: Quick Question..

TheCaddyKidd
12-30-06, 05:26 AM
ok.. this doesnt have anything to do with my Escalade but rather my girls TC.. but its a general question.. so anyway.. i got my girl some gift for christmas and i installed them in her car tonight.. i put in the Pioneer Avic-D2, Pioneer Ipod Adapter, Pioneer XM/Navtraffic unit, and some bazooka sub/amp combo.. its like 2 10inch bazooka with a little 300max amp but really sounds pretty good.. anyway.. i wanted to fill the sides of the box with a little light because it has like 6 inches of space on each side.. i was wondering what the best way to wire a pair of neon lights would be.. should i:

a) ground them at the amp and power them using the remote wire input

or

b) run a power wire to the front and connect it to the stock neons that the dealer through in

CadillacSTS42005
12-30-06, 09:33 AM
you can power them off the amp just fine
though for the power, id just run them off the remote that way you have a switched power for them, if you run them off the powe wire they will always be on...

RichieRich
12-30-06, 10:10 AM
Yep... Off the remote wire... When you turn the system on the neon will come on. A friend & I wired it from the remote wire but put a toggle switch in between so he could shut the neon off during the day. I don't think it was worth the trouble.

dp102288
12-30-06, 12:53 PM
Damn nice X-Mas gifts! Avic-D2 with TrafficNav? :thumbsup:

TheCaddyKidd
12-30-06, 08:40 PM
i get stuff cheap so it wasnt that big.. her parents chipped in with the D2.. i paid like 725 for the D2, 150 for the xm/navtraffic module, and 50 for the ipod thing and then 20 for amp install kit...

dp102288
12-30-06, 09:45 PM
^^ Damn that was a good price on a D2!

the727kid
01-06-07, 03:36 AM
I would ground them whereever, just to shiny metal. And I would probally splice them into the stock neons, so they are on a switch. But if you connect them to the remote, which would work as well, make sure you run a relay so you don't blow the remote on the HU.