: Rear View Camera

racingf1
12-29-06, 09:33 AM
Anyone know of a cosmetically clean installation of a rear view camera?:yup: :yup:
Currently own 07 w/ theater pkg.

Mike_S_30189
12-29-06, 10:07 AM
I reviously had a post on this with mixed results. You may want to do a search.

I also have an 07 with theatre package and would love to have rear view camera.

racingf1
12-30-06, 10:05 AM
Hi Mike,
I think were SOL. To bad an American "Luxury" car does not offer it. Or, a power folding outside rear view mirror to name a few.
p.s. if I find something nice I will e-mail you.
John

afg350ci
01-02-07, 09:48 AM
I installed an aftermarket back-up camera on '05 SRX. The model is JK-119T. I cannot remember the manufacturer, but I'm sure you can google it.

Here's a picture:

You can check with a local installer to see if your Navigation unit has an auxilliary input, as many do. If not, there are also universal monitors that you can install. I was most impressed with the ones that are behind the Rear View Mirror.

Here's a picture:

Hope this helps.

MortnCyn
01-02-07, 04:09 PM
afg350ci: Did the bracket interfere with the handle on the rear hatch at all?
I had tried to put a license bracket on the rear plate and it interfered with the handle. Or at least it did on the '04 and I doubt there is any difference on our '05.

yourgmsolutions
01-02-07, 04:34 PM
I've been looking schematics for 07 SRX with Nav.
Nav radio does have camera input (so you can see image through nav radio when in reverse).
But there is a note says "export only" that also means that camera it's self is available
I'm sure computer can be tricked, but unfortunately can't put my hands on one of those yet, to confirm if reprogramming can be done. but I already made a plug for it

afg350ci
01-03-07, 10:57 AM
afg350ci: Did the bracket interfere with the handle on the rear hatch at all?
I had tried to put a license bracket on the rear plate and it interfered with the handle. Or at least it did on the '04 and I doubt there is any difference on our '05.

I didn't have any problems with the bracket interfering with the handle. On my '05, there is plenty of clearance. Should be the same on your '04. Note that the camera that I showed is a very thin bracket. I installed it with the camera at the top so that I would have less wiring exposed.

afg350ci
01-03-07, 10:59 AM
I've been looking schematics for 07 SRX with Nav.
Nav radio does have camera input (so you can see image through nav radio when in reverse).
But there is a note says "export only" that also means that camera it's self is available
I'm sure computer can be tricked, but unfortunately can't put my hands on one of those yet, to confirm if reprogramming can be done. but I already made a plug for it

Since the input is there, it should (in theory) activate automatically when the camera powers up. I provided power to the camera from the reverse lights so that everything works together. I would be great if you could get your hands on one to test it out.

Smokin' SRX
01-04-07, 05:42 PM
Anyone know of a cosmetically clean installation of a rear view camera?:yup: :yup:
Currently own 07 w/ theater pkg.

I saw a OE style kit offered for pre -07 Yukons and SRX's about 5 months ago in Motor Trend or Car & Driver , magazine! Said it would interface with touch screen Nav (SRX) or push button Nav (like Trailblazer/Envoy) It had a short name.....like MKH or GEM or ........something! Sorry! But it's out there! I will look as I may have saved it.
Must have the factory OEM Nav system however!