: Buzzzzzz

stevebuick23
12-31-06, 01:29 AM
When I have the ignition off and even the stereo turned off, I get a constant, just auditable hum from the rear speakers (you need to be very close to hear it).

This in turn doesn't allow my amp's auto on/off to work, and drains my battery. What can cause this.

dp102288
12-31-06, 12:37 PM
Does the rear speaker(s) play 100% when the radio is on? I am thinking a switch or bad connection. :hmm:

stevebuick23
12-31-06, 04:41 PM
Does the rear speaker(s) play 100% when the radio is on? I am thinking a switch or bad connection. :hmm:

They distort really really bad. :rant2:

CadillacSTS42005
12-31-06, 07:06 PM
the amps are not shutting off
do two things
1 to prevent killing your battery put it on storage mode by hitting the info and reset button....
2 the amps arent bad its gotta be tied into the cdx box like i told you

stevebuick23
01-01-07, 02:44 AM
the amps are not shutting off
do two things
1 to prevent killing your battery put it on storage mode by hitting the info and reset button....
2 the amps arent bad its gotta be tied into the cdx box like i told you

They've done that since I bought the car, and the battery hasn't gone dead in 3 days of the car sitting. I don' tdoubt that they're not shutting off though...

CadillacSTS42005
01-01-07, 11:50 PM
im confused as heck as to your response man
idk what you mean

the727kid
01-06-07, 03:26 AM
1. Do you have a stock HU? If so, change your remote.
2. Run new RCAs outside of the car real quick to see if thats the problem.
3. Lower your gains. (Do this anyway).
4. Make sure your amps are grounded on SHINY bare metal.
5. Make sure your HU is grounded on SHINY bare metal.

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-07, 10:28 AM
dude hes talkin bout the factory bose mini amp...

stevebuick23
01-06-07, 11:09 AM
dude hes talkin bout the factory bose mini amp...

Ya, its the factory unit. I was talking on my cell this morning after I turned off the car and I got anotuher call on hold, and I heard buzzing coming from ALL the speakers in the car, so I am thinking that there is power going to all of them after I turn the ignition off. (even when the radio is shut off). I got a wiring diagram of the system from mitchell on demand, and it shows two power relays to turn on once you engage the system by powering it up. If these relays were blow (i've seen lots of relays blow before fuses), I would assume that they could be stuck in the closed circuit position, always allowing current to the system?

Is this plausable?

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-07, 11:17 AM
possible yes?
do i think thats your issue..
highly doubt it...

stevebuick23
01-06-07, 01:05 PM
possible yes?
do i think thats your issue..
highly doubt it...

I don't personally see how it would be the CDX box. It gets it's power from the headunit, so the headunit must be the problem?

CadillacSTS42005
01-06-07, 09:58 PM
think of the cdx box as a relax
it tells what signal to send to the amps and tells them when to turn on and off,
thats why when people replaced the hus on the 92-95 bose system and had to tap into the wires via the new harness it connected BEFORE the cdx box and thats why the amps would cut out every time you change tracks or change sources when you replace the hu

stevebuick23
01-07-07, 10:05 AM
think of the cdx box as a relax
it tells what signal to send to the amps and tells them when to turn on and off,
thats why when people replaced the hus on the 92-95 bose system and had to tap into the wires via the new harness it connected BEFORE the cdx box and thats why the amps would cut out every time you change tracks or change sources when you replace the hu

Ohhhh. Ok, that makes sense. I'm also going to trace down a ground I'm thinking may be broken.

Wish me luck! :)

CadillacSTS42005
01-07-07, 07:55 PM
sry not relax lol ment relay lol