: HELP NEEDED on seat memory

harryctsv
01-01-07, 09:21 AM
Hi,
I got my new STS on Dec. 22nd here in Germany and my dealer have to order the owner manual in German from Cadillac-Europe. Should get it next week and for now I have the english version and I can read a lot but not all.

My car has Navigation and when I try to store my seat-position, mirrors and exit over the Nav screen it just wont store my settings.

Is there a trick somewhere?

Harry

bigdog9586
01-01-07, 11:51 AM
set everything as you want it and push the Config button which should put you at the screen where it says driver 1, 2, and exit. Make sure you are in park and push and hold the button you want to program until it beeps twice and you should be good to go. Make sure you are using the right remote too. On the back of each remote is either a 1 or a 2 which corsponds to the button in config. Hope this helps.

harryctsv
01-01-07, 11:57 AM
set everything as you want it and push the Config button which should put you at the screen where it says driver 1, 2, and exit. Make sure you are in park and push and hold the button you want to program until it beeps twice and you should be good to go. Make sure you are using the right remote too. On the back of each remote is either a 1 or a 2 which corsponds to the button in config. Hope this helps.
Thank you bigdog,
I was allmost this far but never got a beep, I`ll try this out again.

Thank you again

Harry

harryctsv
01-01-07, 01:11 PM
Bigdog, I`ve tried it out and get the double beep but still doesn`t work. Seat stays in the position I adjusted it but doest move for exit.

Harry

Cajonkev
01-01-07, 01:17 PM
You have to specify the "recall settings @ exit" feature that is in the sub-menu too Harry. I am not with the car right now so don't have my manual but there is a button on the nav for that too AND you have to save the exit settings separately.

harryctsv
01-01-07, 01:47 PM
You have to specify the "recall settings @ exit" feature that is in the sub-menu too Harry. I am not with the car right now so don't have my manual but there is a button on the nav for that too AND you have to save the exit settings separately.
Thank you Cajonkev, I got this all but still doesn`t work. When I picked it up at the dealer on Dec. 22nd they programmed it to FOB 2 and it works there but I cannot get it going on FOB 1.
BTW the computer knows what FOB is in the car and shows you the right number.
I think nothing is wrong, I`m just not know how to handle this right:thepan:
The first day I had it I had no HUD till I read in the owners manual you have to pull the knob of the dimmer out and there it was.

Harry

bigdog9586
01-01-07, 02:49 PM
Ok while using the FOB that you want to use go to config by pushing the button. Program where you want the seat and steering to be on exit. Push and hold exit till it beeps twice. Then on left side there are a bunch of buttons. Push the one that says vehicle. I think then there should be a button near the left top saying personal settings. Push. On right side will be a bunch of buttons and one says opcupant position (spelling) or to that effect about 2/3 down on the row of buttons. Push. This should give you the menu where you set the seat recall on exit etc. Hope this helps. Kind of hard as I have to run up and down to my garage and back to the computer but it should get you there.

harryctsv
01-01-07, 03:14 PM
Ok while using the FOB that you want to use go to config by pushing the button. Program where you want the seat and steering to be on exit. Push and hold exit till it beeps twice. Then on left side there are a bunch of buttons. Push the one that says vehicle. I think then there should be a button near the left top saying personal settings. Push. On right side will be a bunch of buttons and one says opcupant position (spelling) or to that effect about 2/3 down on the row of buttons. Push. This should give you the menu where you set the seat recall on exit etc. Hope this helps. Kind of hard as I have to run up and down to my garage and back to the computer but it should get you there.
Thanks bigdog, it`s getting late here in Germany I`ll try this out again tomorrow and let you know.

Harry

jgrade
01-03-07, 11:04 AM
What year is your "new" STS. I have had the head replaced in my STS and the software changed. In the original head the memory function was in a different place. I don't recall exactly where it was, but it I know it was different (it took a long time to figure out that the new software required pressing the soft button until the double beep, I guess it pays to read the screen.). I think the old software put the memory function under the driver settings. Hold the memory button (from what I can remember) until you hear the double beep.

Does the car say, "pardon" when it dosen't understand you? If it does, it is the new software and the above posts should help.

harryctsv
01-03-07, 02:42 PM
What year is your "new" STS. I have had the head replaced in my STS and the software changed. In the original head the memory function was in a different place. I don't recall exactly where it was, but it I know it was different (it took a long time to figure out that the new software required pressing the soft button until the double beep, I guess it pays to read the screen.). I think the old software put the memory function under the driver settings. Hold the memory button (from what I can remember) until you hear the double beep.

Does the car say, "pardon" when it dosen't understand you? If it does, it is the new software and the above posts should help.
Hi Jgrade, thank you, it`s an 07 was one of the first export model which arrived here in Germany.
I never had any problems to set the memory function on any of my Cadillac`s but I think I do some wrong.
I get the double beep but it still doesn`t work. The service guy at my dealership is still on vacation so I look him up when he is back.
I hope to get the german owners manual soon too so I can find out what I`m doing wrong. It works perfect on FOB 1

I`ll let you know when it works

Harry