: $60 Pioneer Sub

STS127
12-29-06, 05:23 PM
Those any good? Read reviews online and people say for the price they are actually pretty decent nothing special but a good value. Anybody have one or hear them? The one I'm talking about is the blue 12-I think they are rated at 800W but not positive.

dp102288
12-29-06, 09:37 PM
800 watts for $60 surely sounds good. Even makes me interested. Got a link?

STS127
12-29-06, 09:48 PM
800 watts for $60 surely sounds good. Even makes me interested. Got a link?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16662

CadillacSTS42005
12-30-06, 12:19 AM
get what you pay for
nuff said...
that said box is everything, heck in a good box a sony will sound good... doesnt mean id ever buy a sony, but imagine what a GOOD sub will sound in a good box...

yourgmsolutions
12-30-06, 02:44 AM
imagine what a GOOD sub will sound in a good box...

hey man, tried to send you PM but your mail box is full. anyway, how is your project coming along ? did you ever buy Nav radio from the guy that had his dad XLR tricked out (supposevly)

STS127
12-30-06, 11:06 AM
get what you pay for
nuff said...
that said box is everything, heck in a good box a sony will sound good... doesnt mean id ever buy a sony, but imagine what a GOOD sub will sound in a good box...

I agree a good box is they key to having a good system. I've heard Sony's in a good box compared to MTX's in not a very good box and in my opinon the Sony had better sound quality.

the727kid
01-06-07, 03:33 AM
I agree a good box is they key to having a good system. I've heard Sony's in a good box compared to MTX's in not a very good box and in my opinon the Sony had better sound quality.

I'll see it when I believe it. Maybe some 4500s or something lol. I used to think like that until I got more into audio. Box isn't everything really, more of hitting certain FQs than SQ. Unless of course your tuning extremely high, in which case you wouldn't even own a poor quality sub because you want SPL. Anyways I think a Kicker CVR is your best bet in that price range, I think they are liek $75.