: Tufoil?

STS127
12-29-06, 09:59 PM
Anybody else out there try this stuff. I used it in my old car and seemed to work but I didn't keep any records of the fuel mileage. The engine seemed to be smoother and believe it or not more responsive(but I did use it with Red Line Oil so it could have been that) I read that this stuff is the Guiness book of world records for the most efficient lubricant. If you are interested here is where I bought it.

http://www.autobarn.net/chto-8.html

Ranger
12-29-06, 10:08 PM
More snake oil

codewize
12-30-06, 12:01 AM
What's with the snake oil thing. I never understood the term?

I_Finally_Have_A_Cad
12-30-06, 12:42 AM
Way back in the day, traveling salesmen would sell vials that could cure anything you could think of, but it didn't do a damn thing. What was in those vials? Snake oil.

STS127
12-30-06, 11:03 AM
This may very well be snake oil but I thought that it actually worked. If you go to their website they say the U.S and Canadian governments have had positive results using it and they also have(or used to) a link to a webpage that should other additive companies being sued by the government for false adverising.

codewize
12-30-06, 11:38 AM
Ahh OK. I guess I knew that but didn't put the 2 together since we're always talking about oil when we say snake oil. It was confusing to me I guess. Maybe I was just being dumb.

Well I don't know about this Tufoil but I do like Lucas products and I do think they help.

Way back in the day, traveling salesmen would sell vials that could cure anything you could think of, but it didn't do a damn thing. What was in those vials? Snake oil.

dp102288
12-30-06, 01:13 PM
Not bashing Lucas or anything, but I was reading up on good brands of dino oil yesterday and came across this on Lucas. Interesting to say the least.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

STS127
12-30-06, 01:25 PM
That is interesting what that guy found. Is nice to have actual evidence of what will happen when Lucas or other additives are added to oil.

Ranger
12-30-06, 02:09 PM
This may very well be snake oil but I thought that it actually worked. If you go to their website they say the U.S and Canadian governments have had positive results using it and they also have(or used to) a link to a webpage that should other additive companies being sued by the government for false adverising.

You don't think they would put anything negative on their site, do you? We all know that the Tornado is a scam. Go to their site and see how they tout it. Bottom line is Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware). Don't believe everything that the seller tells you. Take it with a grain of salt. That stuff contains PTFE. Same stuff that is in Slick 50 (more snake oil).
http://skepdic.com/slick50.html

STS127
12-30-06, 03:01 PM
You don't think they would put anything negative on their site, do you? We all know that the Tornado is a scam. Go to their site and see how they tout it. Bottom line is Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware). Don't believe everything that the seller tells you. Take it with a grain of salt. That stuff contains PTFE. Same stuff that is in Slick 50 (more snake oil).

You are right. The reason why I had tried is not what it said on the website but other reviewers from online sites. I went to their website after I had tried it and I did not feel like they were "trying" to steal your money.They did not have all of these unrealistic results and over joyful testimonials. It said somewhere that your engine would run smoother and I felt that it did but again I used an expensive oil in an engine that needed its oil changed so maybe the Red Line oil really worked-I don't know. But there is no way I would put this in my Cadillac. I think regular oil changes is just fine for the car, plus it is recomended not to use an oil additive in a Northstar.

codewize
12-30-06, 03:17 PM
I've seen that before. I have to say that after several years of using these products my oil has never come out of the engine looking like that. It's always come out being extremely slippery and looking very much like oil.

Not bashing Lucas or anything, but I was reading up on good brands of dino oil yesterday and came across this on Lucas. Interesting to say the least.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

dp102288
12-30-06, 10:12 PM

Great read in that link! :thumbsup:

I've seen that before. I have to say that after several years of using these products my oil has never come out of the engine looking like that. It's always come out being extremely slippery and looking very much like oil.

Yeah I don't think the Lucas stuff is that bad. I hear their gas treatment is the best out there actually. Well at least you know the Lucas stuff doesn't mess engine up and that is what matters anyway! :bouncy:

dkozloski
12-30-06, 10:25 PM
"Tufoil" is too gumpy a name for me to put it in anything.

dp102288
12-31-06, 12:51 PM
^^ :lol: I agree though, I don't want my oil to be too "tuf".

kerisvery
09-25-09, 11:38 PM
I have a 1993 fleetwood with 263000 miles on it.I bought it new and have been using tufoil since 1995. I searched tufoil on ebay and found it for 16.00 with shipping. It still runs great and doesn't burn any oil. I seem to believe that this stuff works. The motor is so quiet. My freind bought a 1995 fleetwood and the motor has 168000 miles on it and you can really hear the lifters chattering. He always changed the oil like me but he never added anything. He now uses tufoil and I hope it helps him.

jcresciSTS
09-26-09, 01:18 AM
I thought it showed that the Luca's does mess it up.

"Well, there you go folks, again, the color shows where air has been entrapped into the oil, therefore, creating a problem."

" It makes perfect sense what happened and would have thought it would help this oil to lubricate at startups but instead, it created more problems than it solved."

As for Gas Treatment, Chevron w/ Techron is the best.