: the beginning of my lemon law saga - video

cjones
12-28-06, 01:27 PM
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Mailing out my certified letter documenting my problems to Cadillac this afternoon.

I go to the PRI show and shoot a bunch of videos of me interviewing companies about their LSx parts and being all enthusiastic about this engine and then on the way home from the show this unfolds.

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/2421093d-d063-4ea5-89b3-98a500aa04d9.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2421093d-d063-4ea5-89b3-98a500aa04d9.htm)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2421093d-d063-4ea5-89b3-98a500aa04d9.htm)

The Tony Show
12-28-06, 01:37 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble, but I can't say I appreciate the "help" with the resale value and reputation.

I wouldn't hold my breath for them to help you after pissing on them in public, either.

Seattle CTS-V
12-28-06, 01:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your car - that sucks.

Oh, and thanks for posting this video and basically taking $$ straight out of our resale pockets...

Why would you try to drive a car in that condition anyway? You're putting others in danger. If you did get a ticket for going too slow then it's completely your fault. Again, sorry about the car but use some common sense.

The Tony Show
12-28-06, 01:48 PM
OMG, cars break down sometimes!! Shocking report at 11 !!

:rolleyes:

To answer your question, BMW would have towed it to the nearest dealer also. You would have had to dig their number out of the owner's manual because it doesn't have OnStar.

Sorry to jump on you, but the way you're handling this is really counterproductive. You've hurt every single person who owns a V (the people who have been here to help you in the past) by posting this on StreetFire.

AmesCTS-V
12-28-06, 02:02 PM
I enjoyed the commentary as much as anything. Gave me a good laugh.

Obviously if you have had the car in 3 or 4 times for this you should get a new car from GM. It should Lemon Law. I believe you need to notify them of the Lemon Law and give them one more chance to fix it.

It does seem like you are labeling this a CTS-V problem like they are all like yours. Make enough of anything a few duds get out. I don't have these problems and it get annoying when all V's get this label. But pretty much everything with a forum has these kinds of this thing is a POS threads; cars, Tivo, Xbox, yada yada.

AmesCTS-V
12-28-06, 02:06 PM
I've Lemon Law'd a car. Just so you know in the video you once said you had it in 3 times; another time you said 4. You'll want to get that straight, they will ask and changing the number of times won't fly. They will want dates and they will want the incidents to be for the same thing. Also they will get another chance to fix the car.

CIWS
12-28-06, 02:24 PM
It sucks you've had this kind of problems with your car, but to label all CTS-Vs as having the same problems as your car simply isn't accurate. I'm just going to wait and see if GM/Cadillac use your own video against you in your hearing.

Jon
12-28-06, 02:31 PM
As much as I feel your pain, I don't think you're gonna get anything from GM after posting a video which shows you driving your car hundreds of miles after the CEL came on.

LUVMY04V
12-28-06, 02:32 PM
wow faster than a snail with a hard on ---sounds like 2 blonde donkeys screwing or somthing like that your one liners are pricless
and dont be a bmw unless you want to go crusing with rich dumb girls and queer guys K thanks :D

BowenCT
12-28-06, 02:38 PM
Sorry about your issues.

Everyone needs to relax a little. This video is not going to aid in the depreciation of the CTS-V. If you want to be pissed at someone about depreciation, be pissed at the dealers who sell brand new CTS-Vs at $10k under MSRP.

Silver Dollar
12-28-06, 02:51 PM
If you want to be pissed at someone about depreciation, be pissed at the dealers who sell brand new CTS-Vs at $10k under MSRP.

Unless you bought one at that price :)

The Tony Show
12-28-06, 02:52 PM
Or at the customers who rake us over the coals and refuse to pay a profit, waiting until GM has to come out with incentives to move them.

;)

BowenCT
12-28-06, 02:54 PM
Unless you bought one at that price :)

You are correct.

AmesCTS-V
12-28-06, 02:59 PM
I got my V with a ton of incentives; but I wasn't waiting or even looking for a deal. I had my Silvy SS and wasn't planning on trading until a test drove a V for fun. It just turned out I was buying at the right time.

If it makes anyone feel any better I was one of the first to get a GTO so I paid sticker price on that.

The Tony Show
12-28-06, 03:19 PM
I wasn't necessarily pointing to anyone here- I'm just sayin'........:D

As far as the resale issue from things like this video, it absolutely matters. Little things like this add up to public perception, which in turn hurts sales, which creates incentives, which kills resale.

I'm sure there were plenty of people at GM over the last 30 years who thought plenty of "little things" like this wouldn't hurt the company in the long run, and they're just now starting to climb out of the hole. It's especially damning when millions of people have instant access to it, versus the word of mouth or magazine articles of 15 years ago.

Florian
12-28-06, 03:23 PM
jonesy...that vid is too funny. Id be pissed too. Get er done!

F

svassh
12-28-06, 03:40 PM
I love the OnStar guy that tells him to buy an M6. ROFLMAO.

PS: I can't wait for the 335 video to come out.

Kadonny
12-28-06, 03:52 PM
svassh, I thought that was his friend he had on the onstar calling, not the onstar representative, but I could be wrong.

Funny video. I think you went overboard a bit, but your basic premise of taping what is wrong with the car is acutally a great idea.

I hope it works out for you whatever happens.

AmesCTS-V
12-28-06, 04:03 PM
Yeah I think that was his friend, definitely didn't sound like an OnStar person.

svassh
12-28-06, 04:26 PM
svassh, I thought that was his friend he had on the onstar calling, not the onstar representative, but I could be wrong.

I'll give it another listen, had the kids in the room with me so volume down and Jonesey likes to hear himself swear.:alchi:

CIWS
12-28-06, 05:29 PM

I would be curious why someone that could afford an M6 would be buying a V ?

I think most of this crowd (not all) would be buying a C6 06 and pocket the change or mod that.

CIWS
12-28-06, 05:30 PM
As much as I feel your pain, I don't think you're gonna get anything from GM after posting a video which shows you driving your car hundreds of miles after the CEL came on.

:thumbsup:

The Tony Show
12-28-06, 06:27 PM
:yeah:

"Yeah, I've got it to the floor and it's pinging like crazy!"

Not the best way to lay blame on GM for damages.

Jon
12-28-06, 06:49 PM
One more question I forgot to ask..

What gear were you in when you were floored?

digital
12-28-06, 06:55 PM
:histeric: @ people crying about resale.

I hope you get your car fixed, good luck

nxlr8
12-28-06, 07:22 PM
I would be curious why someone that could afford an M6 would be buying a V ?

I think most of this crowd (not all) would be buying a C6 06 and pocket the change or mod that.

I'm pretty sure he said he COULDN't afford an M6...

Anyway... agreed on the "way to kill the resale on the one's who have helped you" comment... (not that I plan on selling...)

I woulda been having it towed when it first went "bad"... no way would I have driven that far and DOCUMENTED the "abuse"... what may have started as something small was probably worsened exponentially by driving further.

DILLIGAF
12-28-06, 07:34 PM
Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Mailing out my certified letter documenting my problems to Cadillac this afternoon.

I go to the PRI show and shoot a bunch of videos of me interviewing companies about their LSx parts and being all enthusiastic about this engine and then on the way home from the show this unfolds.

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/2421093d-d063-4ea5-89b3-98a500aa04d9.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2421093d-d063-4ea5-89b3-98a500aa04d9.htm)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2421093d-d063-4ea5-89b3-98a500aa04d9.htm)
HAHAHA,loved the vid:worship: You have a right to be pissed,if more people took vids of incompetent dealers,leaky asses,peeled nav buttons,broken sail panels,ext,ext,ext,maybe there would be some good fixes out there for free!BTW,not a fan of the ls2 anyway:stirpot:

DILLIGAF
12-28-06, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty sure he said he COULDN't afford an M6...

