: What mods can you do to the CTS-V that wont void the warranty?

uthustler
12-31-06, 11:48 PM
Im talking about performance mods. I am considering a CTS-V (damn rear-end issues yall keep talking about is only reason I havent bought one yet-considering this vs. a M3 BMW) and wondering what mods I can do performance wise that will get me some more HP but not void the warranty. What can I do exactly? Thanks

The Tony Show
12-31-06, 11:59 PM
Nothing will "void the warranty", but certain mods like superchargers will cause a lot warranty problems if something related breaks (like cooking a piston or rings). Stuff like intakes and exhaust are fine, and most dealers won't hassle you over them.

HiTechRV
01-01-07, 12:04 AM
I was thinking the gear change to 4.10 might not cause any warranty issues, and put down the same kind of torque at the wheels as a Maggie....

heavymetals
01-01-07, 12:06 AM
Depending on where you live, and who does the work.

If you mod it, don't expect your warranty to be honored.

If it is, take care of that service dept!:worship:

BLACK_CTSV
01-01-07, 12:42 AM
I was thinking the gear change to 4.10 might not cause any warranty issues, and put down the same kind of torque at the wheels as a Maggie....

Fortunately, only on the wheel side. :)

Black Sunshine
01-01-07, 01:43 AM
Fortunately, only on the wheel side. :)

Where it counts.:)

uthustler
01-01-07, 11:08 AM
I wonder if my local dealership is mod friendly.

Alderson Cadillac

trekster
01-01-07, 02:24 PM
Like heavymetals says depending on the dealer and such. A dealer that I went to wanted to blame my exhaust system on my diff bushing.

uthustler
01-01-07, 04:20 PM
Would these void the warranty?

programmer
headers
exhaust
suspension work

stkshkr
01-01-07, 04:33 PM
Corsa exhaust is the only one that won't as it was offered as a dealer installed option. The rest depend on the dealer as stated above.

spdracer77
01-01-07, 06:59 PM
Would these void the warranty?

programmer
headers
exhaust
suspension work
That should not void your warranty. Mainly its all about who you know. I know some people with superchargers and the dealer still cover them.

uthustler
01-01-07, 07:01 PM
yea, my local dealer is by the book, sucks.

Kadonny
01-01-07, 09:27 PM
That should not void your warranty. Mainly its all about who you know. I know some people with superchargers and the dealer still cover them.

It shouldn't, but I bet 9 out of 10 dealers would void a warranty for headers and at tune.

Wanna bet?

blown black caddy
01-01-07, 11:13 PM
It shouldn't, but I bet 9 out of 10 dealers would void a warranty for headers and at tune.

Wanna bet?

I guess I was lucky with my Escalade when I needed work and the dealer did cover my transfer case replaced. It was maggied and with header. The only thibg I can recommend is to get in the good graces of the sevice manager.