: Storage area

Oso
12-29-06, 02:22 PM
I have a base 2005 without the third row. There is a little storage area right by the hatch plus the two in the fenderwells. Is there another storage area where the 3 row seat would have gone? And if there is, how do I access it?:rave:

robhersch
12-29-06, 03:50 PM
I believe the storage system where 3rd seat goes is std on SRX V8; extra cost option on V6; sounds like you have a V6 w/o option.

c5 rv
12-29-06, 09:48 PM
If you have the rear storage system, the load floor atop the storage system is flush with the bottom sill of the rear hatch. You gain 3 shallow storage bins, but lose height in the storage area and loose items in the cargo area can roll against the liftgate and fall out if you park uphill (or even level) and open the liftgate. One day my wife was very disappointed to hear about the demise of a honeydew melon in our driveway. Now, I always back up the driveway so the front of the SRX is lower than the rear.

robhersch
12-30-06, 03:42 PM
The rear storage assembly is only bolt in and it can easily be removed if you worry about your melons rolling out; but you could also put your melons in the rear safety net a alternative to "backing in".
Happy New Year!

c5 rv
12-30-06, 06:50 PM
There was no net included in my 06. It's part of a cargo accessory group I could buy from the parts dept. :rolleyes:

TSS
12-30-06, 08:14 PM
c5rv - capitol cadillac can get you the cargo net as a stand alone accessory . I love mine.

c5 rv
12-30-06, 09:03 PM
Thanks, I may do that when I take it in for service in the next month.

robhersch
12-31-06, 02:21 PM
Thanks, I may do that when I take it in for service in the next month.

You may also find a variety of aftermarket storage nets at AutoZone, PepBoys, Kragen, etc.

Oso
01-02-07, 09:22 AM
Thanks, I couldn't find it and thought maybe I was missing something. The cargo net sounds like the way to go.

:usflag:

mjk
01-02-07, 11:30 AM
c5rv - capitol cadillac can get you the cargo net as a stand alone accessory . I love mine.

I swapped nets with my wife who drives an I30t because it fits better in the SRX that the original one. Go figure???
:bonkers:

TSS
01-02-07, 01:51 PM
I had many extras lying around at home too, but none fit like I wanted. The SRX net fits the best for me.

j123456k
01-07-07, 12:24 AM
My wife and I just bought a new 2007 V8 SRX with the rear storage compartment and are looking for cargo net to put groceries and other loose items in. We called Cadillac and they quoted their cargo net at $230. Although I paid $40K+ for the car, on principal, I am finding it difficult to pay $230 for something that should be priced around $30 - $50......or should have been included with the vehicle.

Has anyone found a reasonable priced cargo net from a source other than Cadillac?

Thanks,

Jeff

TSS
01-07-07, 10:23 AM
That price is wrong. I would call back the dealer (or another dealer). If I recall, the cargo net was in the $40.00 price zone from my dealer.

j123456k
01-07-07, 11:44 AM
TSS,

Thanks for the reply. I totally agree that $40 sounds more like it. I called two Cadillac Dealers and they both said $230.......so I guess I will call some more dealers. Maybe there is a mistake in the Cadillac computer system........after I called the first dealer, I called another dealer and talked with the parts manager and he confirmed that the price in the system showed $230.

Jeff

TSS
01-08-07, 10:24 AM
It is just a net that fits well in the SRX - nothing more. PM me and I'll get you in touch w/ someone who knows what they are talking about at my dealership.