: I have a problem

theloanman219
12-30-06, 11:19 AM
When I first started to come to this site (before i had my V) most everybody would talk about how much they loved their cars. And all the cars that they have beat in light to light races. All the fun reasons that we own the BEAST. now its all how much trouble everyone is having. Bad dealer experiences and just crap. I understand that some of you are frustrated. I have to say as a V owner if you are going to drive a 4 door corvette you need to expect some problems and if you hate the car that much then trade it for another high horse power car. But don't think for one minute that it is going to be any different. I have owned cars that were a lot less fun with more problems and much more to fix. Now im not bashing one person and I may be a little out of line as one of the new guys but, we are here to meet other people with the same passion as us and have fun. Any finally you know that the srt8 guys are probably sitting telling their version of stories about how they beat the V last night. :cool2:

Now time for the story...

Me and the family were coming back from a dinner in naples last night. Behind me was a CLK 550 AMG (VERY NICE, FAST AND EXPESIVE). At the light i take off and just moved along. I got to the next light and stopped. He rolls up next to as the light is turning green. He hits the gas and takes off. My wife looks at me and says catch him. With in three seconds I was ten cars ahead. Now we all know that that car is amazing and if he wanted to he could have givin me a run for my money. But just to know that he spent more the double what i spent and got toasted by a family out for a joy ride makes me very emotionally erect! lol. He finally caught me at the next red light and would not even look over at me. Anyone else have any good stories.

CADITECH
12-30-06, 11:22 AM
I love it. Good story.

atdeneve
12-30-06, 12:18 PM
Hey man, c'mon now, you shan't be so surprised. Although, the CLK 55 AMG is nice, it is not all that impressive in terms of performance - well, not, at least, in comparison to the real hard hitters in AMG's line up; i.e., E55 / CLS55 / S55 (and now the 63s). It is less potent than the V (somethin like 347 hp / 376 ftlbs) and will usually come out slower from a stand-still (definitely from a roll). Say usually, because the driver is a large factor in how well the V launches.

Anyway, this is, in no way, intended to rain on your parade. Just so, ya know, next time ya see one a dem buggers, you can romp on em with snotty confidence, rather than pleasant surprise. Now, if you run into one of its bigger brawnier brothers, yes, you will get spanked, so be prepared to be shamed. However, you will definitely give them a run for their money. :want:

The Tony Show
12-30-06, 12:52 PM
Internet forums tend to attract the vocal unhappy minority. It's just like in sales- an unhappy customer will tell twenty people, but a happy one maybe only three or four. Very few people (myself included) ever think to post threads about how great the car is running, but when things go south then it's bitch central.

Great kill story by the way. I was taking the toll road down to Orlando to see my folks for Christmas and I had a black Charger RT (Not the SRT8) blow past me, then slow down and look over grinning. Needless to say, I downshifted to 3rd (going about 65mph) and when he punched it again I was GONE. I redlined 3rd (about 95mph), slowed down and returned the grin. Same deal as yours- he wouldn't look over. :D

Jschmank
12-30-06, 01:32 PM
I have 17500 on my 2005, all stock, and no problems, rattles, or bad experiences. Love the car, it is a pleasure getting into it everyday and makes my drive to work and back the highlight of the day.
I don't generally race others, but one recent outing I had a Lincoln LS on my butte for a couple of miles and it was getting annoying. At one point the highway cleared and he pulled into the right lane to pass. I eased on the gas and kept up with him for a bit and I think he thought we were actually racing and that he was going to take me. So I looked over at him, gave him a bye bye wave and hit the gas. I left him standing. Thats what this car is all about.

Koooop
12-30-06, 02:47 PM
I love my V, but it is more trouble than my 37 year old Corvette, but who cares! This thing is fun and the warranty pays for all the stuff that breaks unlike the Vette. I really don't have many complaints about this car, if I wanted an never break appliance I would've gotten an Infiniti. This car is every bit as good as I would have hoped from Cadillac's first attempt at a hot rod.

I spanked a new 2007 Audi S6 V10 a couple of weeks ago, the V walked him nicely, that felt good. He was trying, he picked the race.

ChicagoCTS32
12-30-06, 02:55 PM
Internet forums tend to attract the vocal unhappy minority. It's just like in sales- an unhappy customer will tell twenty people, but a happy one maybe only three or four. Very few people (myself included) ever think to post threads about how great the car is running, but when things go south then it's bitch central.

I posted something very similar to that over on the non-v forum when a new guy was saying how he was scared that his car was going to fall apart because of all the bad experiences he read about...
I retorted with "sure would be a boring forum if all we did was talk about how my diff didn't need to be replaced and how my C pillars didn't fall off."
Bad news travels faster and louder than good news.

