Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  devilleconcours100 
#1 ·
When I idle the deville in park it runs fine. I changed the battery not too long ago, and had to let it sit in park and idle for 25 minutes while the computers were recalibrated. It ran great. But sometimes when I am out on the road, and come to a stop light, or go through a drive thru, it idles strangely. It idles low then high and I can hear a little knock like noise, but when I go and either accelerate or put the car in park, it ends immediately. I am somewhat lost as to what to do, and I haven't taken the car to the mechanic I use (Warsaw Chevrolet-Oldsmobile), and was hoping that I could wait until my next oil change to do so (usually if I want a minor problem diagnosed, and I came in for an oil change, they do it for free), but if anybody has an idea as to what this is, please let me know. I am working in real estate now, (have finally left auto sales and repairs behind), and have to have a reliable car, (also have a Lincoln Town Car:eek: and a Mercedes S Class (both were required to join the realtors associatation;) ), so if it quits, I have something to drive, but I enjoy my caddy so much, I like to run it.)
Happy New Year, Dave.

#6 ·
The thing about the benz and town car was a joke an associate told me after I got into real estate. :D . Glad to see it got a response. Anyway, did the Idle relearn, still have the same problem. Checked the diagnostics, and there were no current or past history codes. I assume that to clean the throttle body, it would need to be removed from the car?
Thanks, and God Bless,
Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.