Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Audio in 2000 SLS

995 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dp102288 
#1 ·
I bought my 2000 Seville SLS used a couple months ago. The head unit says Bose, and I know the head unit is supposedly manufactured by Delco while the amp/speakers are Bose, but because the head unit says Bose, I figured I had the Bose system. The stereo is pretty loud, and pretty good sounding.

The speaker in the front passenger side door has gone bad as it only cracks when a song with bass is playing, otherwise outputting nothing. I called the dealer, they quoted around 100 for a replacement Bose speaker, but I've been waiting to see if I could snag a used one online somewhere.

But, today, I was doing something with the tailights and I had the trunk open, and a flash of metal caught my eye. I realized it was the magnet on the sub mounted on the rear deck. I got curious, so I took a look at it: The label said that it was a "Pyramid Royal Blue 4 ohm subwoofer". Does anybody know what's going on? Is this supposed to be there when the car is supposedly equipped with Bose? I don't want to tear the doorpanel apart to look at the failing door speaker until I need to, but I'm not sure - does it sound like the whole system has been changed or did they just not use a "Bose" subwoofer? if there is a Bose sub that's supposed to be there, would anybody recommend I replace this "Pyramid Royal Blue" with it, or what?

Sorry for all the questions but hopefully somebody knows

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
alright - if the sub is aftermarket - does anybody else know what could be / was for sure switched? Would the amp HAVE to have been switched since Bose subs are 2ohm and mine is 4? what about the speakers? do you think that this aftermarket sub would be / is better than the original Bose? I have a feeling this car wasn't modded by some kid looking for the perfect sound before me - I am 2nd owner and the 1st was an 80 year old in Illinois.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.