Anyway... agreed on the "way to kill the resale on the one's who have helped you" comment... (not that I plan on selling...)

I woulda been having it towed when it first went "bad"... no way would I have driven that far and DOCUMENTED the "abuse"... what may have started as something small was probably worsened exponentially by driving further.
If my car was stock and the stealer couldn't-wouldn't fix it,I would have been doing that 45mph in 2nd the whole time.He's not killing resale here or abusing that car.It's a wonder the cel even came on.The guys cars a POS(a lemon) it happens,no biggie.:thepan:

Dennisscars
12-28-06, 09:01 PM
If I was the service manger I wouldn't warranty any collateral damage caused by driving a wounded animal especially if you've documented it to the world. We call that "evidence" where I come from. :nono:

Dude, have that sucker towed to a Honda dealer and year end trade. :thumbsup:

Gordy Petrovski
12-28-06, 09:46 PM
Here is one for U 43K miles 40K with Magi. & no Prob.:cheers:

nikon
12-28-06, 10:17 PM
wow faster than a snail with a hard on ---sounds like 2 blonde donkeys screwing or somthing like that your one liners are pricless
and dont be a bmw unless you want to go crusing with rich dumb girls and queer guys K thanks :D

whoa whoa...your saying there's something wrong with rich (hot) dumb girls...your crazy...their fun.....and that sucks about your car...and honestly I dont see how this is killing re-sale value..even though alot of people are on the internet the typical older buyer of this car usually isnt computer savvy, which is where all these complaints are.....what are we worried about resale value for anyways...dont all you guys love your car as much as I love mine?? the only resale value I can think of is when the junk yard takes it away because the wheels fell off at 300k...ok maybee not..but I do plan on holding onto mine for a long while.

DILLIGAF
12-28-06, 10:40 PM
Here is one for U 43K miles 40K with Magi. & no Prob.:cheers:
Gordy lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to get down there in a couple months,family and all good I hope?:yup:

zozmanCTS-V
12-28-06, 10:48 PM
After watching that video, he looks like he deserves a lemon. :bonkers:

Randy

CTS NV
12-29-06, 12:20 AM
Having been back to the dealer 3 times for a leaky diff to no avail, I do sympathize with this situation.

While entertaining, the video would impart a bit more credibility if it lost some profanity and sarcasm. Not trying to be critical, but your laundry list of repairs speaks for itself just fine.

Corresponding directly with Cadillac/GM management first may be a better choice. That's what worked for me with BMW after blowing an engine on my BMW M3. My two lessons learned from that experience:
1) Always send your complaints in writing to someone that matters, with an end goal in mind
2) BMWs are far from perfect

Good luck!

Florian
12-29-06, 12:33 AM
if more people took vids of leaky asses,:

10 foot pole here....not touchin that one!

F

trekster
12-29-06, 12:42 AM
10 foot pole here....not touchin that one!

F
20 foot pole here.

rgd
12-29-06, 04:34 AM
After watching that video, he looks like he deserves a lemon. :bonkers:

Randy

Or a Yugo!

Loadtoad
12-29-06, 06:04 AM
I like the part where he says that GM will buy the car back or else he will post the video of him blowing off Onstar's assistance and driving the car home then he just posts the video anyways.

turbojimmy
12-29-06, 08:21 AM
Good luck with the Lemon Law. I'd say you had a shot until you threw all common sense out the window, ignored the warning signs designed to protect the car from further damage and drove it 200 miles anyway. The video is the evidence Cadillac needs to defend themselves in the case. The video wasn't really a compelling documentary of bad GM quality, rather it showed someone who took what appeared to be a relatively minor problem and used it to create a major one. I don't think GM is really going to care that it's on streetfire.

Yeah, you had troubles with the car but what could have been a relatively simple ignition system failure was compounded by your continuing to drive the vehicle despite advice otherwise - both from OnStar and the vehicle's warning systems. My guess is that you will be stuck with it and you're going to have to live with the long term damage caused by your little stunt. The car obviously got really hot. The failing ignition system meant that you were washing down the cylinder walls with fuel (fuel is not a good lubricant), probably baked the cats, and now you complain it has a valve train tick? If you're lucky the engine will come apart while still under warranty.

Jim

The Tony Show
12-29-06, 09:21 AM
The failing ignition system meant that you were washing down the cylinder walls with fuel (fuel is not a good lubricant), probably baked the cats, and now you complain it has a valve train tick?

Jim

Not to mention the fuel going past the rings and contaminating the oil system, creating a gas/oil mix that won't lubricate worth a damn. Pull that dipstick and take a sniff of your oil.

GT04CTS-V
12-29-06, 09:30 AM
Wooo - Hoooo, your video gives new meaning to the saying:

Drove it like you stole it!

GT

urbanski
12-29-06, 09:56 AM
i loved your sense of humor and comments, priceless.
best of luck man.

cjones
12-29-06, 10:09 AM
It was my roommate. I sent off a certified letter yesterday to Cadillac in accordance with the Georgia Lemon Law. After all this I'm still getting some weird noise from the engine, I'm guessing exhaust leak but I'll just lump it in with all the engine related problems I've been having.

Cadillac has done a shitty job with this car, how many people on here have had their differential replaced with a better one only to have it die? How about when they "fixed" the wheel-hop issue in 06 also and it'll still make your knock your fillings loose.

Look at the video we made about the LSx engine or other interviews I've done (and are posted or will be soon) where I'm obviously in love with these motors. I'm far from a GM basher I've had an f-body and 2 C5s but somewhere a line has to be drawn.

cjones
12-29-06, 10:14 AM
Been trying and all I've got all week is that the service manager at the dealer and my service rep at Cadillac corporate have been playing phone tag.

BMWs are far from perfect but when you take it in for service you get a BMW. The last two times before this I got freaking $20k Pontiacs to drive because they didn't have any Cadillacs. When I had my C5 and took it in for service Chevy game me a Geo Metro. Come on, that's BS and not how you treat a customer with a $50k car.

If Cadillac makes this right I'll happily either remove the video or edit it with a nice happy ending on how they made it right.

Having been back to the dealer 3 times for a leaky diff to no avail, I do sympathize with this situation.

While entertaining, the video would impart a bit more credibility if it lost some profanity and sarcasm. Not trying to be critical, but your laundry list of repairs speaks for itself just fine.

Corresponding directly with Cadillac/GM management first may be a better choice. That's what worked for me with BMW after blowing an engine on my BMW M3. My two lessons learned from that experience:
1) Always send your complaints in writing to someone that matters, with an end goal in mind
2) BMWs are far from perfect

Good luck!

cjones
12-29-06, 10:18 AM
Than tow it to my dealership so I don't have to drive 250 miles from my house to pick it up from a dealer who doesn't know the car for a problem that should have already been fixed. The car did what it was supposed to, it went into limp home mode so I could limp it home. That's not abuse, that's a "feature" of the car. ;-)

If I was the service manger I wouldn't warranty any collateral damage caused by driving a wounded animal especially if you've documented it to the world. We call that "evidence" where I come from. :nono:

Dude, have that sucker towed to a Honda dealer and year end trade. :thumbsup:

DILLIGAF
12-29-06, 10:24 AM
Than tow it to my dealership so I don't have to drive 250 miles from my house to pick it up from a dealer who doesn't know the car for a problem that should have already been fixed. The car did what it was supposed to, it went into limp home mode so I could limp it home. That's not abuse, that's a "feature" of the car. ;-)
I agree 100%,I don't get these guys saying abuse either:bonkers:
Again,
loved the vid:highfive:

Dennisscars
12-29-06, 11:04 AM
Limp mode is simply to get you off the expressway so you don't get plowed by a Peterbilt. A friend of mine with a, slower silver, V was out of town and had his car towed to the nearest dealer, they gave him a loaner he finished his trip, repaired his car, and had his car towed (flat bed) to his house. If your dealer didn't/couldn't fix it, maybe the out of town dealer could have. Heck, since it was a engine issue I would have tried a Corvette/Chevy dealer. If they kept it too long and you have their loaner, post smokey burn outs on the forum. :shhh:

I'd be worried about longer term damage to my car. But if you trade regularly, no worries..

