: !CAGS?....ummm

CTS-V420
12-27-06, 06:41 PM
Well today I put the Cags on and I assume I did it correctly considering I had no problems and everything went on perfect. (bought off yahoo)
While driving home I looked down and noticed the 1>4 shift sign come up on the dash. Unused to the Cags being installed I put it into 4th.....
Does this mean the !Cags doesnt work? or does the '1>4' light still come on but now it lets you put it into other gears.
**with cags installed does should the 1-4 light still show up or is mine faulty?????

SilverBullet
12-27-06, 06:43 PM
my 1>4 light still comes on but I can shift 1>2. The eliminator stops the tranny from forcing the shift but the computer still ties and activates the light. No big deal. I can ignore it. The light can be deactivated as part of a tune.

CTS-V420
12-27-06, 07:17 PM
Perfect! Muchos gracias senor! I could care less if the light is there too----
When you say tune...I know thoose hand held tuners(superchip,diablo..) give you the option to removed the 1>4 shift 99% sure Rick's Stealth V tune get ride of it too BUT
I'm possibly getting a dyno tune but I don't believe it gets rid of the 1>4 light. Does it?

roadracerx72
12-27-06, 07:20 PM
I have never noticed the 1>4 light come on, ever. I bought mine from Katech. Or maybe I just never look at my gauges????

50 4Ever
12-27-06, 07:21 PM
:yeah: Light will still come on if the computer determines it needs to do the 1->4 shift, just the signal to the tranny never reaches the solonoid.

SilverBullet
12-27-06, 07:22 PM
I would think that if the guy doing the dyno tune knows how, he could turn it off.

bjohnso0
12-27-06, 07:38 PM
With EFI live I disabled the CAGS. I have a barely used CAGS from Katech for sale if anyone wants it.

svassh
12-27-06, 08:16 PM
Mine is now permanently disabled with EFILive but even stock my 1>4 shift light NEVER came on even though it did force the crappy shift.

csp3000
12-27-06, 10:20 PM
Perfect! Muchos gracias senor! I could care less if the light is there too----
When you say tune...I know thoose hand held tuners(superchip,diablo..) give you the option to removed the 1>4 shift 99% sure Rick's Stealth V tune get ride of it too BUT
I'm possibly getting a dyno tune but I don't believe it gets rid of the 1>4 light. Does it?

CTS-V420 where are you getting your V dyno tuned??? I can't find a good place around here to get it done...

CTS-V420
12-28-06, 02:01 AM
I have a buddy up in the hollywood/pembrook pines are that is a Tech at a Caddy dealership. He has done some sick work to Vs and other LS engines. He has a guy that he swears by. I did some research with other people who have went through him and they love his tuning. Sooo if I decide to go that route before headers I believe he will be my man. I dont have his number in hand but can Easily get it for you.
Send me a PM if interested.

bbmurphy1
12-28-06, 02:29 PM
I will take that CAGS off you Bjohnso0 off you....