Good story loanman. Mortgages or just general loan sharking?

svassh
12-30-06, 03:00 PM
I'm a supporting member, I can bitch a little if I want to. :canttalk:

commander112
12-30-06, 03:15 PM
I am perfectly happy with my V. Bought it certified with 45k on the clock. Have had all the common issues fixed by the dealer with no problems. The new diff makes a lot of noise though.
Now for a true confession from an emabarrased V owner. Today, while on my way home from the gym I had a run in with a Infrared Trailblazer SS. We did three lights from 0 to 70 mph. I am running Hancook winter rubber. First light I took him. Next light, I broke free and had some wheel hop. He had about a one car lead on me by 40 mph then I started to reel him in. In the end, he had me. Pretty much the same story in the third run. That SS was fast. I wonder if he had done anything to it? Through the events he was just sitting there in automatic, all wheel drive bliss while I was rowing and worried about keeping the rear end planted. I hope things would have been different with the F1's on the car.

Mark

HiTechRV
12-30-06, 03:22 PM
Was he AWD or RWD? They make both I think. He has the same LS2 as the current V, and any parts we can get pretty much he can get. I think the SS comes with wider rear rubber stock. I drove one and it felt NOTHING like my old Trailblazer. It drove like an F body. The suspension was tuned the same place ours was. If I had to drive an SUV as my daily driver, the SS would be it.

ahahnu
12-30-06, 03:26 PM
he thought we were actually racing and that he was going to take me. So I looked over at him, gave him a bye bye wave and hit the gas. I left him standing. Thats what this car is all about.

Yeah seriously. I have been thinking about this topic for a while. I haven't been on much because a: work its been Christmas and b: all the lemon law, hatethis this sucks that. I truely love this car. It is very different from all of the mass produced performance cars. I have 43,000 miles and need to go to the dealer to have he rear while looked at agani. Hopefully they'll replace it.

2007 Audi S6 V10 You know thats the Lamborghini engine?

My recent fun kil was an Acura TSX. We know they can't keep up, but how the girl and her friend tried. She was up my butte (lol) and after we merged from one Highway to another I dropped to third, cut between some lanes/traffic- out. There was no where really to go, too many cars, but to watch her try- it still gives me tingles. (lol)

theloanman219
12-30-06, 03:51 PM
Im glad there is good news ahead. Like i said i was complaining about people complaining but if someone has a question on how to handle something that is cool. We all have our own ways to handle people at dealerships. My last car was a mazda and it broke all the time and being a millenia it was very costly to fix. The dealer was a total jerk. The cadi dealer is the complete opposite. There are lemons in hand made maserati's. It just depends. Anyways thanks for all the good post. commander we are not going to win them all but we can go down swinging!

atdeneve
12-30-06, 04:39 PM
It should also be noted that it is not the particular problems on the vehicles themselves (mehanical or otherwize) that most people's greivances stem from (though, in reality, they should never have made it into production), but rather the customer service problems they encounter at the dealer.

So, yes, although there may be gripes about certain major oversights (i.e.; diff), it is really the dealer treatment regarding these documented areas of failure that puts the nail in the coffin. That is what really stings. And to me, well, it just defies any logic and rationale. They're cutting the very limbs they must rely on, if they ever wish to move forward. Oh well...

heavymetals
12-30-06, 04:59 PM
The "worst" thing that happened to me was after I installed the maggie.:suspense:

I spanked a brand new C6 (he wouldn't look at me either at the next light).

Gave away the "hole shot" then just reeled him in :want:

Took the wind right out of his sail!

Wasn't more then a couple of weeks after that I decided to put a maggie on my Z06.

No way am I gonna be in my Vette and get beaten by some Cadillac!:yup:

NEW77GUY
12-30-06, 05:48 PM
I am perfectly happy with my V. Bought it certified with 45k on the clock. Have had all the common issues fixed by the dealer with no problems. The new diff makes a lot of noise though.
Now for a true confession from an emabarrased V owner. Today, while on my way home from the gym I had a run in with a Infrared Trailblazer SS. We did three lights from 0 to 70 mph. I am running Hancook winter rubber. First light I took him. Next light, I broke free and had some wheel hop. He had about a one car lead on me by 40 mph then I started to reel him in. In the end, he had me. Pretty much the same story in the third run. That SS was fast. I wonder if he had done anything to it? Through the events he was just sitting there in automatic, all wheel drive bliss while I was rowing and worried about keeping the rear end planted. I hope things would have been different with the F1's on the car.

