Cadillac Owners Forum banner

97 deville non bose HU

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  rnunez76 
#1 ·
i posted this question in another post but I did not get the answer I was looking for. I have a 97 deville with a base (non-bose) stereo. I replaced it with a pioneer mp3 player that I bought on car domain. It came with a wiring harness gm03b. At first i could not get any constant power or accessary power from the harness so I wired it to a connection under the steering wheel. Well my stereo works perfectly now, no problem at all with it, but my windows will not roll down! Also my valet is not working either(trunk release and gas lid). Why is this going on? Did I wire it incorrectly or am i missing something? Do i need a different harness.

thank you for your help.

-R

#3 ·
well sort of. Ive been working on putting in a remote starter also (unfinished project) I remembered that when I wired it, there was a constant and a accessory power that i used for the remote starter. Since I did not want to look for anothe spot, not go directly to the battery, i went ahead and used the same wires. and yes it was from under the steering wheel.

#7 ·
Hmm, I know your sopposed to use a GMos03 or 06 or w.e. ETC97 the guy on harnesses and shit, me personally I don't have a harness in mine and it works A+.

I would remove the wires you added. Get in the car with a test light, see which wires light up in ACC and which ones are on all the time (wait 10 minuteS).

#9 ·
window and radio fuse runs off same fuse
if you blew the windows you blew the radio too
assuming the radios fine your car is doing the notorious deville sleep mode
you need to turn off the cars alarm system and then hopefully it will allow you to use the windows again
do a quick search its sticked in the tech tips section on how to do it i posted it (its titled something like how to shut off drls and display coolant temp and speedo)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.