: My Horrible Cts-v Accdient

CadiKing2006
12-26-06, 08:26 PM
Horrible accident happened. Horrible Rain, my traction control was off ( didnt even realize it, so use to just turning it off all the time)

Anyhow as I was passing a guy to get into the left lane. My car slipped. Did 180 and 360 the other way and went on the sideback (broke suspension/cracked rear diff/bend 2 wheels) and hit a tree and a pole.

here are some pictures. I findout tommorow if the car is total or fixble and how much its gona cost.... :mad:

JRoller
12-26-06, 08:31 PM
That absolutely sucks man! How are you? Everyone otherwise ok?

nxlr8
12-26-06, 08:32 PM
OUCH!!!

Looks like a 7-10 split!!!!

DILLIGAF
12-26-06, 08:33 PM
That'll buff right out!

Sorry dude,I feel for you.Shit happens.

CIWS
12-26-06, 08:35 PM
Yeah that sucks man. But glad you are allright none the less !

You can consult urbi about no traction control and smacking the Black Vs :)

HiTechRV
12-26-06, 08:37 PM
Hope everyone's OK. I'm guessing on an '06 they'll want to fix it.

MJDART
12-26-06, 08:38 PM
Oh man thats painful :crying:

That'll buff right out!
That is good..........:yup:

Chef
12-26-06, 08:44 PM
Whoa!

Hope you're ok...

Damn trama messed with your spellin' too...damn!

Chef

heavymetals
12-26-06, 08:55 PM
What a bummer.

Not a way to end the year.

No traction control in the rain on a rear wheel drive, big hp car= disaster.

Glad your ok.

You just got that thing didn't you?

BowenCT
12-26-06, 10:52 PM
Ouch! Glad no one got hurt.

Question for ya, what is written in red on one of the spokes on your wheel(s)?

f2000keith
12-26-06, 11:08 PM
Ouch! Glad no one got hurt.

Question for ya, what is written in red on one of the spokes on your wheel(s)?

Looks like it says Corvette?:confused:

rand49er
12-26-06, 11:18 PM
Those pics make me want to throw up. :vomit:

Glad nobody's hurt.

erp2863
12-27-06, 12:08 AM
Sorry to see that...

but saying that turning off the TC is habit is a pretty poor excuse considering it there was "horrible rain". I now know why my collision insurance went up 20% this year although I have no accidents or anything else that should effect the rate. Idiots own the same car I do. Great!

StealthViggen
12-27-06, 12:35 AM
Uhh...I am located in Toronto, and there was no "Horrible Rain" around the GTA today. Seems to me someone likes to turn off TC and have alittle "fun". Looks like you came up short in the talent department and physics won out. Shame to see a V go down like that. I guess just because you can afford the car payment on a V, doesn't mean you have the skill or respect to drive it.

trekster
12-27-06, 12:40 AM
Not to be an ass or anything,
Judging by the pics the road and car seems a little dry.
At least you came out allright.

CTSV05
12-27-06, 02:24 AM
Sorry to hear.

BUT....didnt anyone else notice how incredibly tight the car is between the pole and tree, what are the odds of that? I mean without going nose first into the pole or tree or something.

12-27-06, 06:40 AM
glad you didn't take out anybody on the sidewalk.

CVP33
12-27-06, 09:49 AM
Damn! We've all been there. I had a "moment" when I first got my 2004. I didn't realize that holding the trac/cont button could turn off "everything". I was showing off and ended up doing a tail slapper trying to regain control of the car. Scared the crap out of me. 6 months later I was doing that for fun though.

v-ape
12-27-06, 11:53 AM
Man, that sucks, sorry to hear that.

I had a similar scarry incident on the highway at 65, TC was all on, but I accelerated to pass someone in the rain, and the rear came out a good 45 degrees, I flapped back and forth from 45 right to 45 left a couple times and regained control. Bald tires were the culprit.

Just beware, if you drive with low traction, whether its tires or lack of TC, you could get a "pop-quiz" on your driving ability.

nikon
12-27-06, 12:38 PM
well, lemme start by saying that sucks...and then Ill say if they total it, do you have any mods you wanna sell??? and Ill agree that everything looks pretty dry.

50 4Ever
12-27-06, 01:34 PM
At least you are alright...

Kadonny
12-27-06, 02:29 PM
Man, that sucks, sorry to hear that.

I had a similar scarry incident on the highway at 65, TC was all on, but I accelerated to pass someone in the rain, and the rear came out a good 45 degrees, I flapped back and forth from 45 right to 45 left a couple times and regained control. Bald tires were the culprit.

Just beware, if you drive with low traction, whether its tires or lack of TC, you could get a "pop-quiz" on your driving ability.

It only takes a second to bring the rear around.

rgd
12-27-06, 03:13 PM
Wow, that does suck............... big time!

rgd
12-27-06, 03:21 PM
Man, I still can't figure out that 4th picture unless you slid past the hedge, changed direction and landed between the tree and pole. (not pictured)
Or it could just be that I am blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. again....

Sorry to see that none the less.

rgd

trukk
12-27-06, 03:24 PM
Sorry to hear.

BUT....didnt anyone else notice how incredibly tight the car is between the pole and tree, what are the odds of that? I mean without going nose first into the pole or tree or something.

Doug,

That thought popped inot my head when I first looked at that picture. that accidnet could happen 100 times and I doubt that would happen again.

After the initial toguht, I then started thinking how luck this guy was. That could have been a LOT worse. Even going fairly slow, hitting either of those head on would be bad news.

I love all the cynical rain conspiracy theories also.

-Chris

LUVMY04V
12-27-06, 04:30 PM
well, lemme start by saying that sucks...and then Ill say if they total it, do you have any mods you wanna sell??? Sh!tty to hear buddy:ill: if that is the case pm me and i will also buy your front bumper...fog assemblies...and lower grill and maybe even your rear bumper..if it would help save u some cash

urbanski
12-27-06, 04:38 PM
shit i put mine into fences twice, perfectly dry and sunny days
shit happens

50 4Ever
12-27-06, 05:34 PM
shit happens

:alchi: :worship:

CIWS
12-27-06, 05:37 PM
shit happens

It was probably the road being too slick from all that shit on it when the rear tires ran through it.

;)

DILLIGAF
12-27-06, 06:44 PM
Looks like to me he went in between the pole and tree backwards.Some of you people are being harsh.If you don't lose it every now and then your not driving it hard enough.My stability crap is always off,funner to throw around!

theloanman219
12-27-06, 07:04 PM
Glad to see your ok, cars are replaceable, peoples lives arent. If they total it ;) can you say STS-V....lol. Well everything happens for reasons we cant explain, just be glad your ok. Keep on the damn traction control on. :)

urbanski
12-27-06, 07:14 PM
actually, you find a tuner to increase the "nanny-ness" of your TC... and keep it on. forever

Rich H
12-27-06, 09:24 PM
Most Cadillacs, including the CTSV, have the least intrusive TC/stabilitrack in the industry.Leave it on during routine daily driving and take advantage of a system that wasn't available 10 years ago. It has kept me out of trouble numerous times.