: cts led tail lights ?

stivzuno
12-28-06, 03:20 PM
does any one know of any aftermarket company that offers led tail laghts for the CTS-V ? seems that GM forgot about us they offer the led's on all the other models but not the CTS ! maybe it's just me but i think the stock's are a little boreing. Thank's for any info on this one..........S
P.S. and one more thing : if any high level GM heads read this i wonder where the back-up warning system is on the CTS-V ? should be standard equipment on a 50K at this day and age! just my 2c worth.

HiTechRV
12-28-06, 06:38 PM
I'd watch the 2007 NIAS announcement for the 2008 CTS...

svassh
12-28-06, 10:05 PM
P.S. and one more thing : if any high level GM heads read this i wonder where the back-up warning system is on the CTS-V ? should be standard equipment on a 50K at this day and age! just my 2c worth.

No kidding, I'm pissed at myself as I backed into a wall in the parking garage. If ever a car needed backup sensors its this one. You can't see anything.

stivzuno
12-29-06, 10:06 AM
I'd watch the 2007 NIAS announcement for the 2008 CTS...
The Detroit Free Press had a picture of the front end of the 2008 CTS front end kind of uncovered ! no pics of the side or back though ! looked good ,big grill ,bigged than the 2007 ! more of a DTS look but nicer! living in the Detroit area i guess will see it live real soon!
Still can't believe that no one has LED tail lamps for this car the 04 to 07! they have them for every thing else it seams,go figure?

stivzuno
12-29-06, 10:15 AM
No kidding, I'm pissed at myself as I backed into a wall in the parking garage. If ever a car needed backup sensors its this one. You can't see anything.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that feels this way! i agree the CTS has a huge blind spot and a very high back end very dificult to judge distance when backing up!! This is a Caddy , no Caddy should be without these !! specialy top of the line model:tisk:

trukk
12-29-06, 10:55 AM
Still can't believe that no one has LED tail lamps for this car the 04 to 07! they have them for every thing else it seams,go figure?

I'd ask this, and other 'appearance' type mods over in the regular CTS forum. If anyone has figured it out, it would be the Lambo Door forum....err CTS forum.

-Chris

HiTechRV
12-29-06, 12:16 PM
Cars usually have the technology that was available for a reasonable price (give the car's MSRP) at the time of design. The CTS current features are limited by the fact that it was designed some time ago, and it originally had a <$30k starting price (I think it is back there now with the 2.8l).

I'm hoping to see lots of cool, current Caddy features on the '08 CTS, which should bode well for the 2009 CTS-V features.

Florian
12-29-06, 12:18 PM
If anyone has figured it out, it would be the Lambo Door forum....err CTS forum.

-Chris

Thats a gem. Especially that tool that leased his CTS, then put lambo doors on it and a V fascia.....what a dildo.

F

trukk
12-29-06, 03:50 PM
Thats a gem. Especially that tool that leased his CTS, then put lambo doors on it and a V fascia.....what a dildo.

F

It had phat rims though yo.

:word:

-Chris

Florian
12-29-06, 05:59 PM
It had phat rims though yo.

:word:

-Chris

:thumbdown: :duh: :yeah: fo shizzle.

F

commander112
12-29-06, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, quit picking on that guy. It was his money and his taste. Too bad it was all done on GM's car!

Mark

Black Sunshine
12-29-06, 07:25 PM
I'm getting ready to buy a box full of light bars and plug in LED's. Anyone know where I can find a good used set of tail lights for small dolla?

wildwhl
12-30-06, 10:16 AM

What a bunch of whiny chicks. The V has plenty of rear vision, the passenger mirror tilts in reverse, and there's even a rearview mirror.

Want to bitch about something? Try backing up in my Exige :lildevil:

Geez, I leave for a while and this turns into the panzymanschoolgirls forum (PMS for short).

Where's CVP when you need him :banghead:

LUVMY04V
12-30-06, 10:50 AM
I'm getting ready to buy a box full of light bars and plug in LED's. Anyone know where I can find a good used set of tail lights for small dolla?http://autolumination.com/

MikeB066
12-30-06, 08:16 PM
Those of us in the "Lambo Doors Forum" (ahem) I mean CTS Forum are hoping that the '08 CTS will have LED tail lights so we can retrofit them onto first-gen CTS's if the shape is in any way similar. We will all know in January...

Florian, your biting comments always, always kill me because I end up dieing from laughter. Thanks for your constant contribution to the forums!

stivzuno
01-12-07, 10:53 AM
I'm getting ready to buy a box full of light bars and plug in LED's. Anyone know where I can find a good used set of tail lights for small dolla? please let us know what you come-up with ??

Woody_MI
01-12-07, 11:17 AM
It would be nice if they came up with a sensor that doesn't put quarter sized holes in the bumpers. I think it looks like crap and opt'd not to get it on my previous car.

I think I seen somewhere that BMW or Mercedes has come up with a new design that doesn't require the sensor to be exposed, but I can't recall where I seen it.

chrisalteregokelley@
01-15-07, 12:02 AM
I saw the ones on the new 08 V. We'll have to c if we can modify the inner workings to fit the 1st generation