Mark

sounds like he *might* have done a little bit to that SS...but maybe not. Those things are insanely fast off the launch for being as heavy as they are. The AWD is sick off the line. Traction is NOT our friend during the winter months, and the hopping rear doesn't help either. I actually considered buying one before i decided on the V. Anyhow, lets just be happy that you didn't run into the SRT8 Cherokee in a playful mood. ;)

commander112
12-30-06, 10:24 PM
Anyhow, lets just be happy that you didn't run into the SRT8 Cherokee in a playful mood. ;)

I would have passed the SRT at the next gas station:stirpot: .

Mark

kc3smith
12-30-06, 10:51 PM
I agree with theloanman in that if you are going to drive a hot rod daily, you can't expect the thing to be perfect. Bad dealers and bad cars are going to be there, no matter what you pay for the car. Do some research and find out how many people returned BMW 745i's due to things like electrical meltdown.

My wife's V (I drive an '03 Vette daily), is an excellent car, but it has had some problems. I accept the problems because I know that we bought a very high performance, technologically advanced car. I maintain aircraft for a living, and you can buy a 10 million dollar Citation or a 50 million dollar Gulfstream...they are machines and they break, no matter the price or the perceived quality. My point is that a Chevrolet may be just as reliable as a Mercedes.

Keep smokin' those ridiculously expensive cars with the V's!!!

NEW77GUY
12-31-06, 04:44 AM
I would have passed the SRT at the next gas station:stirpot: .

Mark

Amen to that! :thumbsup:

svassh
12-31-06, 12:55 PM
Allright you guys that have had your V's for a couple of weeks and never been to the dealer for anything need some 'life' experience. I can't wait for the first time your 'AWESOME' caddy dealer denies warranty work or keeps your car for a total of 5 days to adjust a parking brake and even then doesn't get it right.

To this point you guys have probably only dealt with the Sales at the dealership. Who ever had problem with the Sales guy? :rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :rant2:

I help support this forum with $$$ if you don't want to see complaints then don't read ANY car forum. I find threads complaining about other people complaining a little hypocritical. :thepan:

BTW: I love my car as much as anyone on this forum my only issue is with the $HITTY dealer service that seems prevalent. I believe the latest dealer satisfaction poll on caddilacfaq.com showed only 70-80% of owners satisfied with their dealers service levels. That is appalling for a luxury car line. If you are lucky enough to live on the East coast and can use Lindsay Cadillac you are indeed LUCKY.

theloanman219
12-31-06, 01:28 PM
Your right all the way. I have never had to have any major work done as of yet. The good thing for me is I know a couple of guys here who have and they have had great service from the dealer. Unfortunately for all of you we are in a remote place and it would take way to ling to come here for service. I understand that some people may support the website with $$$ and that is cool. It is a place for people who have something in common meet, talk and have fun.

Why can't we all just get along??? llolololol Brothers don't shake hands, brothers got to hug!

Love Peace and Speed!

Tags63
12-31-06, 01:59 PM
Hey Guys!!

I look at it this way. All cars break! It's unfortunate & it sucks but hey it doesn't matter what the problem is, it's how you handle it. I've been an advid German car buff for 20 yrs now. I have to admit that all the ///M Bimmers I owned didn't do me wrong ever. Had an Audi S8, there known for tranny problems had mine replaced 3 times before I got rid of the car with less than 40k miles. My '05 Hemi Magnum was awesome for a wagon but tranny went on that by 7k miles. My '06 Sduty Diesel blew out injectors with 1200 miles on the clock. Yes, it's inconveinant but this is life and you have to take it with a grain of salt!! These are vehicles made by less than perfect people or even by other machines. The bottom line is how happy does your vehicle make you?? Whether it's our awesome V or something else. I love my V and wanted to get into something other than a German car for a change. My rear is starting the usual shit and I don't abuse my cars just drive them spiritedly.

On a smokin note, I've raced Stangs, SRT 300 & Charger's, a few vettes and smoked them all. I was quite happy with the results!!!

Happy New Year's to All!!!!

Paul:nanaparty: :nanaparty::nanaparty: :nanaparty:

Koooop
12-31-06, 05:25 PM
[quote=ahahnu;921628
You know thats the Lamborghini engine?
[/quote]

The S6 is about 100 less HP than a Gallardo and quite a bit heavier. The S6 seems to be a Cow in Wolves clothing.

I messed around with a Gallardo in my V (knowing full well he'd kill me), the first run he had some difficulty getting away from the V (he didn't hit it hard enough), at the next light (long blocks) the guy says WTF is that? It's FAST! We ran again he pounded me but never the less when we were side by side again he was very impressed by performance of the V and I got to listen to that V10 sing it's song in my open window. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, my dealer stands up and takes care of business. I'm sayin' it again... BOOZE AND CIGARS!!! Hand them out to people that take care of you and your cars.