: Where can you get headers for a Northstar?

km7648
12-27-06, 06:30 PM
I've got a Northstar in a sand rail (aka dune buggy) and I need a set of headers for it.

It's really wide open and could accommodate a number of designs but I can't find anything on the web etc.

Any ideas?

AlBundy
12-27-06, 07:02 PM
www.chrfab.com/Head_Work.htm

km7648
12-27-06, 07:22 PM
Thanks Al.

I had contacted them already but they no longer make headers. Bummer because their stuff is especially nice (and exactly what I'm looking for).

AlBundy
12-27-06, 08:42 PM
There's another member eldorado1, he might be able to chime in(as he did in your other thread) and help.

danbuc
12-27-06, 09:23 PM
You could always hack off the piping from the stock manifolds and use the base of each manifold as a mounting point for new piping. Most decent exhaust or performance shops should be able to weld up a set of headers for you. Probably cheaper than buying a set (especially since they're hard to find for these engines). You'd probably want to machine out the holes in the base a bit, and chamfer the edges a little more before you have someone weld pipes on there, the shop should be able to do that as well though. Good Luck, sounds like a bad ass project.:thumbsup:

eldorado1
12-27-06, 10:08 PM
These guys were willing to cut me some header flanges:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-LS1-Header-FLange-Set-3-8-Stainless-Steel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42610QQihZ019QQit emZ8035396438

You can get stainless tubing bends here:

http://store.racing-solutions.org/hebukiss.html

Best prices I've found on stainless, ever. I'd think a couple kits would do it. Then you just need collectors.

billytheshoe
12-30-06, 12:16 AM
Don't THey lready have headers?

davesdeville
12-30-06, 07:10 AM
They don't have log style exhaust manifolds but I wouldn't call what they do have headers. There's certainly much room for improvement.

STS127
12-30-06, 11:11 AM
I've got a Northstar in a sand rail (aka dune buggy) and I need a set of headers for it.

It's really wide open and could accommodate a number of designs but I can't find anything on the web etc.

Any ideas?

I've seen them on ebay before but on a rare occasion. If i were you I would go to a junkyard and try there. They may not be brand new but there still something. I have actually seen North* at boneyards.

dp102288
12-30-06, 01:10 PM
^^ Junkyard may not be a bad idea if they have a lot of cars. This sounds like a very good mod. Good luck with the search! :thumbsup:

94CaddyConcours
01-01-07, 08:44 PM
Please post your location. It would be helpful. Junkyard is the #1 place for demo parts.