: 2004 Escalade with Nav: ipod solution? Also, touch screen model num?

gort
12-27-06, 02:55 AM
OK, so I have a 2004 escalade with the nav unit (non-touch screen). i'm curious what my options are for iPod integration that are worth it (if any exist). I had that ipod neo adapter which replaces the cd changer in my 2002 escalade, then the cord busted and I went back to using the casette adapter. I'd like to be able to use my iPod in the car if there is something feasible without having to disable any of the existing hardware. Thanks very much in advance.

Finally, what's the part number of the touch screen unit, and is it a direct swap for my car if iw ant the touch screen nav? Do the standard units sell ok on ebay?

ICEMAN
12-27-06, 11:12 AM
GM_Geek is the person you seek.
I also have 2004 Escalade and I recently installed the Ipod adaptor that GM_Geek sells and it works out great in the lade.

There is a thread somewhere under Ipod/2007 Escalade Intergration..

gort
12-27-06, 12:36 PM
GM_Geek is the person you seek.
I also have 2004 Escalade and I recently installed the Ipod adaptor that GM_Geek sells and it works out great in the lade.

There is a thread somewhere under Ipod/2007 Escalade Intergration..

Are you able to maintain all functionality of your OEM equipment? I want to be able to keep the functionality of all the OEM stuff I have currently (nav, disc changer, XM, rear DVD player).

What was the install like? DO you have any pictures of your install?

Thanks much in advance.

flyingdutchman
12-27-06, 01:42 PM
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,44768.0.html

Read the three pages. Might help

benamaster
12-27-06, 02:16 PM
I have a 2003 ESV with the 2005 Touch Screen Radio. I installed the Neucleus Adapter and ever since I did I have been getting Service Stability Lights and my Gauges randomly go back to 0. I have called American International and they said they will look into it. Outside of that problem it is the best adapter because there is no Alternator Whine or any noise.

ICEMAN
12-27-06, 03:13 PM
Gort,
The only thing is that you lose one of the radio presets for the radio.
You either lose one station on your XM 1 and on XM 2
For my radio setup I lost the use of the first (top) button when the radio is set into the XM mode.
XM 1 & 2 now have one button less.

gort
12-27-06, 04:57 PM
Does this happen to a lot of people with the messing up gauges and service lights? That is not sounding too great.

SUX2BU
12-27-06, 06:50 PM
Does this happen to a lot of people with the messing up gauges and service lights? That is not sounding too great.

Thats the first i've heard of it. Mines on its way and i'll let you know how it does once i put it in.

SUX2BU
12-27-06, 06:52 PM
I have a 2003 ESV with the 2005 Touch Screen Radio.

Was it a direct swap? And what did you pay for it?

gort
12-27-06, 07:15 PM
Thats the first i've heard of it. Mines on its way and i'll let you know how it does once i put it in.

Sounds good, please do!

yourgmsolutions
12-27-06, 07:44 PM
I have a 2003 ESV with the 2005 Touch Screen Radio. I installed the Neucleus Adapter and ever since I did I have been getting Service Stability Lights and my Gauges randomly go back to 0. I have called American International and they said they will look into it. Outside of that problem it is the best adapter because there is no Alternator Whine or any noise.

American International did a major screw up. instead of recall of the first generation iPod kits, they just basicaly damped them to on-line retailers, not understanding that all this will back fire on them( I noticed many companys do that, using internet retail as a dumster for out of date or deffective product that they want to get rid of).basicaly they got a bad reputation after that, even now their product is not that bad, a lots of people are still pissed and affraid to buy it again. and I don't blame them.
just send yours back to them, and they may reflash it for you

benamaster
12-27-06, 11:10 PM
Was it a direct swap? And what did you pay for it?

It was a direct swap. I got it from JP Customs for about $2,000 with the Updated NAV Disc. I think it was high considering I could have got one off eBay.

I contacted American International and he said the 5.03 was the latest version they have. Mine is a White Box with the Neucleus logo it came from Logjam Electronics which they say is Authorized and good. I don't know where to go from here.

zx6racer
12-28-06, 01:13 PM
Sorry to thread jack....

I have the PAC video in put for non touch screen radios for sale.

yourgmsolutions
12-29-06, 12:37 AM
Mine is a White Box with the Neucleus logo it came from Logjam Electronics which they say is Authorized and good. I don't know where to go from here.

the latest iPod kits from american international comes in the black boxes.
One of CTS Forum member sent me his to test it (he bought it from Logjam as well). module was so outdated and did not work properly. I called AI and they sent me the new one. came in the black box.

benamaster
12-29-06, 01:24 AM
I will have to call AI tomorrow and see what they have to say again. So are you saying there are multiple versions of the 5.03 software?

yourgmsolutions
12-29-06, 01:30 AM
So are you saying there are multiple versions of the 5.03 software?

honestly, all this version thing, confusing hell out of me. everytime I talk to someone, I hear different #'s
I think bottom line is this
Log jam is their autorized retailer. and since you have issues with product, they must exchange it for the new one for you

benamaster
12-29-06, 01:39 AM
Logjam says AI says they have the newest and the one guy I talked to at AI a few days ago said Logjam has the newest. Anyways I am going to try and get it straightened out tomorrow. Nothing major happens its just meaningless lights and it doesn't seem to effect anything physically. Its the best adapter I've ever used though. It makes the others look like trash beacuse their audio quality is so bad.