I don't think your going to get the magic call from GM corporate, going "please please we're scared please take down your blog.." :yawn:

In today's dollars $50k is not a king's ransom. A suburban is well over that. And Blah blah Cadillac.. Cadillac is just another GM product, no longer is it standard of the world. If you want the white coat attention you'll need something over $150k.

I'd file this under Shiat happens... I sympathize with your frustration but don't agree or support your approach.

Silver Dollar
12-29-06, 11:29 AM
In today's dollars $50k is not a king's ransom. A suburban is well over that....

And as mentioned several times, $50k isn’t even the price of a CTS-V.

You can by a brand new one in the low $40's. That's in the loaded pick up truck territory.

Look, we really focus too much on the negative aspects of the CTS-V on this forum.

Yeah, it ain't a BMW.

The first clue should have been when you pulled into the dealership with the big crest on the sign instead of the Luftwaffe propeller blade.

The second clue should have been when you signed the check and didn't have to tell your daughter that she would be transferring from Yale to Bumfuct Community College this semester.

P-Funk
12-29-06, 11:54 AM
Limp mode is simply to get you off the expressway so you don't get plowed by a Peterbilt. A friend of mine with a, slower silver, V was out of town and had his car towed to the nearest dealer, they gave him a loaner he finished his trip, repaired his car, and had his car towed (flat bed) to his house. If your dealer didn't/couldn't fix it, maybe the out of town dealer could have. Heck, since it was a engine issue I would have tried a Corvette/Chevy dealer. If they kept it too long and you have their loaner, post smokey burn outs on the forum. :shhh:

I'd be worried about longer term damage to my car. But if you trade regularly, no worries..

I don't think your going to get the magic call from GM corporate, going "please please we're scared please take down your blog.." :yawn:

In today's dollars $50k is not a king's ransom. A suburban is well over that. And Blah blah Cadillac.. Cadillac is just another GM product, no longer is it standard of the world. If you want the white coat attention you'll need something over $150k.

I'd file this under Shiat happens... I sympathize with your frustration but don't agree or support your approach.

:word:

turbojimmy
12-29-06, 11:57 AM
I agree 100%,I don't get these guys saying abuse either:bonkers:
Again,
loved the vid:highfive:

Limp mode is just to get you out of harms way, not 250 miles (he said 150 in the video, but whatever). That was abuse. Driven to the point where you have to put the windows down because of the strong gas and coolant smell. Continued to drive it even after getting out and filming the bottom end sounding like a box of rocks. If your car was not under warranty (i.e., you are responsible for the cost of repairs), would you have continued to drive the car? I wouldn't have, but maybe I'm :bonkers:

Jim

Dooman
12-29-06, 12:21 PM
Good show! I got to watch it again on the SRT-8 forum too...

The Tony Show
12-29-06, 12:55 PM
^ My point exactly. Now the SRT8 guys all get a giggle about "how shitty our cars are" (according to the video).

Holmes815
12-29-06, 01:16 PM
I think the video showed how not to handle something correctly; if anything document what happened for LEGAL not entertainment purposes. I also agree by showing a 200+ mile drive on a "limping" vehicle hurt your case. I think it's safe to say that we've all been frustrated by things on our car (whether it be diffs, windshield frames, sunvisors, etc) but the complete INCORRECT way to handle these problems or any other problems in life is to be cocky rude and throw around threats to the people you expect to help you; it only makes you look like an amateur and in the end will probably get nothing. My big question is (and maybe I missed the posts but) did you ever post on the forum for help or advice aside from the video link. Now I could be wrong, but with all you "Blair Witch-like" documentation and the fact that all major corporations have sick lineups of bloodthirsty lawyers, I think you'll be stuck with this car. Personally I don't think it's ever good to have your personal business made public when it's negative unless your trying to be constructive about it...

--James

lunarx
12-29-06, 01:27 PM
Well if it's reliability, performance & resonable style you want then get an 07 Legacy Spec-B (with the 6-speed).
I almost bought one myself.
Those cars are crazy reliable and have absolutely zero wheel hop.
The engines make plenty of power with the right turbo swaps and tuning.
Say goodbye to dealership visits, oil leaks, broken diffs, etc.
Subaru drivetrains are proven track performers.
What do you see the most of at any track day?
The alternative is live with the quirkyness of the V.
335 is blah IMHO, M3 might be different.

CVP33
12-29-06, 01:41 PM
Most of the SRT-8 guys are pretty understanding. They've had their share of failures, although less frequently and less targeted; i.e. rear diff's, transmissions, nav buttons, radiators, etc.

The 300's have had a wrist pin issue on select build dates and an oil squirter issue as well. We also have the transmission reflash, brake dust issue TSB's. All are zero charge fixes and are readily available. I think the rub comes in when warranty service is denied or when 15-20% of all owners experience the same problem.

All performance vehicles will fail at some point if driven properly. The question is, will you be covered?

The Tony Show
12-29-06, 01:47 PM
Most of the SRT-8 guys are pretty understanding. They've had their share of failures, although less frequently and less targeted; i.e. rear diff's, transmissions, nav buttons, radiators, etc.

The 300's have had a wrist pin issue on select build dates and an oil squirter issue as well. We also have the transmission reflash, brake dust issue TSB's. All are zero charge fixes and are readily available. I think the rub comes in when warranty service is denied or when 15-20% of all owners experience the same problem.

All performance vehicles will fail at some point if driven properly. The question is, will you be covered?

Who are you and what have you done with CVP33?

:histeric:

CVP33
12-29-06, 01:50 PM
Who are you and what have you done with CVP33?

New Year's resolution. Less judgemental. More patience and understanding. BTW F-off you jack whole. :histeric:

The Tony Show
12-29-06, 02:06 PM
That's better. :thumbsup: :D

50 4Ever
12-29-06, 02:19 PM
New Year's resolution. Less judgemental. More patience and understanding. BTW F-off you jack whole. :histeric:

That's the old CVP33 I remember, so much for New Year's resolutions.. :histeric:

gritter
12-29-06, 03:33 PM
My question is, what was he sappose to do? Pull over get towed to the closed dealership and road side assistence said they wern't sure if they could get him a car. Was joe smo the tow driver gonna also play cabby and take him home?

Yea driven it that far was prolly overboard, but i would have done the same thing given the situation. There's no way i'd be stranded cuz my car broke down and the service of road sside assistance can't help me that's cadillacs fault not mine.

When my lease is up in 08 i'll be exploring other vehicles.

M5eatr
12-29-06, 03:42 PM
I say it's a good darn thing it has a "limp mode" that can you can drive for a few hundred miles. This guy should be happy that he was able to get home.

lunarx
12-29-06, 04:33 PM
What was wrong with the engine?
Did he ever say what the problem was?
I'm curious to know if it was mechanical or electrical?
It definetly looked & sounded serious.

trekster
12-29-06, 04:47 PM
I didn't know that jonsey works at streetfire.net
The video is posted on several sites now.

