: wind noise

yourgmsolutions
12-31-06, 07:11 PM
for the first time a few days ago i had some passengers on the back of my car. anyway one of them opened rear window,( i was doing about 80 mi ), and wind noise was so horrble, for a second I though my ear drumms were going to blow up.
if I open front windows, it's fine, but if front ones up and rear one down, it's something I've never seen it before

Cajonkev
12-31-06, 10:20 PM
Yup, it's a known quirk with the design. Popping the sunroof (if equipped) helps a little depending on speed but driving @ speed with the rears down is probably not what GM was thinking about.

yourgmsolutions
12-31-06, 10:40 PM
thanks . because I though it was just my car, anyway, I see GM people at the dealerships sometimes. I'll take one of those guys for a ride. this is ridiculis. they design $50K + vehicle and not thinking about this details

Jesda
01-01-07, 02:04 AM
People generally don't drive luxury cars with windows open at speed. The automatic HVAC system is there for a reason.

bigdog9586
01-01-07, 06:56 AM
I don't think you can find any car that if you open the windows at 80 mph isn't going to make a lot of noise.
=====================

for the first time a few days ago i had some passengers on the back of my car. anyway one of them opened rear window,( i was doing about 80 mi ), and wind noise was so horrble, for a second I though my ear drumms were going to blow up.
if I open front windows, it's fine, but if front ones up and rear one down, it's something I've never seen it before

yourgmsolutions
01-01-07, 04:56 PM
I don't think you can find any car that if you open the windows at 80 mph isn't going to make a lot of noise.
=====================

I know that. but I was not talking about just a noise. it was more then that.
anyway I don't drive with window down anyway, so I'll just try to forget about it

allen65
01-01-07, 11:12 PM
My father in law drives a Lexus LS430 and it did the same when we opened the back windows. Thought my ear drums would explode. I believe that almost all vehicles have the same "booming" sound when the back windows are open.

Onalaska
01-02-07, 08:07 AM
Use the window lock to prevent passengers in the rear seat from lowering the windows without asking first. I always lower the driver or passenger's window slightly before lowering the rear window behind and that helps equalize the pressure in the car. It's a pressure issue and I am not sure you would approve of the shape and look of the car body if it was redesigned to eliminate or reduce it.