: Extended Warranty

luxy60
12-29-06, 07:11 PM
Any recommendations where to purchase an extended GM warranty? Truck has 41K and I'd like to get extended coverage.

thanks
Luxy

benamaster
12-30-06, 12:09 AM
If its still under the factory warranty your dealer should beable to help you find one. If not I believe some people go to Costco or Sams Club and they off Extended Warrantys. GM Protection Plan probably has mailed you something as I know they mail me stuff quite frequently.

integline
12-30-06, 02:34 AM
whatever you do, just get one! my rear axle needed a rebuild at 50,750 miles. Only 1400.

luxy60
12-30-06, 10:20 AM
The dealer is pushing a GE warranty, less $ than the GMPP. I know that for foreign vehicles like Honda and my wifes Toyota there are dealers that sell the manufacurers warrantys at a substantial discount (power of the internet!). I was wondering if GM dealers could do the same or maybe GM frowns on the practice. I'm leary of any other plan except the OEM's plans because there seems to be less problems with coverage, payment, etc..

LLT
12-30-06, 12:42 PM
Don't get a non-GM plan, trust me. Contact Scott @ Superior Cadillac for some GMPP pricing. Shop around a bit as well, you can get a GMPP lower than MSRP.

luxy60
12-30-06, 06:37 PM
I want to stick with GMPP just not pay MSRP. I will contact Scott for a quote. Typically on these types of forums there is lots of discussion/ input on extended warranties and where to get the best price. Not so much here but I probably should search past topics also....

Krug Ford
01-08-07, 10:11 PM
Let me Luxy60 I have some specials going on right now.

AWDTSi
01-11-07, 03:54 PM
Try at your local bank or credit union, thats where you will find the best deals, the dealers want double almost triple what the banks want for the same exact thing.

hcvone
01-11-07, 04:08 PM
Don't get anything but a GM warranty, I have many customers that have been burned because many of these companies have gone out of business and you get nothing.