M5eatr
12-29-06, 04:59 PM
I don't know what was wrong with it but I couldn't watch it either without fast forwarding a bit. I am not saying that I would look better on a video especially one which is shot Blair Witch type but his voice and head are a bit much to take. Note to others who may want to do something like this..
1. No need to show your face. You aren't as goodlooking as you think you are.
2. If you absolutely can't resist and want to show a face, please hire a hot chick. This works to keep everyone interested. Don't use your girlfriend either because more times than not, please refer to #1.
3. Keep the talking to a minimum. You may think you are a great narator and think you can take over for Leno when he retires, but most people also can't sit through Leno's whole act. I flip from Letterman to Leno to see who has the hot chick, so refer to #2.
4. Keep in mind that it is mechanical and things break. Get over it. It is not the end of the world and you are not the most important person here, even is you are a hot chick. Most people will tire of screwing any chick no matter how hot.

Dennisscars
12-29-06, 05:01 PM
I'd like to think that in 150 or so miles, with Nav and onstar one could find a hotel/place to eat/shelter etc. I've had tow truck people drop me off at a hotel etc. before. If you don't ask and/or turn off the Whaabulance for a sec. it's amazing what will come to mind.

What he should have done is the fix it all.. call a Lawyer.. :nono:

My question is, what was he sappose to do? Pull over get towed to the closed dealership and road side assistence said they wern't sure if they could get him a car. Was joe smo the tow driver gonna also play cabby and take him home?

trekster
12-29-06, 05:10 PM
He has the best analogies ever. :lol:

You have every right to bitch about the car and the people who are bitching about how " he single handly lowered the resell value of the car" our resale value of the car was already fvcked up to begin with.

CIWS
12-29-06, 05:19 PM
If you don't ask and/or turn off the Whaabulance for a sec. it's amazing what will come to mind.

Here you go Dennisscars...

http://ciws.net/smiles/wambulance.gif

CountryBoy
12-29-06, 05:22 PM
Cjones-

I used to work for cadillac on the west coast and I can say that you're not the only one who has had problems. Anyone ever know anyone who owned a Catera? Those cars are just as bad.

Ball joint failure, diff failure... I've seen it all.

You were in no way in the wrong. It is NOT your responsibility to take it to a dealer 200 miles outside of your home town. If the car will drive you have the right to drive it all the way home, especially on a sunday. I would have done the same thing in your situation. This video and thread is all over the internet now and there are millions of people seeing it. Please also make a YouTube link and get more support there.

Everyone in every thread I've come across has been pulling for you. We all hope that you either get a new car or your car bought back and you can get an 335.

To everyone else:

I'm suprised how arrogant and condesending all of you V owners are to one another. You're worse than ANY bmw owner I've EVER come across. Bimmerforums? DTM? They're nicer and more helpful than any of you guys. I'm shocked and appalled by the lack of help and support you V owners give to eachother. You've all made enough money to buy a nice car and now you give everyone else the finger.

You're the ones who are in the wrong. You're the ones who are making a bad name for yourselves, and your resale value. Everyone on any forum where this has been discussed think you're all arrogant jerks and NOBODY would buy a CTS-V from you. Whiney and nervous because your INVESTMENT in a car MIGHT not pan out the way you wanted. You'll all lose substantial money with your cars, there's no doubt. GM's reputation? Shoddy build quality? The secret's been out for a while! These cars aren't even selling new! Cars are 99% of the time a bad investment. You chose a path that would give you satisfaction from your driving experience, not your selling experience.

I'm very dissapointed because most of the cadillac owners i've dealt with were very nice people, I guess you're like the BMW drivers you hate.

You've become the thing you hate, how does it feel?

trekster
12-29-06, 05:26 PM
Cjones-
I'm suprised how arrogant and condesending all of you V owners are to one another. You're worse than ANY bmw owner I've EVER come across. Bimmerforums? DTM? They're nicer and more helpful than any of you guys. I'm shocked and appalled by the lack of help and support you V owners give to eachother. You've all made enough money to buy a nice car and now you give everyone else the finger.

You're the ones who are in the wrong. You're the ones who are making a bad name for yourselves, and your resale value. Everyone on any forum where this has been discussed think you're all arrogant jerks and NOBODY would buy a CTS-V from you. Whiney and nervous because your INVESTMENT in a car MIGHT not pan out the way you wanted. You'll all lose substantial money with your cars, there's no doubt. GM's reputation? Shoddy build quality? The secret's been out for a while! These cars aren't even selling new! Cars are 99% of the time a bad investment. You chose a path that would give you satisfaction from your driving experience, not your selling experience.

I'm very dissapointed because most of the cadillac owners i've dealt with were very nice people, I guess you're like the BMW drivers you hate.

Agreed.

urbanski
12-29-06, 05:27 PM
:haha:

urbanski
12-29-06, 05:27 PM
best post of the week award, thanks Country :)

trekster
12-29-06, 05:28 PM
best post of the week award, thanks Country :)
He's representing the [M]

CountryBoy
12-29-06, 05:29 PM
Urb's a admin? oh god.

trekster
12-29-06, 05:30 PM
Urb's a admin? oh god.
This is going to be one long ass thread.

CIWS
12-29-06, 05:34 PM
He's representing the [M]

Now that I believe :thumbsup:

lunarx
12-29-06, 05:56 PM
CountryBoy, what can we say?
Guilty as charged.
Power has corrupted our soul. :lildevil:
I wish I could say "my other car is a hybrid".

urbanski
12-29-06, 06:06 PM
oh crap
how do you guys know about M

Caderac
12-29-06, 06:06 PM
You're the ones who are in the wrong. You're the ones who are making a bad name for yourselves, and your resale value.

You're right. I'm selling the V tomorrow. I'm so ashamed.

OldRoadDawg
12-29-06, 06:11 PM
I wish I could say "my other car is a hybrid".:histeric:
Oh . . I say that all the time :D

CountryBoy
12-29-06, 06:30 PM
You're right. I'm selling the V tomorrow. I'm so ashamed.

so all i get is a crappy comeback and a lame picture?

I think my post was worth more than that. put some effort in your arguement instead of attacking me.

lunarx
12-29-06, 06:37 PM
so all i get is a crappy comeback and a lame picture?

I think my post was worth more than that. put some effort in your arguement instead of attacking me.
No attack bro.
We are conceding.
You win.

I can say that I have met some of the members who made harsh posts and they are really nice guys just trying to help in their own way.
The V is not for everyone, that's why it's a "Niche" market car.
We all hope this car gets fixed one way or another.

M5eatr
12-29-06, 06:44 PM
Countryboy,

Your first post and you are trolling. Urby totally surprised at you for giving a troll first poster that distinguished award. But since I have the time and am on my second dram of 18 year Caol Isla I will entertain a spirited biotch slap for you. The guy’s plight is of concern to us, but the video he made is pathetic. It is long and boring. It doesn’t get to the point. All it shows is that there may or may not be something wrong with the car and he made a video of it. There is no proof of anything he has said. Totally unsubstantiated. As a matter of fact, if he in any way staged or lied about anything, he himself can be sued, by GM, the Caddy dealership, even us for slander and libel. So I hope he posts it on you tube and everywhere else. I could care less, but maybe he should watch his own ass.

You talk about what type of brand owners are better than others. I have owned many different brands and no one is better than the others. To insinuate this is ignorant and prejudicial on your part. Just because you bought something doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed forever. Thing can go wrong. If your existence is so empty that you are going to cry and piss about something mechanical that breaks, then you shouldn’t own it. The Ferrari biotch slap the guys that piss about how the paddles are difficult to get into reverse and that the car has to have a 4k tune up at 5 thousand miles. Same as the HD guys slap the poseurs who cry about how their screws have loosened and the oil stain that the bike left in the garage. You make a stupid video, unsubstantiated mind you, post it in the public eye, you are fair game.

