: 2007 issues

RANGER 66
12-30-06, 12:16 AM
I am mulling over the idea of updating my 05 SRX for a 2007. As a part of the decision making process I looking for any +'s or -'s on the new models. I know they have restyled the interior, so I was looking more along the line of problems etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RLTW

Mike_S_30189
12-30-06, 08:38 AM
I just went through the same exercise and can only tell you the new interior really makes a huge postive difference (+). It make the interior cabin a lot more open and gives you the luxurious feel.

The power lift gate which started in 06 is great (+)

The NAV/Theatre Stero system is great. Alos, if you have a IPOD/MP3 player you can plug in and listen (+ +).

I did not get the 20 inch RIMS (I stuck with 18s), but it is a nice new feature (+).

New colors (+).

As you can see, I am very happy with the SRX and think the unit got better.

BaseBoy
12-30-06, 02:15 PM
V8 or V6? It makes a difference. The 07 V8 has the new 6-speed transmission. A new transmission is not a liability given the new 5 year/100K power-train warranty. The 07 V6 has the same power train as the 04-06.

After 2 weeks, I have 2 rattles in the (front) interior of an 07. It is possible that the new interior may have more rattles than the old until the kinks are worked out. (But I never drove an 04-06 enough to know about rattles in them. And it is difficult to infer from a single instance.)

As you know, the 07 has sport packages 18-inch and 20-inch wheels. But the 20-inch wheels cannot be chosen with magnetic ride control. So the nicest wheels are incompatible with a main mechanical option. The new optional 07 18-inch wheels are a bit gaudy for my taste.

The 07 I believe also has improved side collision protection.

RANGER 66
12-30-06, 03:30 PM
Cool thanks. I am going to swing by the dealer and check out thier selection.

RLTW

MortnCyn
12-30-06, 05:40 PM
If you are looking for a V8 you may want to search on the Internet first.
http://www.cadillac.com/index.jsp?noredirect=true
Most dealers stock very few if any V8's. I think there were 3 within 100 miles of your location. In Illinois, most of Wisconsin, eastern Missouri. and a big chunk of Indiana I only found about three V8's. Good luck.