: Key FOBS

corvette00
12-31-06, 02:58 PM
After all my complaining I decided to give an STS another try. I traded my 05 RWD "F" package for an 07 AWD "G" package. I must say the new vehicle appears to drive much better. I hope I do not develop a case of the rattles like I experienced with the old one. Many of the conversations on this site mention a new key FOB, my 07 has the same FOB as the old one. Did some of you get a different key FOB with your 07's. I think my vehicle was built in November, therefore it was not one of the first 07's

Cajonkev
12-31-06, 03:06 PM
As I recall there was some discussion as to perhaps a new FOB pre-07 delivery that proved to be inaccurate (Including an alleged pic). The subsequent chat all confirmed the FOB stayed the same for 07 domestic production at least YTD.

Best of luck with your replacement ride...

bigdog9586
12-31-06, 05:40 PM
My 07 owners manual shows drawing of 2 different key remotes and as far as I can make out they both do the same thing. The other one is retanglier and looks to be balkier than the one we all have. I think someone with brains said lets keep the current one as it is nicer looking more rounded and who knows what else.:bighead:
===============

As I recall there was some discussion as to perhaps a new FOB pre-07 delivery that proved to be inaccurate (Including an alleged pic). The subsequent chat all confirmed the FOB stayed the same for 07 domestic production at least YTD.

Best of luck with your replacement ride...

Acropolis
01-01-07, 09:19 AM
The new key FOB (don't know if/when it is coming out) has the key built into the FOB. You pull on the end of the FOB and the key slides out. They did this since you typically won't need the key, but you will still have it with you for an emergency.

I have an '07 and it is shown in my manual as well, but I have the old FOB.

bigdog9586
01-01-07, 11:53 AM
now I know why it looks a little bigger and is rectangleier. That sounds like the way to go.