CountryBoy
12-29-06, 07:04 PM
Countryboy,

Your first post and you are trolling. Urby totally surprised at you for giving a troll first poster that distinguished award. But since I have the time and am on my second dram of 18 year Caol Isla I will entertain a spirited biotch slap for you. The guy’s plight is of concern to us, but the video he made is pathetic. It is long and boring. It doesn’t get to the point. All it shows is that there may or may not be something wrong with the car and he made a video of it. There is no proof of anything he has said. Totally unsubstantiated. As a matter of fact, if he in any way staged or lied about anything, he himself can be sued, by GM, the Caddy dealership, even us for slander and libel. So I hope he posts it on you tube and everywhere else. I could care less, but maybe he should watch his own ass.

You talk about what type of brand owners are better than others. I have owned many different brands and no one is better than the others. To insinuate this is ignorant and prejudicial on your part. Just because you bought something doesn’t mean it’s guaranteed forever. Thing can go wrong. If your existence is so empty that you are going to cry and piss about something mechanical that breaks, then you shouldn’t own it. The Ferrari biotch slap the guys that piss about how the paddles are difficult to get into reverse and that the car has to have a 4k tune up at 5 thousand miles. Same as the HD guys slap the poseurs who cry about how their screws have loosened and the oil stain that the bike left in the garage. You make a stupid video, unsubstantiated mind you, post it in the public eye, you are fair game.

1. The car obviously has a misfire issue. This is a spark issue which had been diagnosed by the CEL.

2. The guy is showing what goes wrong with the car, how many times it does it.. sure it's long and boring. it's not meant to entertain you. Want entertainment? go watch seinfeld. It's meant to show cadillac (and views) that his car is obviously a lemon, and GM should back it. It's got people all over the world wondering exactly what GM will do for him. If GM chooses to shaft him, then it's going to detract people from buying GM cars and if they do well, it'll make them think even though the build quality sucks, they make up for it. GM has a chance to shine here, but it's all up to them how they're going to look.

3. You buy a ferarri, you know you're going to have to do lots of costly maintenance and repairs. You buy a GM car, you think you're covered by a warrenty and you can treat it like any other car. You don't buy a car because you want to drive a geo around while it's in the shop, you buy it so YOU can drive it and YOU can enjoy it. Selling point is 400 horsepower. Where on that video did it show that obvious 400 horsepower? the car has LESS THAN 12,000 miles on it. I don't expect my cars to break down at 12,000 miles.. do you?

4. Brands don't matter? Sure they do. When you think of prick drivers, what do you think of? Rich snobby folk like BMW drivers, right? That's what EVERYONE thinks of because of their social stigma. They created that for themselves. You're now doing it for cadillac V owners.

urbanski
12-29-06, 07:07 PM
who are you on M?

CountryBoy
12-29-06, 07:17 PM
I know you from nemesisforums ;)

and you'll have to figure the rest out for yourself

urbanski
12-29-06, 07:34 PM
oh crap lol

JimmyH
12-29-06, 08:56 PM
It's not just Cadillac, guys, I have had similiar (though much less severe than this one) problems with Nissan's and Toyota's. I can tell you this, GM and Ford are much more willing to fix problems than the Japanese mfgs. (Maybe because they have more practice?) Toyota is the absolute worst, and their ratings prove it.

Oh, and by the way, to those saying "What do you expect, this aint a BMW?" The CTS (including the V) is rated with average reliability. That is a rating few BMWs have ever managed to climb up to. I have the suspicion that BMW is a German acronym for "Overpriced, Overrated, Unreliable."

And my Nissan Maxima with it's above average reliability rating sat in the dealership for 2 weeks before they figured out that corrosion between the engine and trans was why it would not start.

My first post--let the attacks begin. I don't have a CTS-V, but even with all the problems I have read about, I still plan on buying one.

M5eatr
12-29-06, 08:59 PM
Well tarnation tar Country Boi. I am a bit tiched in the head and I didn’t realize it twas a misfire. Fer sure then GM should buy the car back and that thar boy is entitled to millions of dollars in restitution.

You have got to be kidding me. You can't be serious, tell me it's more than a misfire. That is why the car is running badly? So then what is your rationale that the whole car is defective? It probably is something very minor, and is obviously hard to find if they have had it in multiple times. And maybe the owner could have inadvertently done something himself? Could be a stupid short that some squirrel chewed up some wire. Could be anything else. Not a reason to ask for a buy back. The guy should be happy that he was able to get the car home in “limp mode.” He should be thankful for at least that.

Now for your last point about brands. Brands do not change or make a the person. If a person is an a*hole, and buys a BMW, he doesn’t lose that character if he so decides to buy another vehicle. Once an a*hole always an a*hole. If you judge a person by the “brands” he may be wearing, driving, or living, then you have some serious prejudicial issues that speak volumes of your ignorance or naivety. I hope for your sake, it’s the latter and not the former.

CIWS
12-29-06, 09:12 PM
I had a Mazda that lunched it's engine at 10,200 miles leaving me stranded in the middle of a hard driving 3 day rain, pushing the car out of the middle of the road to then be towed off. They did end up replacing the engine, but only after a fight on my part initially and having to cover the cost of the rent car and being reimbursed after the fact for a week and a half worth of rental.

All fracking builds have issues, even japanese that are supposed to be better built.

It sucks this guy has to go through it and he deserves to have his car fixed or lemoned if they haven't got it right according to the law. But in the video he comes off as a smart assed threatening punk vs just a disgruntled owner, who then contines to drive the car for hundreds of miles despite it's condition. Yes he had a choice after the first couple of tries to call roadside assistance and have it handled in that manner or choose to continue to try and limp it home in low power mode. He chose the latter and we'll see how GM/Cadillac views his particular circumstance and the posting of this video in some crude internet blackmail attempt, if works in his favor or actually shows how much of an idiot he can be vs handling the whole situation like an adult.

M5eatr
12-29-06, 09:17 PM
True CIWS,
If anything he said or did in thaty video (Onstar conversation comes to mind) is false, they have grounds for slander and libel. Usually it's one or the other, but this chump chose to go all the way.

urbanski
12-29-06, 10:08 PM
Urby totally surprised at you for giving a troll first poster that distinguished award. .

its just a made up award, and i rarely give it....there are no criteria other than i liked it :) :bunchies:

Dennisscars
12-29-06, 10:29 PM
Here you go Dennisscars...
http://ciws.net/smiles/wambulance.gif

Geez.. google can find anything.:wavehi: ..

oh wait..:gasp: it's broken down on the side of the road... oh wait.. they've circled the problem, placed it on the grill and colored (coloured for our friends to the frozen North) it blue...

http://content.altnation.com/gallery/files/1/7/3/3/1733-whaambulance.jpg

found one that works...
http://x005.uploaderx.net/x/a7-whaaaambulance.gif

'bound to find one with sound...

whhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa........

whhaa-AAAaaa-AAAaaa-AAAaaa-AAAaaa... for our Brit friends over the pond..:wave:

DILLIGAF
12-29-06, 10:39 PM
Better sticky this Urb, it's gonna be fun.

Still loved the vid!

Guy did nothing wrong!

His car is a lemon!

Srt8 guys are ***s!

Dennisscars
12-29-06, 10:44 PM
Hey.. it's a slow night and we have to amuse ourselves until the New Year's free booze shows up..

wait till Wild shows up.. hey.. where is wild and his warm beer mobile? In a couple hours we can bash Brit cars too... :duck:

urbanski
12-29-06, 10:59 PM
Better sticky this Urb, it's gonna be fun.

Still loved the vid!

Guy did nothing wrong!

His car is a lemon!

