels. Not interested in slamming the car to the floor but I would like to close the gap and get better handling as well. How low can I go without rubbing? Can I lower at all without rubbing?

calicadi
01-01-07, 10:41 PM
A lot of parameters come into play; Diameter, width and profile of tire. Diameter, width and backspace of rim. Spring rate. Camber setting. I guess that's why there's no one "go-to" place for this information.

I think your best bet is to get some accurate measurements on how much clearence you have now, actually running your suspension through its travel limits. Then go get the opinion of a pro shop on what options you might have.

I can tell you I had to get my finders flared after putting on 265x40's all around on 18x9 rims with a stock backspace, and dropping the body about 1" in front and about 3/4" in the rear. Hope that helps!

pimpcaddy
01-01-07, 11:36 PM
Hopefully my new CCW's will be arriving tomorrow - Tuesday. They are also 19" and wider in the rears. As mentioned in my other post, my buddy is setting me up with a set of stainless steel coilovers. If you can wait, I will let you know what we end up lowering the car to.

Dave

wooderson
01-02-07, 05:12 PM
A lot of parameters come into play; Diameter, width and profile of tire. Diameter, width and backspace of rim. Spring rate. Camber setting. I guess that's why there's no one "go-to" place for this information.

I think your best bet is to get some accurate measurements on how much clearence you have now, actually running your suspension through its travel limits. Then go get the opinion of a pro shop on what options you might have.

I can tell you I had to get my finders flared after putting on 265x40's all around on 18x9 rims with a stock backspace, and dropping the body about 1" in front and about 3/4" in the rear. Hope that helps! Thanks again. If I can wrestle those black Jongbloed wheels from Ryan I will solve my own problem. They are 8.5 width I believe.

wooderson
01-02-07, 05:15 PM
Hopefully my new CCW's will be arriving tomorrow - Tuesday. They are also 19" and wider in the rears. As mentioned in my other post, my buddy is setting me up with a set of stainless steel coilovers. If you can wait, I will let you know what we end up lowering the car to.

DaveLet me know how it works out. I'm in no hurry this time of the year. Weather will just get worse for the next couple of months in the Northeast.

pimpcaddy
01-02-07, 05:28 PM
Wheels arrived today after the UPS fiasco. Should be able to mount them on the car tonight. I have to call my buddy to see when he wants the car for the coilovers.