: adding factory Navigation to 03 escalade

Nasty Black Lac
12-29-06, 04:01 PM
I asked to parts department at a local Cadillac dealer about adding the factory navigation system to my escalade. He claims I can only put an aftermarket navigation system in. He is an idioit, correct?

Rays2kCaddy
12-29-06, 05:54 PM
Yes he is an idioit. They told me the same thing. I added to my 03 and love it to death. I also just added XM and it works through the nav. Go for it.

D-man
12-29-06, 11:18 PM
Yes he is an idioit. They told me the same thing. I added to my 03 and love it to death. I also just added XM and it works through the nav. Go for it.

YES in CAPS/BOLD: He is an idiot and tell him that I said so:helpless: Almost 1.5 years ago, I added a factory 2005 Touchscreen Nav and the GPS antennae to my 03 EXT and it has worked perfect the entire time. I found the unit/antennae on Ebay for ($1extra large). The guy was local to me and I went and picked the items up and installed them the next day.

Here is a pic and you can tell by the horn/airbag cover that mine is a 2003. WOW!!! Looks like the Nav is working fine to me.:histeric:

"D-man"

benamaster
12-29-06, 11:53 PM
Now all you need to do is get a 2005 Gauge Cluster and it would be hard to tell outside of that airbag cover.

Papi_MaC
12-31-06, 06:31 PM
would it work on an '02? :hmm:

benamaster
12-31-06, 07:37 PM
would it work on an '02? :hmm:

No, the 2002 uses different connectors and has a smaller opening. The best you could do would be to get a 2003 and Up Bezel and then put in an aftermarket double din size navigation.

D-man
12-31-06, 10:32 PM
Now all you need to do is get a 2005 Gauge Cluster and it would be hard to tell outside of that airbag cover.

Yeah, I was originally going with an 05 Platinum ESV interior, etc. but now I am selling this one with the 07 coming.

"D-man"

benamaster
12-31-06, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I was originally going with an 05 Platinum ESV interior, etc. but now I am selling this one with the 07 coming.

"D-man"

Planning on doing the same thing here. Are you trading yours in with the Touchscreen?

emho46
03-06-07, 07:13 PM
I have a 2003 also and want to replace the radio with a 2006 nav system from eBay also but I wasn't sure that it will work. The system is a touch screen system. Also the seller would like $100 to reset the unit for plug and play and I wasn't sure what that means. From what I have read here it looks like this is possible. I did call a GM dealer and was told the 2003 part number have been discontinued so he couldn't tell me if it would work or not.

Can anyone tell me if it does work so I don't waste my money and also tell me if 100 buck for the programming for plug and play is a hoak?

Synergetic
03-06-07, 08:05 PM
I have a 2003 also and want to replace the radio with a 2006 nav system from eBay also but I wasn't sure that it will work. The system is a touch screen system. Also the seller would like $100 to reset the unit for plug and play and I wasn't sure what that means. From what I have read here it looks like this is possible. I did call a GM dealer and was told the 2003 part number have been discontinued so he couldn't tell me if it would work or not.

Can anyone tell me if it does work so I don't waste my money and also tell me if 100 buck for the programming for plug and play is a hoak?

It means that the dealer needs to clear the VIN on the old unit to work with your vehicle. Have the dealer clear the VIN, not the seller.

emho46
03-06-07, 09:28 PM
Thanks Synergetic,

By the way would you happen to know what the dealer would charge for clearing the vin # from the unit?

Synergetic
03-06-07, 09:56 PM
Thanks Synergetic,

By the way would you happen to know what the dealer would charge for clearing the vin # from the unit?

No idea, but I'm sure its a lot less expensive than $100. Good luck.

benamaster
03-06-07, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't think that the dealer would charge more than a half hour or an hour labor.

djmodifyd
03-07-07, 10:26 AM
i've heard right around 30-50 for dealer to use the techII to unlock

Synergetic
03-07-07, 10:41 AM
i've heard right around 30-50 for dealer to use the techII to unlock

Yes, correct, I think thats what its about.

yourgmsolutions
03-07-07, 10:49 AM
I have equipment that I can unlock those radios and clear vin#, then no need to go to the dealer.
free to members on this forum. just pay shipping charges

Escolade
03-07-07, 12:46 PM
gm geek,

Say for instance someone were to get a unit out of a Tahoe, when you clear the VIN will the unit going into an Escalade be Cadillac speciffic and do the things such as bring up the Cadillac emblem on startup like it was installed from the factory on a Cadillac?

emho46
03-07-07, 01:15 PM
gm_geek

What type of equipment is used? I am just curious, is it a Tech 2? If you could email me your address once I get the unit I will send it to you.

thanks for all your help.

:thumbsup:

emho46.

yourgmsolutions
03-07-07, 01:21 PM
gm geek,

Say for instance someone were to get a unit out of a Tahoe, when you clear the VIN will the unit going into an Escalade be Cadillac speciffic and do the things such as bring up the Cadillac emblem on startup like it was installed from the factory on a Cadillac?

chevy/gmc nav radios are not the same as escalade or denali. they look the same, but they are not.
once vin# cleared and after you plug it into your vehicle, radio will recodnise by comunicating with BCM what vehicle is it in. and will display spesific logo

yourgmsolutions
03-07-07, 01:23 PM
gm_geek

What type of equipment is used? I am just curious, is it a Tech 2? If you could email me your address once I get the unit I will send it to you.

thanks for all your help.

:thumbsup:

emho46.

it's not a tech2, it's a different equipment and software that does that

painless76
03-10-07, 10:03 PM
I also have a 2003 EXT. There is a stubby antenna on the roof, drivers side, and a small blade antenna on the passenger side roof. I am assuming those are OnStar and XM. Where does the GPS antenna go for your navigation system? I have been trying to get your setup for 3 years and this is the first time I have seen anyone do it.
Thanks!

Eldo1953
03-10-07, 10:19 PM
I also have a 2003 EXT. There is a stubby antenna on the roof, drivers side, and a small blade antenna on the passenger side roof. I am assuming those are OnStar and XM. Where does the GPS antenna go for your navigation system? I have been trying to get your setup for 3 years and this is the first time I have seen anyone do it.
Thanks!

It goes under the dash pad: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/21681-need-part-number-2005-escalade-touch-4.html?highlight=install+overhead

painless76
03-11-07, 12:24 AM
Thanks. That was a lot of information but I am now confident I can do it!

Land55
03-14-07, 09:23 PM
Hey everyone, new guy to the site. Just purchased new nav system for 03 escalade. Have no idea how to install. Tried FAQ's for instrustions but could not locate. Anyone have instructions they could email to me. Thanks for saving my dash.

flyingdutchman
03-20-07, 01:31 PM
Try this link

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/36738/delphi_tnr800_install_guide.pdf