Srt8 guys are ***s!

stickies are sure fire ways to get a thread killed, nobody reads stickies :p

urbanski
12-29-06, 10:59 PM
i will give this the best thread of the month award

DILLIGAF
12-29-06, 11:05 PM
Almost as if the Snot was here.

urbanski
12-29-06, 11:10 PM
almost, but Boy knows me from elsewhere. i gotta figure out who he is

Dennisscars
12-29-06, 11:16 PM
This just in... an eye witness account.....

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=090c3bbef175fe5d3025122dde3cd323.869807

it'll come into view after a couple sec's.. (metric seconds for our friends to the North..) you have to get past the guy with the bicycle

DILLIGAF
12-29-06, 11:16 PM
almost, but Boy knows me from elsewhere. i gotta figure out who he is
Happy hunting!

HiTechRV
12-29-06, 11:17 PM
It's not just Cadillac, guys, I have had similiar (though much less severe than this one) problems with Nissan's and Toyota's. I can tell you this, GM and Ford are much more willing to fix problems than the Japanese mfgs. (Maybe because they have more practice?) Toyota is the absolute worst, and their ratings prove it.

Oh, and by the way, to those saying "What do you expect, this aint a BMW?" The CTS (including the V) is rated with average reliability. That is a rating few BMWs have ever managed to climb up to. I have the suspicion that BMW is a German acronym for "Overpriced, Overrated, Unreliable."

And my Nissan Maxima with it's above average reliability rating sat in the dealership for 2 weeks before they figured out that corrosion between the engine and trans was why it would not start.

My first post--let the attacks begin. I don't have a CTS-V, but even with all the problems I have read about, I still plan on buying one.

Me too Jimmy. Hope he gets his problems fixed.

Albertan
12-30-06, 02:48 AM
I couldn't watch the entire video. When people resort to profanity it means they have a very small vocabulary or they have a weak case. I used to work for the world's largest oil company. I'd hang up at the first profanity. It was amazing how much more reasonable the person was when they called back. I think he is just asking for GM to play hardball. I'd say they will tell him he was abusing the car and any extra damages will be not warrentied. The "I have it floored and it will only go 45" doesn't sound good. Of course, won't the Black box tell anything about how it was driven? I sure would have handled this differently.
Wonder if we will ever find out the ending to this?
Bruce

lunarx
12-30-06, 03:29 AM
Why do people suggest that this guy did not already try the nice & polite approach?
He said the car was in for service multiple times already.
I'm sure if he would have recieved the same top notch GM customer service, that we all take for granted, he would not have been compelled to do what he did. :banghead:

CIWS
12-30-06, 09:14 AM
If the vehicle has been back to the dealership several times and they cannot seem to fix the problem then the man has a lemon car, no different than any other person who ended up with a lemon, and he is then entitled to pursue a replacement/refund according to the law.

However that's not what we see here exactly is it ? No this guy has to act like an ass with it and somehow try to threaten the manufacturer that he's going to exact his website influence and the net to show how he is somehow different than other owners who have been unfortunate enough to end up with a lemon vehicle. He's special and different. In the video he says he'll post it if they deny to take back the car or reimburse him, but he didn't wait did he, no he goes ahead and thinks he'll somehow "fire a shot across their bow" Plus he chooses to continue to operate the vehicle in and out of limp mode for several hundred miles possibly causing greater damage to the car than it already had. I'm betting there's a clause in the warranty the says GM can deny warranty if the owner chooses to do this. Thanks to his documentation of this they now have video proof to show in court that it was a clear choice he made time and time again, and even ridiculed and joked how the car was running after doing it.

Lemon car, Lemon law it. I certainly recommend doing any video documentation of what's occuring to help show and prove your case, that's a good idea. But act like a jerk, being jovial about continuing to operate the car for a good distance and threatening the car maker BEFORE he has even taken the proper steps to have it handled according to the law and that's just stupid, IMO. We'll see if his stunt actually comes back to bite him in the ass. But GM will simply probably lemon the car and send him on his way. I'm sure they deal with this type all the time and to them it's nothing new. Don't get me wrong in that he doesn't need to be taken care of, he does, he paid for the car. But any extra damage that may have been done is up to GM.

CIWS
12-30-06, 09:16 AM
This just in... an eye witness account.....

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=090c3bbef175fe5d3025122dde3cd323.869807

it'll come into view after a couple sec's.. (metric seconds for our friends to the North..) you have to get past the guy with the bicycle

Nice find. That's kinda funny own it's own, even with the reference to this situation.

Z06-PWRD
12-30-06, 09:34 AM
The V is the bets performance car I have ever owned period. If you make enough of something every once in a while you will find a bad one. Corvette performance and Cadillac style who could ask for more. I just wanted to chime in and say there are V's out there with no problems. Mine is an 05 with a maggie and all types of other mods including meth injection and I have had zero issues.

cjones
12-30-06, 11:04 AM
The last repair attempt the dealer replaced part of the wiring harness and said it was shorting out and causing the problems. They also replaced the cats for a second time. Unfortunately I have what looks like an exhaust leak now, I'm getting headaches when I drive the car and it sounds and smells like crap.

Per Georgia's Lemon Law I submitted full documentation on the problems and how it is still not perfect to Cadillac on Wednesday via a certified letter. Here's the rub, I need to wait 7 calendar days for Cadillac to get back to me with a final repair attempt location. This means I have to drive around with a car with an exhaust leak until then. Awesome.

To set the record straight, I am one of three owners of streetfire.

I do appreciate the support and am a bit surprised at how many people have commented on the video and how many times it's been watched. I should submit it to Youtube, but they are kind of a competitor to streetfire's parent company, Vidiac.com and those @#$#ers at Youtube are rich enough! ;-)

04CTSVforMe
12-30-06, 11:39 AM
ahhh...so the video & its attitude was just a marketing & publicity stunt for your company while you followed due procedure for the lemon law. I'll give you props for the success of your ploy. Apparently it is working wonderfully!

Then I guess that means that you've gotten at least your purchase price of your V in free advertising and won't mind too much when (hopefully) GM tells you to stick it for documenting abuse of your car while threatening to buy a BMW (please do) and bashing their product.

You probably never cared about the car or the outcome of its repair, just manipulating public opinion for the benefit of your interests/company. Looks like "Media" was a good career fit for ya! :helpless:

urbanski
12-30-06, 11:44 AM
ahha oh man it just keeps getting better and better

urbanski
12-30-06, 11:45 AM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/therealurbanski/20itcu0.jpg

The Tony Show
12-30-06, 12:45 PM
"Hey guys my car is broken so GO TO STREETFIRE TO SEE THE VIDEO(and I'd like to lemon law it by the way)."

Lame. I knew something was off, but you being a part owner of Streetfire makes the whole thing just retarded. Trying to get the entire internet laughing at us while shamelessly self-promoting your own website makes you officially the biggest ass on the entire forum. I hope GM tells you to cram your problems, brands your warranty for abusing the car when hurt and that the local BMW dealer is internet savvy, recognizes you from the video and tells you they don't want your car in trade.

AmesCTS-V
12-30-06, 12:54 PM
I used to work for cadillac on the west coast ...

Everyone in every thread I've come across has been pulling for you. We all hope that you either get a new car or your car bought back and you can get an 335.

To everyone else:
I'm suprised how arrogant and condesending all of you V owners are to one another.

So everyone in every thread you have read is pulling for this guy and yet one paragraph later you rip on "everyone else" who isn't pulling for this guy. How can that be? Either everyone in every thread is pulling for this guy or they aren't.

This is all starting to make sense now. You worked at Cadillac. You don't understand even basic logic. Maybe Cadillac needs to hire better people.

The Tony Show
12-30-06, 12:57 PM
I don't think it was Cadillac- Probably a retired Aztek designer. :D

keeksv
12-30-06, 06:56 PM
Posting in what has become another legendary thread. BTW, take your Streetfire crap somewhere else...