SUX2BU
12-29-06, 10:14 AM
Got my Ipod interface a couple days ago.:thumbsup:
Was gonna throw it in yesterday but my damn Ipod took a shit!:mad2:
So i spent a couple hours looking for a replacement on E bay instead of installing the interface.:(
Sux too cause i'm going out of town tomorrow.:crybaby:

downinfl
01-08-07, 01:33 PM
It looks like the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club site is gone -- the domain is now for sale. Any other links or info for a 2004 w/nav w/o touch screen?

Thanks!

benamaster
01-08-07, 02:47 PM
It looks like the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club site is gone -- the domain is now for sale. Any other links or info for a 2004 w/nav w/o touch screen?

Thanks!

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com Is not gone or for sale.

gort
01-10-07, 11:48 AM
So I just go to http://www.logjamelectronics.com/neucncx2i.html and choose my radio (the xm one) and that'll work with my car? Anybody have any suggestions on routing the cable for the ipod? Glovebox? That seems the simplest.

benamaster
01-10-07, 11:53 AM
So I just go to http://www.logjamelectronics.com/neucncx2i.html and choose my radio (the xm one) and that'll work with my car? Anybody have any suggestions on routing the cable for the ipod? Glovebox? That seems the simplest.

I ran my cable to the center console. The glovebox would take virtually no effort to do and be the easiest.

gort
01-10-07, 12:00 PM
I ran my cable to the center console. The glovebox would take virtually no effort to do and be the easiest.

Yea in my 2002 I had an ipod neo adapter and I ran the cable down under the center console. It was handy but kind of a pain that I had to pull out that removable cover and dremel a hole into it.

benamaster
01-10-07, 02:05 PM
I didn't put a hole in the black organizer thing just in the plastic right in the corner so its not noticible and the organizer covers the hole. I then routed the cable along a factory harness to the glove box. Biggest pain was taking the CD changer out to get the cup holder out.

gort
01-10-07, 02:08 PM
I didn't put a hole in the black organizer thing just in the plastic right in the corner so its not noticible and the organizer covers the hole. I then routed the cable along a factory harness to the glove box. Biggest pain was taking the CD changer out to get the cup holder out.

Is the 2003-2006 cupholder not just a pop-out like the 2002? In my 2002 all I had to do was pull up and the cupholder popped out.

Didn't someone here put the heated/cooled cupholders from a platinum in their standard escalade? /me gets idea.....:lildevil:

benamaster
01-12-07, 05:45 PM
The 2003-2006 is kind of like the 2002. Its a little harder I think because you do need to pull the piece with the clock off and then you can pull up the cupholders. The Platinum Cupholders go right in and you can source the power from the cigarette lighter.

gort
01-17-07, 09:56 AM
OK So the unit I have is white. I am getting service stability errors. I thought that someone said logjam was save to order from. Do I need to send it back for a black one?

benamaster
01-17-07, 11:42 AM
I have the same problem. I got mine from Logjam also and it is white. I was told by American International that the Black Box is only for the 2007 vehicles and that the White 5.03 box is the latest version for us. The tech support guy by the name of Keith said that he was going to look into it and to call back next monday.

yourgmsolutions
01-17-07, 11:55 PM
Keith is a cool guy, he knows his stuff.
the only thing I kind of don't like on Necleus for 03-06 GM vehicles is that once iPod kit connected: You loosing preset 1
couple weeks ago i ran into of owner of Smart park, I was buying same back up sensors from him ( they are actually really cool), and he gave me a few of his iPod kits (with newer firmwire and software updated) to try it for evaluation. I was actually impressed
for 03-06 GM models, You don't loose non of presets on the radio, and it's faster and easier to switch in between ipod mode and XM
for 07 models GM, I've tried different iPods, different settings, basicaly I kicked hell out of those both kits. I also tried this kit on 2007 Corvette, CTS,XLR, SRX. And I can say, this kit a bullet proof.
the only thing i did not like, was the way operation manual was written. and price slightly higher. I also think of this success is because he's got a few friends at GM and Apple, which probably helped a lot. He is actually signing or signed a deal with AVIS to install a lot's of those kits into their rental car fleet

benamaster
01-18-07, 12:14 AM
Should i switch to the Smart Park one? Where is the best place to buy it? I need something so I can enjoy the time I have left with my 2003 ESV until I get a different vehicle. I can't stand the Service Stability and Service Ride Control showing up only with the Neucleus is installed. I don't even care about losing Preset 1.

stlrec
08-03-07, 05:10 PM
did this ever get fixed? I have the same problem with mine. I also tend to loose XM also when the Neucleus is attached.

Thanks

hal72
09-29-07, 05:15 AM
did have this problem with the message once now. so I will have to contact American International. this is really bad. because the adapter is other wise very good.