: can i return a special order part from cadillac?

starfox86
12-31-06, 12:29 PM
so i broke this vacuum hose for the fuel tank last week. my car was in the shop for the week getting other work done, they told me I needed the new part and it was $177. so i said ok, get me the part, ill put it on because they were ready to charge me $300 in labor. booo! screw that! so i picked up the part and its a hose running from the back of the car to the front. i looked at what was broken on the car and it was jus a plastic connector. i ended up fixing it for about 3 bucks with parts from autozone. so i want to return this part. cadillac opens tuesday, what should i say to make them return this? and btw this part was orderd b4 i paid for it and it was on the service invoice.

ChicagoCTS32
12-31-06, 12:35 PM
My guess is that you're Florian

starfox86
12-31-06, 12:39 PM
My guess is that you're Florian
im thinking ill talk to the service manager (because i went to school with his son) and be like, if i cant return this useless part, i will never bring my car back to this dealership. lol

theloanman219
12-31-06, 12:39 PM
If you have scott for a service advisor the just tell him that you fixed it and no longer need the part. He should not give you a hard time. If it is still in the package they will get credit for it anyways.

starfox86
12-31-06, 01:36 PM
If you have scott for a service advisor the just tell him that you fixed it and no longer need the part. He should not give you a hard time. If it is still in the package they will get credit for it anyways.

i have crieg for an advisor, but i have talked to scott b4 , hes cool . maybe ill sneak in there when creigs out at lunch and talk to scott. lol

theloanman219
12-31-06, 01:38 PM
Well I have a appointment with scott in the morning for my new radio. If you want i will run it by him and call you?

starfox86
12-31-06, 02:12 PM
Well I have a appointment with scott in the morning for my new radio. If you want i will run it by him and call you?

omg that would be wonderful if you could do that!:thumbsup: yeah if you tell him dave with the black on black v , he will know me. my number is 239-281-9794. thanks! call me anytime!

theloanman219
12-31-06, 03:48 PM
I will call you after I leave there. Im bringing it in around 8:30 or 9.

If you dont hear from me call me. Only in case i forget the number here.

Have a safe night.

sorry i forgot to give you my number 265-4363.

gene

ewill3rd
12-31-06, 05:58 PM
If it was special ordered and they paid freight on it, they might charge you freight plus a restocking fee which is usually a percentage of the price of the part.
Frankly it all depends on whether or not they can return it to GM, some parts they can and some they can't.
It must be in the original undamaged GM packaging materials with no additional markings.