Dennisscars
12-30-06, 10:27 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/therealurbanski/20itcu0.jpg

KITTIES ARE BACK... HUZAHHHHH!!!!!

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/cat-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/bombay-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/pictures/bombay-0024.jpg

oh.. and black is still faster...

CIWS
12-30-06, 11:06 PM
Kitties !!!

http://www.ciws.info/kittens.jpg

Dennisscars
12-30-06, 11:10 PM
Sorry CIWS, this is the closest I could find to Redline..

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/cat-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/somali-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/pictures/somali-0001.jpg

CIWS
12-30-06, 11:11 PM
Sorry CIWS, this is the closest I could find to Redline..

http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/cat-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/somali-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/pictures/somali-0001.jpg

Dennisscars
12-30-06, 11:12 PM
A not happy Stealth gray...
http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/cat-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/british-shorthair-pictures-breeders-kittens-rescue/pictures/british-shorthair-0048.jpg

Dennisscars
12-30-06, 11:14 PM
This is really beginning to "steam my ass"
http://jackass.net/2007/jpg/sep_s.jpg

Dennisscars
12-30-06, 11:18 PM
..and turning into a "pain the ass"....
http://jackass.net/2007/jpg/jan_s.jpg

CIWS
12-30-06, 11:18 PM
Here's a link to his video on AutoBlog, note some of the readers comments below it......

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/29/video-cadillac-cts-v-in-throws-of-death-nsfw/

Some of you guys will like this one. :)

"10. Just an observation…this guy looks about 20–something. He's driving a Cadillac?"

bcholka
12-30-06, 11:31 PM
This "kid" has the patience of a 2 year-old and the class of a Dodge owner. He probably purchased this car with Daddy's funds and is irritated that some day when the warranty runs out he'll have to go back to Daddy for repair money. His "V" is bone stock and boring. He probably thinks "Maggie" is a fat little farm girl that lives next door. This guy needs to get into something he can afford and stop embarassing the true "V" audience that we are. My "Maggied" "V" has been wonderful, and when it comes time to replace my crappy differential or anything else I'll be a man about it, do it and move on. These cars rock--a punk like that will never appreciate these cars the way we do.

M5eatr
12-30-06, 11:37 PM
Get this. This goofy nerd has a website with a girlfriend application form Jerkoff website (http://www.cjonesy.com/). This guy better hope his streetfire goes the way of Youtube, or he may never get laid.:histeric: :histeric: :D :nyanya: Unless it's like this Florian

Dennisscars
12-30-06, 11:38 PM
He probably thinks "Maggie" is a fat little farm girl that lives next door.

Gravity challenged, vertical deficient agricultural domiciled female that occupies dwelling nearby....:histeric: (for our PC compliant friends):duck:

HiTechRV
12-30-06, 11:43 PM
VW/Audi US once did a customer buyback, on the condition that this particular customer NEVER buy another VW/Audi product. At the time I could not imagine why...

M5eatr
12-30-06, 11:53 PM
Cris, by the way. You need to update your pictures. You say this is the gayest picture you have. Not by a longshot. Hey guys you decide.

Chis's stated gayest:

M5eatr
12-30-06, 11:56 PM
This one has it beat. More to come guys.

M5eatr
12-31-06, 12:02 AM
Caption this photo:

Mine would be:
Yep that's right...Uh Huuh. I'm the big mac pimp daddy.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/bimrcruzr/P10100292.jpg

weister42
12-31-06, 12:37 AM
LOL what's goin on in here????

So some dude has a broke ass car and he totally chewed on it, was it just a lemon or was he just dumb and broke it?

M5eatr
12-31-06, 12:41 AM
Don't worry Chris. We still love you even though the V guys are ragging on you.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/bimrcruzr/P10100211.jpg

M5eatr
12-31-06, 12:51 AM
These are my lucky socks. I just got them for Christmas and they helped me get my shitty V home on "limp mode"
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/bimrcruzr/CRISGAYEST2.jpg

Div
12-31-06, 01:40 AM
M5eatr, you have no class at all.

Grow up.

M5eatr
12-31-06, 01:46 AM
Thanks Div for your thoughts. I think I have been quite tasteful and classy. They are his own pictures from his own site. I refuse to grow up. Never will.

Div
12-31-06, 01:50 AM
Simply put a link, don't let our eyes see that, it hurts.

No class towards us, don't give a damn about him.

M5eatr
12-31-06, 01:55 AM
Indeed, those pictures can be tough on the eyes. But come on, don't say you didn't piss your pants...at least giggle or shake your head.

Div
12-31-06, 02:07 AM
That video was enough lol.

M5eatr
12-31-06, 02:17 AM
That was a funny video Div. Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family.

urbanski
12-31-06, 07:58 AM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n201/therealurbanski/1167528984603.jpg

urbanski
12-31-06, 08:01 AM
m5

dont steal his bandwidth, rehost the pics of you want.
dont go personal guys or you'll prove Country right. keep it nice

trekster
12-31-06, 11:54 AM
You guys are unbelievable.

Boombotz
12-31-06, 12:07 PM
:nothing2add:
Note to self.
Never piss off the V guys. :p

M5eatr
12-31-06, 12:31 PM
Urby thanks for the posting suggestion.

urbanski
12-31-06, 12:48 PM
i also asked "dont go personal"
thats enough.

M5eatr
12-31-06, 01:12 PM
Urby, you could have at least left them up. I guess I will just have to post them at another site.

M5eatr
12-31-06, 01:13 PM
Wow, and my post count went down when you deleted my posts.

nikon
12-31-06, 01:50 PM
wow....this is gonna be another..."can I beat the audi?" thread.....man you guys are rough (cough m5eater)(cough cough)...but I do have to say that it's bullshit to do this as a publicity stunt....oh well, we'll see what happens....where's james at, he could probably tell us if what he did is grounds for voiding the warranty. yes/no?

keeksv
12-31-06, 02:57 PM
:nothing2add:
Note to self.
Never piss off the V guys. :p

You've got a "pass" on this forum...don't worry.

M5eatr
12-31-06, 03:08 PM
That's right we take care of our own Boom so don't worry. Well I have the said pictures reposted at another site. Some of you guys might enjoy them. Urby would rather I post pictures of *****.....cats. Chris Jones' own thread at Jugheads (http://www.jugheads.org/discus/messages/16037/26008.html?1167594530)

kanned
12-31-06, 05:49 PM
I'm here for the gangbang..

trekster
12-31-06, 08:52 PM
I guess our cars aren't the only ones that's a "piece of shit."

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35512

I still love both cars. I might get rid of the V and buy a 335i. It responds really well to mods.

It's just a thought.

DILLIGAF
12-31-06, 09:37 PM
Can we link to other forums now?

urbanski
12-31-06, 09:40 PM
Can we link to other forums now?

always could, just so they arent primarily cadillac related, most of which are already banned and filtered.
go for it. but dont link to four chan (no i am not posting that link)

SullenClothing
12-31-06, 09:46 PM
Good luck getting it lemon lawed. Cadillac wouldnt even warrenty my car and told me they have never seen a rear go out! While at it they stole my floormats! Thanks Bunnin Cadillac of Oxnard, CA!!!!!!!

CIWS
12-31-06, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a dealership issue, not Cadillac overall.

Black Sunshine
01-01-07, 01:55 AM
Dealership issue. This guy should have documented the exhaustion of all known remedies before he taped himself being stupid trying to force that car down the road while mixing his "facts".

One voice can be pretty loud on the internet. And you CAN'T erase it. Be careful what you say, how you say it and prepared to back it up.

Another V owner's opinion: I've never driven a production vehicle with anything close to the balanced package that I have in the V. First time in three years I've ridden without my tool box. First time ever without a spare or jack. (To be remedied soon.) Off for another Vbizness trip on the 2nd. Stoppin by to meet James in Alexandria, PA for tuning, then off to ME and MN. Thanks Cadillac.

ctsvett
01-01-07, 11:27 PM
So, As usual recently, I am late to this party...

I have to ask, what does making this video accomplish?
Are you trying to "stick it to Cadillac?"
Are you trying to show how all Cadillac’s are crap?
Are you trying to show that Toyota is better than GM?

Well, all you have done is show that your car is crap (a genuine lemon- and it happens to ALL car companies and all models) and I can say that you will NOT "stick it to Cadillac." Just because you have a problem with your car, does not mean that all Cadillac’s are crap. Good luck showing otherwise.

Are Toyota's better than GM cars? I dont think your video showed that either. I personally dont know of a toyota sedan that has 400 hp, so when toyota solves that issue (and they might with the F series) then we can compare quality. I have lots of friends who's toyotas are in the shop too and have issues like you showed in your video.

As far as your lemon case, you've shown that you didn't listen to the warning signs, and may have done damage above and beyond the initial failure. But, you do have a lemon- its simple, your car IS broken. They should buy it back, if that’s what you want or buy you a new one. It sounds like you may want to stay with a V car, just not that V car. Good luck on your lemon case and I DO hope that you get your money back or a new car.

I should disclose that I have had e-mail chats with MANY people who have had their cars lemoned or had serious issues with their cars. I am sure that it happens with EVERY car company and EVERY car.... Its the nature of the manufacturing process. I always try to help them solve their issues and come out with the result they want (new car or money back). I have even escalated issues for some folks. Making a video like this will win you no favors from anyone at GM and will not make you friends here.

I do sympathize with what you are going though, and others here have done it too (just ask CVP33!), but again, I have to ask what you hoped to accomplish by making a posting this video?

Reed

ctsvett
01-01-07, 11:34 PM
I need to add one thing that I have said MANY times before and continue to believe:

Cadillac/GM is not the issue! The issue here is the cadillac dealerships

With the obvious exception of Lindsay cadillac who are both trained and able to deal with this car, I dont think any other deaerlship (or most) cannot deal with the V nor a high performance car like the V. This has been shown time and time again on this forum with issues like this (do a search!).

You said you had the car in the dealership 3-4 times before for this issue... Well, bottom line, if they had fixed it the first time correctly, then you would not have had the experience you had. But alas, they did not.

I think Cadillac/GM needs to work on improving their dealer network to deal with these cars (hell, they can already repair corvettes!). And they should use Lindsay as a guide cause those guys have proven over and over they are class acts and will do things RIGHT!

How about a V-series certification program just like they have on the corvette? How about allowing V owners to go to Chrevolet dealers to have the same corvette techs work on the V (with cadillac privileges of course).

In any blame game, make sure you are blaming the right party or you will get no result cause you are screaming at the wrong person.

Reed

CIWS
01-02-07, 08:02 AM
I think Cadillac/GM needs to work on improving their dealer network to deal with these cars (hell, they can already repair corvettes!). And they should use Lindsay as a guide cause those guys have proven over and over they are class acts and will do things RIGHT!
Reed

Hell Yeah. Now there is damn good suggestion for GM/Cadillac for the upcoming release of an 08/09 model.

P-Funk
01-02-07, 10:36 AM
Yeah, what Reed said. :yup:

svassh
01-02-07, 10:50 AM
:yeah:

Amen Brutha Reed

The Tony Show
01-02-07, 10:50 AM
I don't think he'll be posting here a lot. He accomplished his goal, which was to get massive hits to his web site with no regard to how it affects the rest of us happy V owners.

silver bullet
01-02-07, 02:18 PM
The only lemon here is the NUT behind the wheel, he could destroy a Rolls in 30 min. He should not be near a car. He's a :bomb:

The Tony Show
01-02-07, 07:01 PM
I need to add one thing that I have said MANY times before and continue to believe:

Cadillac/GM is not the issue! The issue here is the cadillac dealerships

How about a V-series certification program just like they have on the corvette? How about allowing V owners to go to Chrevolet dealers to have the same corvette techs work on the V (with cadillac privileges of course).

Reed

I agree 100%. I can tell you that Cadillac/GM tries very hard to do this by having top salespeople attend performance driving days comparing the V with AMG and M competitors, great literature and target demographic information. We even had special training on negotiating and dealing with the Performance Luxury buyer and understanding their expectations.

Where it all falls down is in service, and dealers being held accountable. As a car enthusiast, I'm ecstatic about going to these events every few years when they roll around, but most people there (including the techs at their school) are irritated that they get forced off the sales floor for a day to stand in the sun at a racetrack. A folllow-up program at the dealer level needs to be implemented.

The last thing you need is Management that actually cares, and that's where a lot of dealers are never going to improve. If the service employees and Management don't get excited about the chance to "wow" a former Audi owner with "The Cadillac Treatment", there's really nothing that can be done. I know all of my V owners on a personal level, and check in with them constantly. I send copies of car mags that feature their car, and update them with race reports on the World Challenge. Hell, my first CTS-V owner from back in '04 still has me over to his house on race day to drink beer and watch the V's race!

Just like any other business, there's only so much GM can do. Until dealers take a personal interest in the product (like James and Lindsay), no amount of faking it will get them by. If GM can come up with some way to ensure this, I see great things for the V brand.

M5eatr
01-03-07, 06:57 PM
The only lemon here is the NUT behind the wheel, he could destroy a Rolls in 30 min. He should not be near a car. He's a :bomb:

Agreed with Reed. He puts it in such a nice way. Basically telling someone to screw off, but in a nice way.

Hey Silver bullet, I don't think he's a lemon, or a nut.....but can you say Baby New Year.......
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r269/bimrcruzr/P10100301.jpg

DILLIGAF
01-03-07, 07:07 PM
The pic is back,maybe streetfire will sell and he can get those ears pinned down.Then he might be ok to photograph.

keeksv
01-03-07, 08:28 PM
Needs a Dermatologist, too...

Silver Dollar
01-03-07, 09:46 PM
she doesn't look very thrilled

BadCad
01-04-07, 07:54 PM
(ends up blowing his tranny)
Huh? Isn't that a tranny pulling the wagon?
Maybe she will be thrilled.... :lildevil:

Silver Dollar
01-04-07, 11:48 PM
maybe so! hehehe

cjones
01-05-07, 12:34 PM
It's funny how almost ever other message board I read is pretty supportive of all this but most of you guys on cadillacforums.com are not. Whatever, doesn't really matter either way. The 5-10k views this video has received each day since it's been up is a drop in the bucket to the 1.5 million views our videos get every day, so this is far from a publicity stunt.

You guys can continue posting away on this thread, grab more pics of me, whatever, don't much care, but I'm done.

Just got back from meeting with the District Service Manager. Told them first that I wanted the car bought back, said he wouldn't do it since they had a final repair attempt (which is true). Went around and around, took my car for a spin so they could hear the exhaust leak.

Here's what he finally offered. They would credit me back 1 months payment ($900ish) and if I have any more engine or differential problems in the next 2 years they'll lemon law the car per Georgia guidelines or put me in a new one.

I'm going to shoot a video about this next week once my car is fixed. Honestly I think this is fair. I did have to twist their arm a bit but Cadillac is standing behind the car and I still do enjoy the car and it looks like they've found the problem, a wire to the throttle body that was responsible for the engine related problems.

The differential problems that most people continue to have needs to be brought to the forefront. Seriously, you guys have all read the countless threads about it.

hyhflo
01-05-07, 03:05 PM
2 years thats a long time. why not give new car now

urbanski
01-05-07, 05:49 PM
but I'm done. .

then so are we.